News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: campain list 1500  (Read 464 times)

Offline lord dracus

• all is fair in love and war
campain list 1500
« on: June 17, 2004, 03:37:30 PM »
we're organising a campain in our local games-club. we all get one of the 20 fields the map is made up with. each field has a facility witch gives you a certain advantage. when you take a terretory, you're either a hated ocupator, an accepted army or a welcomed freedome force. this does, in the same order, nullifies terretorial advantages, does nothing and let you defend with 500pt more when attacked and anyone who takes the terretory is automatically hated occupator.

so far we're in round 1 and i got 2 terretories 8) the in one i took, i'm a celebrated freedome force. (way the go, tau)

my terretories grant me the following: can always deep strike with all units. -1Ap to all blasts and templates.

now i'm asking you guys, can you think of any special tactics with these advantages to my list?

HQ
Shas'o with plasma rifle, misle pod, shield gen, HW tracker, HW drone controller with 2 shield drones

Elites
2 shas'ui crisis with TL plasma rifles and 2 shield drones each
bonded

Troops
11 fire warriors all rifles
1 team leader
bonded

1 team leader
bonded

1 team leader
bonded

Fast Attack
5 pathfinders with 3 rail rifles
1 team leader
bonded
devilfish

Heavy Support
1 broadside with SMS, TL railgun and 2 shield drones
1 team leader with SMS, TL railgun, HW target lock and 2 shield drones

hammerhead with ion cannon, 2 burst cannons, disruption pod and multi-tracker

hammerhead with railgun, 2 burst cannons, disruption pod and multi-tracker

we can still agree on more points useage so I can expand my list
Things i got in reserve: etheral, 10 suits, 18 fire warriors, 2 broadsides, flyer, hammerhead, 2 devilfishes, 6 pathfinders
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 04:27:06 AM by lord dracus »
Loyal Chrisite and follower of the great prophet: Seer Fox.
Turn, or you'll all be doomed, DOOMED!!!

Join the tau empire

Offline The Orange

Re: campain list 1500
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 01:48:38 AM »
Um, you cant get FW squads with all carbines, max is half carbines and half rifles.
If you can deepstrike anything, then why dont you get more kroot.  Then thell be instintly in HTH, and you can take full advantage to their huge number of attacks. Or just have them swamp down the enemy units while you pick off one group at a time.   And why not get a rail gun on the other hammerhead? 2 of them can take out uber amounts of 3+ troops, its just evil  :o.