News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: starting an imp guard army  (Read 324 times)

Offline MysticArcher

• the RedStar2000 papers
starting an imp guard army
« on: January 7, 2004, 12:10:01 AM »
I know this should probably be in the imp guard thing on 40k.ca, but I don't remember my password, which I need to log into 40k.ca, and the I forgot my password thing isn't working   grrr.... grumble

anyway, I have a fair amount of money, 200 dollars (US)  and I want to know what I should buy

I'm thinking of a fairly standard army to start out, not like light infantry or drop troops

any suggestions would be helpful, thx
Hmm, how about those "other" Christian "values"? You know, complete obedience to the clerical hierarchy, burning witches and heretics, persecuting scientists and other non-believers, launching crusades to grab this or that piece of desirable real estate, slavery, oppression of women and gay people, violence against children...stuff like that.

It's all "in the Bible"...which means they can bring any of it up whenever they think the moment is opportune.

Offline Moonsinger

• The Cause of Priapism | Meanie!
  • Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
Re: starting an imp guard army
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2004, 12:16:34 AM »
yes, Im moving it over to the I.G forum.. *moving*
Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
Re: starting an imp guard army
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2004, 12:37:43 AM »
ok... $200 US...

This is what I think would probably be best.

I would recomend getting 3 boxes of Infantry, a Heavy weapon box, and whatever bits you need for your HQ. You can EASILY get 9 heavy weapons out of the heavy weapon box with no converting. I just use normal Guardsmen with either LP/CCW or grenade launchers in my HQ, and either schaeffer or a cadian Lt for the Officer. If you want plasma guns, that'll set you back a bit more. That'll set you back about $100 US (very rough, as I live in Aust).

That'll get you your 2 troops and an HQ. If you want, you can get a Chimera, so you'll have an AF squad, and a platoon w/ 3 inf squads.

Then, maybe get a Russ and Griffon (deffinatly griffon ;)), some elites, maybe Hardened veterans, though they require some converting, or Stormies, or my favourite, Ratlings.
Ratlings would be by far the cheepest option for elites, as for $44 Aust (probably about $20-25 US) you get 10 rats, compared to two times that for stormies.

Fast attack... don't have to have any of this, though I often use sentinels with Lascannons for tank hunting. A Hellhound looks very tasty, though I haven't gotten one yet. Rough Riders also look tasty, though I hate the models :P Use something like Fantasy Empire Knights or Bretonnian Questing Knights with a little converting.

Hope that helped.

Eller
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"