News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Arming Noise Marine Champions  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Arming Noise Marine Champions
« on: April 13, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »
Just curious what people have been giving the champions in noise marine units. I am in the process of building a few champions with different weapon options but wasn't sure if there was a simple optimal build that I should be using.

Cheers
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Arming Noise Marine Champions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:20:33 PM »
How are you arming the rest of the squad? When I ran them, I kept them cheap with a meltabomb and not much else. If the squad was loaded with sonic weapons, combat was the last place I wanted them.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 10:01:19 PM »
I liked taking the champion with a doom siren and placing him in a basic squad in a rhino and did drive-bys.

As Killersquid said, it really depends on how you are kiting out the rest of the squad and also what your meta is like.

If you are going for sonic blasters and/or blast master and maintaining a support role or an objective camper, a cheap as chips champion works well. If you have the points, adding a power weapon is great to have for any challenges you'll likely encounter. The higher initiative really helps out there.

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 01:28:53 PM »
I have always armed them with sonic blasters and one blastmaster, I have never really considered gearing them up fr combat. Is that something I should try? and for now lets say I am arming the champion to shoot with the rest of the squad.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:48:05 PM »
I have always armed them with sonic blasters and one blastmaster, I have never really considered gearing them up fr combat. Is that something I should try? and for now lets say I am arming the champion to shoot with the rest of the squad.

Doom sirens are fine, but only if you plan to moving your squad a lot, which negates their other weapons. However, a non-sonic noise marine squad is not much more expensive than normal CSM. In a Kakophani, the Doom Siren can be really scary. But, I would gear them for either long ranged shooting, or close up. Not both.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria