News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tau Are Back In Town (1500 Points List)  (Read 585 times)

Offline The_Gerv

• Tau- Our tanks are better at CC than our troops.
Tau Are Back In Town (1500 Points List)
« on: June 8, 2009, 01:54:39 AM »
For your consideration:

HQ
Shas'El
-Missile Pod, Positional Relay, Targetting Array, HWDC,
-2x Marker Drones

Troops
6x Firewarriors
-Devilfish w/ Smart Missile System, Disruption Pod, Flechette Discharger, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array

6x Firewarriors
-Devilfish w/ Smart Missile System, Disruption Pod, Flechette Discharger, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array

6x Firewarriors

Fast Attack
3x Piranha w/ Fusion Blaster, Disruption Pod, Flechette Discharger, Targeting Array

Heavy Support
Hammerhead w/ Railgun, 2x Burst Cannon, Disruption Pod, Flechette Discharger, Multi-Tracker

Hammerhead w/ Railgun, 2x Burst Cannon, Disruption Pod, Flechette Discharger, Multi-Tracker

Sky Ray w/ Smart Missile System, Disruption Pod, Flechette Discharger, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array

Total Cost: 1497

Tactics
If I get first turn or am facing high model-count armies, I deploy my army. Otherwise I put eveything in reserve but the commander. He sits in some dark corner of the table. Anything that wanders to close gets markerlights to reduce the cover save and a missile pod salvo to eat. Nothing major, but still something. Turn 2, the positional relay brings in the Piranhas, pulling the enemy away from my board edge by turbo-boosting far onto the board. Turn 3 I leave the positional relay off to bring in the majority of the army. I concentrate my firepower on the biggest anti-tank threats. All my vehicles move 12" a turn. With flechette dischargers and 12" movement, Tau vehicles are more powerful in CC than most Tau infantry. On turn 5, I move my vehicles towards the objectives. I know that only troops can control objectives, but anything can contest. And if I run my vehicles onto every objective my opponent controls, I can still win, or at least tie.

Offline BaileyBankai, The epic ninja duck

• Orks, salemanders, cadians, i like green.
Re: Tau Are Back In Town (1500 Points List)
« Reply #1 on: June 8, 2009, 12:28:23 PM »
erm yea. It sound like a good idea in theory but i dont realy like it. First in the first turn your commander will be shot to bits and is unlikely to survive. then on the second turn the parhanas may or may not come on even if it is likeley on a 2+ its not a good idea to hinge a plan on 1 roll of the dice, even if they do come on they will most likely be shot to bits, and its not hard seeing as they are opened toped and low armor values. the tactic just doesnt sound good. its better to make a list that can adapt and react in lots of different situations and locations, not just have 1 battle plan and use it every battle.

i would heavily adapt the list first your hq doesnt want a positional relay, it takes up a hardpoint and according to ur tactic u only use it once not good get anolther gun probably plasma rifle but u can look around at othe configurations. Also marker dones are way over priced ur better off with shield drones. they make him much more survivable. if ur gunna get another gun definatley get a multi tracker, its a no brainer.
i dont like using only 6 warriors in a squad they will get eaten alive, use at least 8, i go for 10 because thats the most u can get and still use fish of fury. uve also use flechette dischargers. im not sure about these u need sum1 elses opinion 4 this but if u dont use them u can save 70 pts overall.
i dont realy like pirenha's urs its only 1 gun and 2 drones not worth the points realy, also seeing as they are so easy to kill i dont use them.
hammerheads are good i usualy take 2 aswell as they are so versitile.
i dont realy like sky rays seker misiles are for anti tank and it looks like youve got enough in there already, mabe get some crisis suits insted, by far one of my fav units realy makes a tau army come to life.
you may want to get some more poeple's advice though as i am not a tau guru i just know most of what people use.

'i can pulp your flesh and snap your bones in less than a second and without so much as lifting a finger. what is the power of technology compared to that?' Vel'cona chief librarian of the salamanders.