News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Waagh! Rabtrek - 1850 point Ork list  (Read 503 times)

Offline Zomro

Waagh! Rabtrek - 1850 point Ork list
« on: March 5, 2008, 05:51:40 PM »
Wanted to toss up my preliminary Ork list for a little bit of C&C from some of you guys here.  After each unit I'll post why I chose it's options.  After the list is finished, I'll post some of my own thoughts on it on what I think some weaknesses might be.

HQ:

Boss Rabtrek - Warboss with big choppa, shoota / skorcha, 'eavy armour, cybork body, attack squig and bosspole - 105 pts

I know that people swear by the PK, and I'm one of them with PK toting nobz in the rest of the list.  However, I wanted to see how the new big choppa works with the boss' higher I value.  Only weakness of the big choppa is that armour saves can be taken, but he should have no trouble wounding, and can even drive the big chippa right into light vehicles.

Big Mek Dragbok - Big Mek with SAG and cybork body - 105 pts

What can I say?  I absolutely love the rules for the SAG.  Such a nasty weapon, and I can't help but laugh at the destructive potential.  Also, the size of the model's gun is completely insane, and I love it!

Elites:

10 Lootas - 150 pts

Another ludicrous unit.  I mean, if the Orks are anything they're excessive.  Deffguns just scream "DAKKA DAKKA!" and the Lootas provide some much needed fire support.  Major weakness of the Lootas is lower numbers and low saves.  And, from what I hear, Lootas tend to attract a lot of unwanted attention (which might save my other Boyz some trouble).

Troops:

*6 Nobz, one upgraded to painboy, 3 with PKs + sluggas, other two with big choppas and TL shootas, all with cybork bodies.  Mounted in a trukk with red paint, stikkbomb chukka and reinforced ram - 340 pts

This is the unit where Rabtrek is gonna be, and is also the reason why Rabtrek has the bosspole.  Nobz are just "dead 'ard", but with lower numbers, they're going to have to make Ld tests.  Though Rabtrek's Ld is pretty good, his bosspole is a little bit of added insurance.  My main goal is to have the nobz with shootas end up having shoota / skorchas but, at the moment, I only have the parts to make TL shootas.

*Note: I decided to take the Nobz as troops only because I like seeing a higher % in my Troops choice.*

11 sluggas and nob with PK and bosspole mounted on trukk with stikkbomb chukka and red paint - 157 pts

Part of a fast attack flanking force that's used to divert attention / tie up enemy units.  Bosspole included for potential Ld issues.

19 sluggas and nob with PK - 155 pts

This mob will be loaded into my battlewagon (see below).  A sizeable mob with a large transport just screams orky.

20 shootas with 2 big shootas - 130 pts

Foot slogging fire support.  I really like Shootas with the changes they made from 3rd edition, and as Orks they can still pack a punch in an assault.

Fast Attack

5 Warbikers and a nob with PK and bosspole - 190 pts

I like the new bikes, too.  Dakkaguns are cool and I absolutely love the models.  Bosspole taken for Ld issues, I believe Gutsikk (sp?) made reference to this in one of his posts about Ld issues for bikers.

2 Deffkoptas with TL rokkits - 90 points

First of two 2-man teams of Koptas.  Deffkoptas are just great, fantastic unit which has "speed freek" written all over it.  With TL weapons and a pretty sturdy stat line, and the ability to "hide" in CC makes them very nice harrassment units.  Only issue I see is Ld.  I'll make reference to these at the end of the post.

2 Deffkoptas with TL rokkits - 90 points

See above.

Heavy Support

Battlewagon with 4 big shootas, deff rolla, red paint, and armour plates - 145 pts

Big, nasty transport for my large slugga mob.  Battlewagons are awesome and that deff rolla is one of the orkiest things in the new Codex.

3 Kannon Battery with 3 extra krew and 3 ammo runts - 78 pts

With the change in gretchin BS, kannons appear to have some merit now.  Very versatile weapons (SM missile launcher in artillery form) which can be used for anti infantry (frag) or heavy infantry / MC killing / vehicle "krumpin'" (shell).  Took some extra krew for a tiny bit of "insurance", even though they're more than likely dead if anything even looks at them.  Ammo runts taken for the rerolls to hit.

Looted Wagon with boom gun and 'ard case - 115 pts

I figured that I needed another hard hitting weapon, and I love ordnance as an Ork.  Very loud and very killy, all orky.  Since it can't transport units with a boomgun, 'ard case provides a slight amount of protection.  Only downside to the looted wagon is low AV, but I think it'll serve a similar funciton to the Lootas.  Nasty firepower and some people might overreact to its presence.

My thoughts: So many choices in the new Ork codex.  And, to me, that's what makes a great codex, where you have to spend so much time deciding which unit to actually take.  I feel that I went a bit Morky on this list with lots of "teknology", but it definately has plenty of Gorky goodness (my battlewagon comes to mind).

The one thing I'm thinking of doing is changing my deffkoptas.  I was thinking of turning them into single kopta units and paying for the buzzsaws.  That would allow me a few more points to put into maybe more lootas, or something else.

Sorry for the long post, and any C&C is welcome!