News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I need a 1500pts Army List  (Read 601 times)

Offline Thrawn.

• Pathfinder
  • Ancient
  • Keep running.
I need a 1500pts Army List
« on: January 30, 2003, 01:46:48 AM »
My friend is starting a Tau army an i know of very little information about the Tau... i personally perfer my stylish eldar but hey!

I was thinking around the lines of 2 Fire warrior squads, um... the big tank :) with a railgun, 1 squad of kroot, a stealth team, and for an HQ a Crisis Commander with 2 body guards. An exact list for a 1500pts army would be most appreciated.

[--Mike--]
I have the flag.

I hate noobs. I hate vets. I hate those that hate. I hate hypocrites.

Offline teclis, high loremaster of the white tower

• you shall not pass !!!!
Re:I need a 1500pts Army List
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 10:19:20 AM »
allright. this is not a mobile tau army. this ones designed for taking out enemies at long range, and never getting into CC.

HQ
shas o commander with missile pod and plasma rifle, multi tracker, HW drone controller w 2 gun drones

2 crisis bodyguards - 1 with 2 plasma rifles and a multitracker
1 with 2 missilepods and a multitracker

both with HW drone controllers and 2 gun drones

Elites

1 crisis suit, equiped with weapons of your choice and a shield generator., HW drone controller and 2 gun drones

4 stealth suits, shas ui team leader with HW drone controller and 2 gun drones

Troops

this ones up to you whether you want 2 squads of 12 or 3 squads of 8

3 squads of 8 fire warriors , shas ui with markerlight and target lock

or

2 squads of 12 fire warriors , shas ui with markerlight and target lock

10 kroot

Fast attack

2 kroot hounds

heavy support

hammerhead with railgun and smartmissiles
multi tracker, target lock, decoy launchers, 3 seeker missiles

broadside with multi tracker, HW drone controller and 2 sheild drones

that list is around 1500 points but im not going to add it up

you will have some extremely good success if u use this right

u infiltrate the kroot ( i know its cheese but its key to this one ), and the stealth suits, with the stealth suits in the centre of the battle field and the kroot to the left. this often baits the opponent to the gap on the right or they will get in CC with the kroot, so line up your hammerhead, broadside, and 2 small squads of fire warriors ( if you go with the 3 squads of 8 )to the right, and your crisis command squad in the middle to come around the flank. you then wait untill your opponent gets near the gap and then you deepstrike your custom crisis suit out of the sky behind them, , exposing rears of vehicles and also disrupting there forward momentum. all this time the kroot and stealth are slowly moving into the centre, for a close combat flank, and for fire suport from the stealths.the 3rd fire warrior squad is there to hold the flank incase someone actually wants to assault the kroot. this is a real marine killer so make sure u use it right and take the chance to set up terrain if you get it

« Last Edit: January 30, 2003, 10:21:24 AM by teclis, high loremaster of the white tower »
brother spoke the four as one, together we shall rule, surrender to the Darkness within your heart knows true,and in this hand the sword of Khaine did promise power untold, As God of Light and God of Murder battled for his soul.
One by one the Daemons fell and Elf Lord he stood tall, For should he fail upon his task then the mortal world would fall.Upon the isle beneath the fight, wise mages cast there spells,And Daemon minions howled in anguish cursed to eternal hell