News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Old Faces of the WAAAAGH!!! - still active? move entry to the new sticky!  (Read 18909 times)

Offline Zomro

Name: Zomro (feel free to call me Michael)

Profile: Got interested in Warhammer by my brother (who plays Dark Angels) back when I was about 12, and I find myself 9 years later finally collecting an army.  40k Orks intrigued me with their barbaric style and dark humor.  I had gotten a Warboss model and some Boyz box sets a few months before the new Codex came out, so I haven't experienced a "phasing out" of any old models.

Current Forces:

Most of my stuff is WIP, so current forces will be updated as I'm able.

Works in Progress

2 Warbosses
Notes: Have enough parts to make two bosses, one with big choppa and the other with PK.  Both will have kombi skorchas.  Working on getting suitable attack squigs.

SAG Mek
Notes: Painting my SAG Mek's parts before final completion.  For my HQ's, I want to give them the benefit of some attention to detail.

KFF Mek
Status: Constructed (missing a left arm w/ weapon), not primed
Notes: Not sure what weapon to give him, will probably give him a PK for my future "Dred Bash" list I'd like to collect.

Lootas
Notes: Other stuff in loota / burna box going into bitz box, should be able to make up to 8 burnas out of left over Boyz bitz.

Nob Mob (5 and painboy) with trukk

11 Boyz and Nob w/ PK in trukk

20 Shootas with 2 big shootas

19 Sluggas and nob w/ PK
Status: 16 almost done painting, 3 not primed, nob not primed

5 bikers and nob w/ PK

2 Deffkoptas
Notes: I'm converting my Deffkoptas from Sentinal cockpits and various other bits.  As soon as I'm able, I definately am going to try and post some WIP pictures of these.

Battlewagon
Notes: Converting from a Chaos Land Raider box, using pieces from a "3rd" edition trukk and am going to be raiding into a Basilisk I bought (was gonna loot it, but good thing I didn't even open it until after the new 'dex).

Looted Wagon
Notes: It's a looted Leman Russ, not sure which one it was got it second hand from my brother.  The turret gun has fallen off and I need to construct a replacement.

3 Kannons

12 gretchin krew
Notes: 3 of the krew are to be used as ammo runts for my kannon battery, and I'm gonna run my kannon battery with 9 krew total.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:55:20 PM by Gutstikk »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: Re: Faces of the WAAAAGH!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 06:46:09 PM »
Ork Project Article Contest for prize - click here for details

Hi! I'm Gutstikk, better known as a member of the EldarOnline Path of Command [POC EO]. I spend a lot of time working on projects on the Eldar board, and come over here mostly to have fun. Still, I'll be lending a hand on the Ork boards, helping out coordinate some projects and helping maintain the Ork Path of Command [the Waaagh! thread, it's in the other sticky if you're interested in helping to get it rolling!].

My Orks were my first army, though the Eldar have become my primary army now. Still, I have TWO totally independent Ork forces, the Vandalz [an all-biker army, except for 1 battlewagon] and the Borstal Boyz [a mostly footslogging Badmoons force]. I like the totally different experience each of these armies offer; they might as well be from two different codexes. Both forces are loads of fun.

I'll update this post in a while, just figured I'd carve out my chunk of space.

The Vandalz (I'll add some background material eventually):

The vandalz have won me 250$ in store credit in the past so who cares what their W/L/D record is anymore! Now they are fielded for simple cool factor.

The Borstal Boyz (click here to view their background material):

So far, the Borstal Boys have accrued 2 victories and suffered 3 losses. Mostly I attribute this to the new rules for Shootas giving them a hard time, and a credible lack of power klaws, and my obsession with Flash Gitz. But time will tell!
« Last Edit: October 4, 2008, 06:59:15 PM by Gutstikk »

Offline Agent of Change

• Ork Boy
  • It's not how much dakka, It's who doesn't survive!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 06:52:32 PM »
Name:

Agent of Change (or that crazy person who won’t listen to reason)

Profile:

Been playing warhammer for 14 years since I was about 12.  Always loved Orks since I started, mostly as opponents.  I never started an Ork army for the longest time, watching them become less “Orky” in 3rd/4th editions didn’t help. But when they released the new ‘Dex it was time to embrace the horde.  I have fallen in love with Orks and they have pretty much supplant all of my other armies for top spot.  I really dig the Orks, and have more of a sense of humor and fluff driven concept of them than with my other forces.

Current Forces:

Well My basic concept is that I am building a Waagh that will be made up of several war bands.  The Overall Kommander of this Waagh is Ziknarl ‘Eadbang (some of you may have seen the rules I posted for him on this forum), and right now I am mostly working on the “feral Ork” War band.  So I’ll List a War band and what units I have for it, If it’s named then it’s finished, otherwise assume it’s unpainted.

WAAAGH! ZIKNARL

Uglukk Grubsnachas Odd Ladz

--Da Bosses—
Uglukk Grubsnacha (Warp Head)

--Da Ladz—
Gutbustas’ Crunchas (30 Strong Slugga mob w/ 3 Big Shootas, Nob w/Big Choppa)

30 Strong Slugga mob w/ 3 Rokkit Launchas, Nob w/Power Klaw

30 Strong Shoota mob w/ 3 Big Shootas, Nob w/Big Choppa

30 Strong Shoota mob w/ 3 Rokkit Launchas, Nob w/Power Klaw

9 Strong Tank Bustas Squad w/ Nob w/Rokkit Launcha, 2 bomb Squigs, 1 Tankhammer

--Da Grotz—
Da Ded Rippas (3 Killa Kans w/ Grotzookas)

3 Killa Kans w/ Rokkit Launchas

3 Zzzap Gun battery w/ 12 Grotz and a Slaver

Unnamed Mekboy War band

--Da Bosses—
SAGmek

--Da Ladz—
12 Trukk Boys w/ Shootas, PK Nob, Big Shoota, Trukk w/ the works

12 Trukk Boys w/ Shootas, PK Nob, Big Shoota, Trukk w/ the works

8 Bikes w/PK Nob

8 Burna Boyz w/1 KMB mek

6 Flash Gitz w/ Painboy

--Da ‘Eavy Stuff—
BigMek Stompa

Orky Air Corps
2 Fightas

1 Deff Skreema Dive Bomma (rules also posted on this forum you just might have to dig.)

Okay so there are the two war bands and support I’m currently working on.  Basically I’m looking at this like a “real” Waagh where war bands are mushed together in service of da biggest baddest Ork so army lists will tend to draw from the different war bands (each of which will be getting their own paint scheme) which in the end will end up giving the army a kind of patch work feel that I’m looking forward to.  Here are a couple of links to track my stuff if you are interested.

This first one is to my 2008 Projects thread where scratch builds and conversions are posted as I finish them; expect more Ork stuff in the near future.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=158241.0

This one is for my Orks as I finish painting units.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=158984.0

Sadly no full army pic not that it would look like much right now anyway.  Perhaps in the future. 

WAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 01:33:51 AM by Agent of Change »
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles.
___________________ _______________
Blood Angels: still fighting for the Imperium and not Khorne...  Really.
Da Boyz iz wierd, Da Boyz iz mad, Da Boyz iz 'ere, WAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!
"Unprotected FAQing gave me Codex Herpes"

Offline EngeKomkommer

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »
Name: Christopher

Profile: I'm chris from england. I've been playing orks since 2nd edition, a year or two into 3rd edition I stoped the hobby due to money and time issuses.
Now I'm back and re learning how to roll dice ork style.
My army is 75% painted, but all put together.

CURRENT WAAAGGHHH!!!:
At last count I had the following (But I have loads of stuff in a LARGE bits box):
 26 shootas         126
 59 Slugga boyz         354   480
 7 big shootas          77
 5 Burna boyz          75
 8 Rokkit boyz         128   760
 4 Kommandos
 11 Ard boyz with sluggas   110   870
 12 Bikes         300   1170
 2 Slavers
 3 Mega nobz
 14 Nobs with misc weapons   224
 2 Nob bikers
 3 Warbosses
 3 Big meks (KMB, SAG and KFF)
 1 Killa kan         40
 1 Deff Dread         85
 8 Trukks
 4 Buggies
 1 Looted wagon         120   1639
 1 Zzap gun
 Misc Squigs/grots (At least 80 old style grots) ~240

I'm painting alot of the old orks up as Goffs, and intend to make a footslogging/dread bash force, but currently play KoS until my two new big meks are painted and funds let me purchase another dread.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 02:32:10 PM by EngeKomkommer »

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 11:57:52 PM »
 Name:O.I.C. "Ork in charge" hay you works just fine.

Profile: been an ork at heart all my life.Tryed to start orks back when they where in the starter box but missed it by one week end.Been playing orks in 40k sence the week end that the old dex came out.Loved every moment of it.Been a Speed frek even before there where any recorded speed freaks.Still am.

YES i have ork tattoos!!

Current Forces?!? WOW..i wont list them all..as they are constantly re-mobing.But ive got alil over 5k..i think.. Not including strange side projects.
 LIKE: boat orks..
         Green knights

But i will add a pic or two..

ill post more later..and edit as needed

okie so i need to post for my green deamon works. im going to enter two if thats okie.

Grabawelda my mekboss

and "da vesel of GORK"

and now on my way to nobdom' my newest meganobs...

OIC
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:46:34 AM by O.I.C. »

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 03:28:40 AM »
Name:  Angel of Death 007

Profile:  (updated 1/1/10)  Well since posting this almost a year and a half ago I am yet to play a game with my orks or even complete them.  I started orks in the latest codex release.  I have been playing 40K for about 3 years now.  I have a very large Space Marine Army, a large Eldar army, a Tau army, a red cosairs CSM army,an ork army still in progress (long journey) and an assembled guard army. 

I was drawn to the orks because I really wanted to play a horde army.  Plus came up with a really good character that I want to see fullfil his destiny.

Current Force:
so far everything is under construction almost everything I got is the latest release and I am currently working on some other conversions.

Ork Army:

Warboss on a bike...  going to try going custom here still getting the pieces i need. I did a couple of sketches that look promising. (Wanna go with the FW boss on bike... so sweet.)

Thrakka    NIB
Sag mek.  NIB
Weirdboy NIB
Big Mek KFF.  partially painted

8 lootas primed
8 burnas( 4 built, 4 primed )
3 mega nobs (NIB)
10 kommandos (NIB)
Snikrot- Painted

100 boyz about 40% converted from fantasy 6th edition orks about 40 half way painted, 60 primed)
28 grots 2 herders, half primed which are conversions
2 trucks built
1 truck (will be a conversion from a '39 Chevy coupe model)(conversion started )
1 truck (will be a conversion from a '29 Ford truck model)

looted wagons will be made from a M7 Priest open topped tank model (planning stages)
the second will be made from a half tracks troop transport model (planning phase as well) (kit purchased for bashing :))

Big guns one Kannon model (NIB)
3x Mega nobs (NIB)
Battlewagon will be converted from a large 1/35 scale tank (planning stage sketched out and getting all the stuff i need together)

warbuggie (converted and built) primed

warbuggie II (converted off a military scout vehicle which i just finished the conversion LOOKS AWESOME and since then added big monster truck tires as the tires didn't fit raised it up and it is primed black now)

5 warbikes( built and primed)

I would also like to make some Killa kans (totally converted from different items around the house ((got parts from hardware store))-)

Pictures will come once I start to get more items completed.  I still have never played them yet but look forward to once I complete my army.

After reading the new Codex I definately thought that Orks would be for me.  I like converting things and I always wanted to try a horde type army so... here goes. 

-updated I have been making some slow but steady progress(in green).

Works in Progress
finish work on 40 boyz, painting 60 boyz, detail work on KFF mek, boss on bike conversion, Painting painting and more painting... hopefully will field my army this year....

oh yeah and assembly/building a stompa i bought.

Finished Green Demon entry

« Last Edit: January 2, 2010, 01:51:34 AM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Teej

• Orkscribe
  • I know where da best fightin' iz
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 12:40:21 AM »
Name: Teej

When I started 40k a few years ago I began with Eldar, and I happened across the old Eldaronline forums and learned a great deal from the boards. I bought a ork codex in October of last year and intended to make it my main army list, but I decided to wait for the new codex before I purchased any models.

As of right now my models include:

HQ's
Warboss
Big Mek
Wierdboy

Troops

20 Shoota boyz
20 Slugga boyz
1 Trukk

Elites
6 Nobs
4 lootas
1 mek
1 burna boy

Fast Attack
Deffkopta

Heavy Support
3 Killa Kans
1 Battlewagon
Looted Wagon

In progress:
Finishing up some bikers and a dread

I've gotten a few games in with the boyz, and after a few close losses, the boyz finally krumped some of the chaos boys with da spikey bits. I'm continuing to proxy units and test out different tactiks, and konverting some neat units out of whatever spare gubbins I can get my hands on.

Luckily, My modeling ability translates well into ork technology, I'll post some pics as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:58:39 PM by Teej »

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2008, 03:57:12 PM »
Awards and Trophies:

also nominated for 2008 Ork Poster of the Year
           AND 2009 Ork Poster of the Year

Current Forces: (updated Dec 09.  Ancient stuff that still has not been reconverted into current game standards have been striked thru)

HQs
     Biker Boss GorSkul with Pk, Big Horns, Bosspole, Cybork
     Biker Boss DakkaDelGor with Pk, Iron Gob, Bosspole, Cybork
     Kustom Wazzdakka
     Warboss with Big Choppa, Eavy Armor, Bosspole
     Warboss with Pk, Choppa, Eavy Armor, Big Horns, Bosspole, Waaagh Banner
     AoBR Warboss Konversion with Pk, Slugga, Cybork Body, Bosspole
     Mega Boss "Solorg" with Mega Armor, Big Horns, Bosspole, Cybork, Attack Squig
     Mega Boss "Gutstikk" with Mega Armor, Iron Gob, Bosspole, Cybork, Attack Squig
     Big Mek with KFF, More Dakka Slugga, Cybork
     Big Mek with KFF, Burna, Eavy Armor, Bosspole,
     Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun and Eavy Armor
     Mega Mek with Mega Armor, Cybork, Bosspole
     Painboss with Urty Syringe, Cybork Body, Bionic Arm, Dok Tools

Retinues
     9 Cyborks (retired with the new Dex)

Nobz
     9 Pk, Choppa, Iron Gobz (3 Big Horns), Bosspole
     5 Pk, Slugga Bosspole
     2 Feral Nobs Big Shoota, Eavy Armor, Toof Necklace, Shiny Bitz, Bosspole (retired)
     1 Flash Git Nob, Big Shoota, Pk, Armor (retired)
     1 Stormboyz Nob with Pk, Armor, Iron Gob
     1 Nob Big Choppa, Bosspole

Elite
     19 Skarboyz 3 with Burnaz (Retired)
     19 Ard Boyz 3 with Burnaz

30 Lootaz
     5 Nob Bikerz, 2 Pk's 1 Dok
     5 Boar Boyz count as Nob Bikers, 2 Pk, 1 Pigdok
     20 Megaz
     1 Mega Armored Grot

Troops
     100 Slugga Boyz
     46 Shoota Boyz
     30 Grots
     5 Slavers

Utility Orks
     9 Big Shootaz
     14 Rokkit Launchas

Fast Attack
     23 Warbikers (Circa GorkaMorka/3rd Edition, not the new ones)
     6 Warbuggies with Blue Paint, Twin Rokkits
     9 Warbuggies with Red Paint, Twin Rokkits, Armor plates, Ard Top
     9 Trakks with Red Paint, Twin Big Shootas, Ard Top
     12 DeffKoptas, each with Twin Rokkitz

Heavy
     9 Kanz 5 with Rokkits 4 with Big Shoota
     5 Kannons
     Looted Leman Russ (in process of re-konverting into new Battlewagon)
     2 Battlewagons with Armored Top 3 Big Shootas, Kannon, armor plates
     Battlewagon with Zzap, 2 twin Big Shootaz, Red paint, Armor, Grots
     Battlewagon with Zzap, 2 twin Big Shootaz, 5 Bolton Big Shootas, Red Paint, Armor, Grots

7 Flash Gitz with More Dakka, eavy Armor, Git Findaz
     Da M.O.S.H.A. Mark 1
     2 ScratchDreads with 2 Big Shootaz
     3 Scratchbuilt KillaKanz with Grotzookaz

Konversion of Da Week:

Peace
~OD
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:52:44 AM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 04:01:22 AM »
Name: Locarno

Current Forces: in 40k terms, 2 seperate 1500 point armies (or one 3000 point apocalypse force)

Da Deffwing

The boyz fighting under the banner of the winged choppa consist of the following:

Thrugg Bullneck, Master of Da Deffwing - (Ghazgkhull)

Kaptin Jack, Deffwing Skarboss - (Mega Armoured Warboss)

Skwad One, Led by Da Kompany Champion - (8 Mega-Armoured Nobz including 1 Kombi Skorcha)

Skwad Two, Led by Cyphork - (8 Mega-Armoured Nobz including 1 Kombi Skorcha)

3 Looted Land Raiders - (Battlewagons)*

Waaaggh! Bazza

A straight update of my footslogging boyz from 3rd edition Codex: Orks.

Mad Bazza - (Warboss with Big Choppa, Eavy armour and Shoota)

Spannaz - (Big Mek with Kustom Force Field Generator)

Aruk's Boyz - (30 Slugga Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launchas, led by a Nob with a Bosspole and Power Klaw)

Krug's Boyz - (30 Slugga Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launchas, led by a Nob with a Bosspole and Power Klaw)*
Rend's Boyz - (30 Slugga Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launchas, led by a Nob with a Bosspole and Power Klaw)*
Maim's Boyz- (30 Slugga Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launchas, led by a Nob with a Bosspole and Power Klaw)*
Zagga's Boyz - (30 Slugga Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launchas, led by a Nob with a Bosspole and Power Klaw)*
Da Runtz - (25 Grotz, led 2 Slavers with Grabba Sticks)

* Indicates a unit that's not finished in some way - in the case of Waaaggh! Bazza, tankbustaz and assorted other models need repainting to fit into the regular mobz, and some mobs need bulking out. They're almost all at least 20 strong already, though.

Da Fightin' One-Eighty-First Air Waaaggh!!! - Da "Green Daemonz"

Unpainted

The Skwadron

fighta bomma with dorsal shootas

da fighta cover

fighta bomma with grot bombz and assorted other underwing stores

Painted

The Fighta-Bomma wing, fully painted up.  These flyboyz are the meat of the Air Waaaggh!!! - not quite as fast as the fightas but with extra top cover from their dorsal shootas, and a massed volley of grot bombz to break up enemy formations.

Of course you might be wondering what's on their tail in the last picture. The answer is the new Big Bomma. I think the model's fantastic and in fact it was the first thing I painted, despite being the most recent buy.

Quite a few turrets, as you can see.

The 'tigersquig stripe' is the Skwadron colour scheme, and is repeated on all the aircraft except for the Kolonels - he rates his own kustom paint job!

Precision smart bombs are not really a terribly orky approach

The Green Daemonz (so far) formed up.

Inquisitor

Kaptin Skab, Freeboota Bounty Killa

Spannaz, Grot Assistant

Battle Reports

A 500 point detachment of Waaaggh! Bazza against Black Templars

Da Rumble - a 1500 point Deffwing/Deathwing clash

Big Game Hunting - 1500 points Deffwing versus Tyranids
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:02:51 PM by Locarno »
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Dr. Ravingburger

• Ork Boy | No stranger to love.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 08:54:06 PM »
Name: Dr.Ravingburger

All I have painted is a Tankbusta Nob. It is the first model I ever painted, so cut me some slack- just give me my title and we can forget about it ;D

Notes: It is fully painted- the rokkits are Boltgun metal, the skin is Catachan Green, the Commisar hat is Badmoon Yellow, the Skull is Blood Red,the clothing is Kommando Khaki and the teef are Skull White. The pic is blurry, so it is difficult to tell.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/282596/Nob.jpg.html

(It wouldn't let me put in in the website the other way, and trust me, it is for your own good.)

Sorry I couldn't get a better picture.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 08:56:00 PM by Dr. Ravingburger »

Offline Joshiantor 98

• Ork Boy
  • Gir now also dances better than you!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 04:18:30 AM »
My Name: Joshiinator 98

Profile: Been commanding orks for two months it is the first army i have taken and i have won all five games with them as I'm having some mas shooting phases.

Forces

HQ

Ghaz
Warboss
SAG

Elites

10 Lootas

Troops

30 Shootas

20 Sluggas

2 Rockkits

3 Big Shoota

Heavy Support

3 Killa Kans

1 KMB
2 Big Shoota

Work In Progress

Painting

Killa Kans
SAG

Offline SpetZoo

• The Undertaker!!
  • Knipps Knipps!
« Reply #11 on: May 4, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
Name: Spetzoo aka Rick

Profile: Started playing 40k with Necrons, they did Not suit my playstyle. Later I went on to play a AC... didn't work so well either. Later realised that orks work for me in fantasy... logically they should be fun to play in 40k as well.
And they are.
Think it's fun to win but would rather have a laugh while playing.
Usually model and paint units and models i think either look cool, have fun special rules or both.
My forces do tend to have a massive amount of points spent on the boss and his favorite nobz.
Didn't get along with some people at the local warhammer hangout where I used to live so my interest in the hobby just died(about 1-2 years ago). But now that I have moved to another part of the country my interest has awoken yet again.
Played my first game in a long time only yesterday... It was fun... so now I'm back.

Forces

HQ

Warboss
Wierdboy
Mad Dok Grotsnik

Elites

Nobz x12
Burnas x8
-Mekboy

Troops

Gretchin x30
- Runtherdas x2
Slugga&Choppa boys x60
Shootas x10
Rokkits x4
Big Shootas x6

Fast Attack

Buggey x1
Wartrakk x1
Schorcha x1
Trukks x2

Heavy Support

Flash gitz x10
Sguiggoths x3(1 kannon, 2 lobba)
Looted bassilisk(gonna remodel this one)

Work in progress
Battlewagon
Deathkopta
Kommandos x7

Still getting a feel to this new codex of ours. But I will get me one of those SAG's.  ;D
And of course the 4th Ed is gonna make me do some remodeling and rethinking.
Thats all for now.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2008, 10:31:55 AM by SpetZoo »
I know Rasmus!
No really! I do. He beats my armies all the time!

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Necrontyr Immortal | Ripper
  • Needs more Desu
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »
Name: Ner'Zuhl

Profile:  Been playing orks since the release of the new codex.  Before that I played various other armies.  I had always wanted to play orks, but everyone at my local group kept advising me not to.  With the newest edition of the codex i decided to screw them, and play orks anyway.  And I have seen green ever since

Forces

HQ

Thraka
SAG
Big Mek with Forcefield

Elites
8 Burna Boyz
15 Lootas

Troops
12 Slugga Boyz
-Nob w/ Boss Pole and PK
-Trukk w/ Red Paint and Ram
12 Slugga Boyz
-Nob w/ Boss Pole and PK
-Trukk w/ Red Paint and Ram
20 Shoota Boyz
-2 Big Shootas
-Nob w/ Boss Pole and Shoota

Fast Attack
6 Bikers
-Nob w/Boss Pole and PK
2 Deffkoptas w/Big Bomb and Buzz Saws
2 DeffKoptas w/TL Rokkets

Heavy Support
3 Lobbas
Battle Wagon w/Ram, Red Paint, Grot Riggers, Kill Cannon, and Extra Armor(Still a work in progress)

8 Flash Gitz
-PainBoy w/Grot attendant

Still working on getting paint on my boyz, but this waagh is still growing with no sign of stoping.

Favorite Ting to Stomp: Bleck Tempies
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:57:15 PM by nerzuhl »

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
« Reply #13 on: June 5, 2008, 11:33:57 AM »
ALL MY PICTURES

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/pheelixkat/orks/

FOR SOLORG

1x Scorcha WarBuggy

1x Rokkit Buggy

3x meganobs

2x Walking Warbosses

6x Tankabustas

3x 12 trukk boyz and trukks

6x Deffkoptas

1x TL Rokkit WarBuggy

3x Biker Warboss

2x 7 Biker Nobz

15x Warbikers with Nobs

12x Kommandos

1x Big Mek w/ shock attack gun

1x 11 Burnas, 3 Mek, KMB

1x Battlewagon, Shootas and Deffrolla

2x Looted Wagon

1x Kustom Dread/Mek on wheels

misclaneous nobs, boys, meks and trukks not up to standard yet

WORKING ON - USING HALF PAINTED

4 Meganobs

Mega armoured Warboss

'Istory of Da Motley Krew

Worturty Snagasog looked over his shoulder and wondered what had happened to rest of the boys. He remembered speeding headlong into battle with five large mobs of bikers looking for a good fight. He had joined a larger Waaagh looking for some fun. The field was littered with the bloody corpses of both humans and orks alike. He still had the remnants his mob of Nob bikers and he could see more Orks from other Klans off on the flank. He recalled passing some large tin cans charging into the fray and behind him stood a big one. That crazy big mek, Snotsnik Mekthug, was with some grots toting a Kannon and slowly marching up from behind them was a group of  burnas shouting out of a wagon with big grins on their faces, obviously enjoying running over the scattered bodies of their victims. Worturty Snagasog was a speed addict. He loved the sounds of fast vehicles but he loved a good fight even more. This part of of the galaxy had plenty of settlements to pillage and slaughter and Worturty knew his one small mob of bikers needed a little reinforcing. So he decided he would just draft the survivors some his little tribe. Worturty always wanted to be the boss of a large Waaagh! and collect lots of teef. If he could build up his reputation he might  attract the motley remnants of other Waaaghs and realize his dream. Worturty had been in many battles. He was pretty clever for an Ork and actually understood that speed was just one element of a successful Waaagh. Surprise and variety were the other two elements let led to victory and he did not believe that Orks fought to a draw! He was not quite ready to forsake his clan and become a freebooter but he was more than willing to recruit whomever was left over from larger battles and looking for a crew to join. He just anted a good fight and was willing to even hire out his band as mercenaries. It looked like a pretty ragtag crew but Worturty knew these boys were tough and had done well in a major battle. He heard that that crazy speed freak Wazdakka was laso roaming this part of the galaxy and he was more then willing to join his waaagh for more plunder.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/pheelixkat/orks/

'Ey Boyz, we gotz da Waaagh! on our side, we ain't losin' ta no 'umies.
'Ere we go! 'Ere we go! WAAAGH!"

"Were's da 'ammer and wots an' anveel?"

'Ere we go! 'Ere we go! WAAAGH!"

'Ey Boyz, we gotz da Waaagh! on our side, we ain't losin' ta no fish 'eads.

'Boy dem deffrolla spikz giv' good trakshun on bones an' metal'

"At 'em boyz"

Da Boss; Worturty Snagasog
Warboss; 140
Bike, Power Klaw, Bosspole, Cybork

Snagasog's Speed Addiktz
6 Nobz; 380
Bikes, Painboy, Grot Orderly, Cybork, Waaagh! Banner,
Power Klaw, Kombi Scorcha

Wazdakka; 180

Ogbad's Morkers
5 Warbikers; 165
Ogbad, PK, Bosspole 

Grimgob's Morkers
5 Warbikers; 165
Grimgob, PK, Bosspole 

DregSkab's Trukka Boyz
12 Shoota Boyz; 104
Stikkbombs, DregSkab, Bosspole, Big Choppa

Da Wreckin' Trukk; 45
Big Shoota, Wreckin' Ball

Deffkopta Wun
Deffkopta; 35
TL Big Shootas

Deffkopta Twu
Deffkopta; 35
TL Big Shootas

1249 Teef

----------------------------------------

Da Boss; Worturty Snagasog
Warboss; 135
Bike, Power Klaw, Cybork

Snagasog's Speed Addiktz
5 Nobz; 330
Bikes, Painboy, Grot Orderly, Cybork, Waaagh! Banner,
Power Klaw, Bosspole

Wazdakka Gutsmek
Ork Bikerboy: 180

Da Dakka Riderz

Skagslag's Lonelee Boyz
6 Warbikers; 190
Nob Skagslag PK, Bosspole

Grimgob's Lonelee Boyz
5 Warbikers; 165
Nob Grimgob PK, Bosspole
(wazdakka here)

1000 Teef

-------------------------------

Wazdakka Gutsmek

Da Boss Worturty Snagasog; 100
Slugga, Big Choppa, 'Eavy Armour, Cybork,
Attack Squig, Bosspole

Dead 'Ard Retnu
4 Meganobs; 205
Kombi Scorcha
in
Trukk, Ram
(da boss here)

Ogbad's Morkers
12 Boyz; 162
Nob Ogbad, PK, Bosspole
Trukk
Ram, Wreakin Ball

Da Dakka Riderz

Skagslag's Lonelee Boyz
6 Warbikers; 190
Nob Skagslag PK, Bosspole

Grimgob's Lonelee Boyz
5 Warbikers; 165
Nob Grimgob PK, Bosspole
(wazdakka here)

-----------------------------
Wazdakka Gutsmek

Gutsmek's 'Ard Bikerz
4 Nobz; 300
1 Painboy
1 Power Klaw, Waaagh! Banner
1 Power Klaw
1 Kombi- Scorcha

Skabteef's Speed Addiktz
6 Warbikers; 190
Nob, PK, Bosspole

Skagslag's Speed Addiktz
5 Warbikers; 165
Nob, PK, Bosspole

Grimgob's Speed Addiktz
5 Warbikers; 165
Nob, PK, Bosspole
------------------------------

My record with Orks since the new codex came out has been quite decent. The 1000 point lists are 7-3 and my 1250 list is 5-2. My earliest lists were not quite as good as I was learning the best way to approach Orks with the models I have. Notice that I have NO big mobs of boys and actually only two trukk mobs of boyz. I rely heavily on my Nob bikers and at 1500 points I use almost everything ...
« Last Edit: October 5, 2008, 12:35:41 PM by bebe »
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
Name- Da Count

VANGUARD Level- 1 (Geen Daemon 2008)

Awards and Trophies:
Da Green Daemon-

Army- Too ridiculously small to matter.

Right now, All I have is:

10 Grotz, no Slaver

20 Ork Boyz

1 Ork Mek with a flamer

And, of coarse....MUFFINS!!!

Pics:

Also, this summer I plan on making this army allot larger, so be expecting allot of updates.

Cheers!!!

~ Da Count
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:11:29 AM by The Count I »
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Butters

• Ork Boy
  • Ev'ryone knows, it's Butters!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »
ey boyz!!!

dis ere is waaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!! skragazag and dont you miserable grotz forget it!

im da great warlord skragazag! do ya runts no wat dat means? it means fast scarboy, and datz exactly what i am!!!

me boyz go where da pickin's are good, and when i mean good, i mean 50000 imperialz and other assorted gitz!

me waaagh iz ere, and itz going to krump more oomies dan any other waaaagh in da ooniverse!

da boyz:

skragazag, da biker boss.
da bosses hench orks, 3 biker nobz
a lot of boyz(cant bother counting them)
8 trukks
4 deffkoptas

sorry, my camera cant upload the pictures.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2008, 02:52:23 PM by orkyguy »
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

beewair of mi speling.

the below sentence is true.
the above sentence is a lie.

youngest 40k onliner and proud

Offline insanekaosx

• Grot
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »
'ello boyz, I'd be Kaos. Not a very Orky name, I know, but in my defense, I don't have much of a Waagh yet.

I'm a Blood Angels player, but I'm going to be starting on some Speed Freekz when I can manage, so, well, hello :)

Here's da waaagh I've got planned, goin' ta start workin on it as soon as I can.

-HQ-

Wazdakka Gutsmek - 180pts

-Elites-

Nob Bikers - 235pts
--4, all big choppas(one w/ waagh banner), all 'eavy armor

-Troops-

Boyz - 195pts
--12 'Ard Boyz, Nob w/ big choppa/bosspole, one big shoota
--Trukk, red paint job, stickbomb chukka, grot riggers

Boyz - 172pts
--12, Nob w/ bosspole/powerklaw, rokkit launcha
--Trukk, red paint job, stickbomb chukka, grot riggers

Bikers - 320pts
--12, nob w/ big choppa/bosspole

Bikers - 340pts
--12, nob with power klaw/bosspole

-Fast Attack-

Stormboyz - 273pts
--19, Nob w/ Power klaw, 'eavy armor, bosspole

-Heavy Support-

Looted Wagon (shooty) - 135pts
--Boomgun, big shoota, red paint job, grot riggers, armor plates.

I'm still thinkin' how I'm going to convert Wazdakka. The Looted Wagon, however, is going to be based on the Tau Hammerhead(complete with grots falling off the side, and a nearly burned out main gun), and one of my two trukks is goign to be based on a blasted-out rhino >:D (The other Trukk is just going to be a Trukk xP)

>What I've got - The contents of an aquired starter set, unbuilt as of yet.
-a couple'a bikers I picked up. << I put da boyz together while relaxin' on vacation. Here's some pictures

My first ork ever!

The whole lot from the box... all three of them!

Here's a look at all the pictures I took on this photoshoot :P I picked the clearer ones to show up there already, but hey
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:05:31 PM by insanekaosx »
-Lord Commander/Warboss Kaos

Offline M. Gobrot Esq.

• Grot
  • Waaaagh.
« Reply #17 on: July 2, 2008, 12:17:43 PM »
Gobrot here.

I have been playing 40k off and on since power gloves existed. My very first army was Orks led by the mighty warlord NapoleeOrk. I have been running various armies since that time.

At the end of this summer is a club tournament and I'll be running Orks again for that.

I will be starting a thread in the forum to keep track as I progress through assembling and painting my army over the next 6 weeks. When I get it finished I'll borrow someones camera and get pics of the army to put up here.

Update 07.20.2008

Well I had to face reality, gotta love that. I wont be running my Orks for the upcoming tournament. However, It does mean I get to do a proper job on my orks. So far I have the following.

Warboss (Ghaz Model)

30 Ork Boys: 20 SLugga Boyz with Nob and 2 Big Shootas Built. 10 unbuilt.

6 Bikerz: 1 Biker Nob Built. 5 Bikerz unbuilt.

5 Lootas: 5 Lootas Partially Built.

2 Trukkz: 1 Trukk built. 1 Trukk unbuilt. This kit was frickin amazing. It even had a radiator hose. OMG I was stoked to build this one.

4 Looted Wagons: 2 partially built and detailed. 2 Rhino chassis unbuilt.

1 Battle Wagon. 1 Land Raider chassis built but not modified.

1 Skullhammer BattleFortress. BaneBlade Chassis unbuilt.

1 Fighta Bomber: F4F-4 Wildcat chassis unbuilt. Unmodified.

I'll update the list as I go. :)

Gobrot

Gobrot Here

Back at Orks. I had a friend become interested in playing 40k so sold him my Ork collection last fall. Now starting over with the AoBR set. I am glad to see that the Battlewagon Kit is out that will be my next purchase that and some plastic Grotz. I luv me some grotz. I also love that the sets are now 22 dollars each, it makes it so much easier to pick up a squad.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2009, 11:47:08 AM by M. Gobrot Esq. »
You've been Grotted

Offline Heavy Head Hitta Orks

• Grot
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »
Hur hur, you lot think yer shiny fingz and gubbinz be scuring me? Whoz i be, you stupid grot! I be Big Mek 'Eavy 'Ead, and i be leading me ladz, da 'Eavy 'Ead 'Ittas, toz wheruvers i wunts!

Ok, just had to get that out of my system. Da name to you lots be 'Eavy 'Ead, or according to the damned forums Heavy Head. I lead my small, but one day to be large clan, the 'Eavy 'Ead 'Ittas. So far my army is comprised of (not too sure on boys, but after im done building is hould have around what im about to type)

Hqs:

Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun

Elites:

5x Kommands

Troops:

Approxmitly 65 Boyz (always sluggas for CC)

Fast Atck:

6x Warbikers

Heavy Support:

1x Looted Wagon with Boomgun and Grot riggers (still building it, i might of used too much glue as you can tell when looking at it but once its done being painted it shouldnt be too noticable)

Thats it i KNOW its small, but itll grow larger. My Fav unit is the Looted Wagon, for it lets me be creative. My Boomgun, though not large, is pretty orkish, too bad i cant get a camera to post it hehe. I normally use 40-50 (till my others r built) boyz per game, un upgraded. Though i did use 'ard boyz for a tourny, and beilive it or not it did well agasint new tau, new eldar, and someone playing nids and IG for over 10 years. With the boyz (for CC), i ALWAYS use big mek with shokk attack, only a 1/6 chance of screwing me over right? well, i got lucky one game, but at the tourny on my first roll for str i got double ones sadly....still its a great thing to have in my opion (btw if it isnt oboiuvs by now i only played 2-4 games with orks, 6-7 games total was eldar before). Warbikers, i thought were awsome but i started disliking them, maybe cause i tried using them for ranged combat hehe. Kommandos still need to try out, i also got a trukk that i got the base outline for but converited it a lot with the same parts that came with it, looks orkish i tells you ;) . Looted wagon still building, and thats about it. Will probably post a 500 pt army soon just to get opions for it. Well this be 'Eavy 'Ead and i be signing out.
Hur hur ladz, i be Big Mek 'Eavy 'Ead wit me 'Eavy 'Ead 'Ittaz, wit da Gubbinz boyz n da Trukk Ladz! Mo two com!

Offline Sucker_PF3

• Grot
  • "Operate! Operate! Still time to Operate!"
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »
I guess i better throw my self in with you lot.  :P

I guess my name on the boards is Sucker_PF3, but if you couldn't read it next to this post then i bet you can't read it here either  :P.

I am commanding a Hefty mob of boyz, that is only going to grow. My army is a simple Goff clan, and it was origionally molded to fight an Armeggeddon campiagn with my IG and SM buddies. It has since grown from a humble battle box (the old one) into what it is today. (like Ollie, i'll be painting until i get ot my grave, possibly in my grave as well, who knows?)

The Models:

-Ghazghkull, Grotsnik, Wazzdaka, two Warbosses (one with the squig and the one   with out it), Big Mek with boss pole (he is my KFF), and Big Mek w/ SAG, and a Weirdboy/warphead.
-4 trukks (one of em is the old wimpy looking one)
-8 bikers, 1 is a nob
-9 storm boyz, 1 is a nob
-1 buggy w/ TLBS (never use it any more)
-8 flash gitz
-10 Nobz
-1 painboy
-6 killa kanz
-2 deff dreadz
-8 lootas
-8 burnas (4 of em are old models)
-8 big shoota boys (4 of em are old)
-8 rocket boyz (4 are old)
-52 shoota boyz
-52 slugga boyz
-10 tankbustas w/ 2 nobz
-7 kommandos w/ burna and big shoota and nob
-4 mek boyz

I know the pictures are low quality, but they are old. (i took them several months ago back at school).
Not all my minis made it into these shots, and as you can see i have my work cut out for me in the painting depo.

(of coarse alot more are painted now than in these pictures).

w/ out upgrades it comes out to about 3700 points, if i start throwing in PK and the like the cost is well over 4k pts.

I will post a picture as soon as i get ahold of my camera, but most of the stuff is not painted yet, i just dont have enough time during the summer to model (damn you work!). I had a battle wagon, but i left it with a friend up in oklahoma, i will see if i can get it back from him when i head back up to school, it started as a looted land raider, then when the new codex came out, i orkified it even more (much to the dismay of my CSM and SM friend  ;D, i attacked it with pliers and a really big knife and cut the top off of it.) it looks really cool, but i am not sure if it is still around.  :'(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:26:59 AM by Sucker_PF3 »