News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Forgefathers of Battle  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Karadram

• A new threat on the Eastern Fringes...
Forgefathers of Battle
« on: October 18, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
So, (probably long story short) I've bought a couple of Mantic Forgefathers and I'm going to play them using the Sisters of Battle WD codex.
I chose Sisters partially because I already have a large Space Marine army, and I never really thought the dwarves looked beefy enough
for Marine stats. Also, I've always sort of wanted a Sisters of Battle army.

I settled on Sisters and just a few weeks later I stumbled upon these guys: WAR HEAD: Hammering the Warpath (scroll down)
Now I REALLY wanted to work on these Fathers of Battle!

I don't want any Ecclesiarch units (gimping me quite alot as I have come to understand) as my view of this army is somewhat like.. I dunno, modern
day american soldiers? Highly elite units that prefer to shoot at the enemy and if possible, avoid melee.

Sheesh and here I said I'd shorten that long story, oh well..

What I have tinkered with so far as an army list is as follows.

Canoness with.. what?
Sororitas Command Squad with 2 multi meltas

2x10 Sisters with 2 flamers/2meltaguns

10 Seraphim with 2 Handflamers, Superior with Eviscerator

10 Dominions with.. don't hate me but 4 Stormbolters, Superior has one aswell.

6 Retributors with 4 Heavy Bolters

I'm gonna fix some transports (Immolators/Rhinos) for pretty much all these units
but I'm unsure as to what armament they should have?

The Dominions are themed much like War Heads. Special forces guys with the sniper rifles counting as Stormbolters.

I'll try and get some pics up if people are interested.

After all of that, I'm left with around 10 more bodies. Any ideas as to what I should do with them?

Thankful for any help!
Cheers

-edit-

Hmm.. After reading through this again I'm kinda confused as to what I was asking.
So!
Would that list work?
Do you have any suggestions to improve it?
What should or could I do with the last 10 guys?
Favourite armament for Immolators?
What do you usually equip your Canoness with?
Celestine a must have?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:30:45 PM by Karadram »

Offline Karadram

Re: Forgefathers of Battle
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Ok some pics. Sorry for the awful quality :-[

Starting off with some Seraphim

I used cut down Multimelta backpacks from the Space Marine Devastators as Jump Packs

The whole squad

And one of the guys with Hand flamers

Then there's the Dominions, the snipers count as Stormbolters (More accurate fire at long range 24" - Assault 2)

Lastly the Dominion squad, wearing camo cloaks, night vision goggles and chique scarves ;)

I'm not sure about a color scheme yet (though leaning towards some sort of modern desert camo) if you have any suggestions I'm all ears!

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 05:45:05 PM »
But stormbolters are so useless, they're extra useless now bolters fire at range on the move too nowadays.

If you like snipers why not ally a small marine force? A couple of scout squads could work. You could have a MoFo for HQ with a conversion Beamer modelled as a heavy weapon team!

I like the models though, nice of the sarge to being a hammer of war!
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Karadram

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 03:31:58 AM »
Aah I know I know, the 5 stormbolter unit is such a waste of special weapon slots!
Although I must say I quite like your idea of having them as Allies (the thought have crossed my mind) but what really did it for me was the magical words "MoFo".
Not too fighty and quite techy, I like it! I shall have to take another look at the Space Marine codex.