News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Good army list???  (Read 1900 times)

Black

Good army list???
« on: July 30, 2002, 02:27:58 AM »
ive been thinking bout starting a chaos space mairne army and here is what ive been thinking bout buying i havent listed the points or weapons cause im lazy :'(

HQ:
Sorcer
Blood thirster

Elite:
5 Terminators
12 korne bezerkers

Troops:
10 chaos marines

Fast Attack:
4 bikes

Transport
Rhino

Heavy
1 dreadnaught
1 land raider

tell me what u think

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
Re:Good army list???
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 03:26:11 AM »
Well, the first thing that springs to mind is that you've only 1 character (the sorcerer) and the only way a Greater Deamon can enter battle is by possesion - so as soon as your Thirster turns up, you can kiss your Sorcerer bye bye.

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 04:21:37 AM »
If of course that happens which is very HIGHLY unlikely. It seems okay just need more champions and the like.
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 04:42:51 PM »
You need more Troops, no question about it. Drop the Bloodthirster, and spend the points on another Chaos Space Marine squad. I say scrap the Land Raider, and use the points to buy a Predator (or a Havoc Squad, depending on your style) and then use the rest of the points to get some Rhinos for your Chaos Space Marine squads, or to buy yet another CSM squad.

In an Undivided army, you need to have plenty of CSM (or if you're devoting it a God, then spend the points on their "Cult" troops).

Those are my general ideas...but if you were to tell me how many points you're looking to field this army as, I could advise a little bit better.