News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Eldar Army.  (Read 228177 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
Re: Your Eldar Army.
« Reply #40 on: February 4, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »
Here is my newest Wraithlord.

Tons more to do but haven't had time to bring the minis home. (around 7,200+ pts now).

I only wish I could do pictures that really show the model as it looks in front of you....

Lazarus.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:00:22 PM by Lazarus »
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 09:02:24 PM »
Here is a few more of my models......

Lazarus.
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »
Here are some more miniatures:

I still can't take pictures worth a crap....

Lazarus.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:25:11 PM by Lazarus »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
I need to learn how to take pictures too. Here's what I've got for Craftworld Ryleina, at the moment [not counting unpainted stuff]:

Link to larger version:
http://flickr.com/photos/96588975@N00/2258741487/sizes/l/

Offline ALshroth

• Autoarch of Althan
    • My WIP website
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 01:21:03 AM »
First of (what I hope are) my finished wave serpents.

When the Biel-tan fled there home worlds they left behind many living people on many worlds, however unknown to them a world survived unharmed and unchanged there name was forever changed to Althan.
My Home - www.ajb2k3.co.uk 2008.

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 08:08:33 PM »
Thanks, I'll be adding some more up tonight after dinner.....

Lazarus.

Edit: Here they are -

The harlequins are a few of the memebers from the unit that won the Silver at Baltimore...

Lazarus.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:28:27 PM by Lazarus »

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 06:35:13 PM »
I wasn't going to post my army as I didn't paint it myself. But seeing as Laz is doing it... ;)

I also have a Jetbike Autarch, Dire Avengers, Wraithguard and loot counters painted by by painter so far.
I have some batteries for my camera so will take pics of them tomorrow I think.

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 09:01:36 PM »

Posted by: Lorizael

I wasn't going to post my army as I didn't paint it myself. But seeing as Laz is doing it...

Nothing wrong with that.  ;)

Here is some more of my stuff. Still having problems getting the camera to do what I want. The miniatures look so much better in front of you - it's sort of depressing considering what I spent of these cameras...lol

Perhaps eventually I'll get it right....

Lazarus.

Offline RulesLawyer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 11:48:52 PM »
Here are pictures of my recent tournament army

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Ruleslawyer/

Ruleslawyer

Offline Lazarus

• Ancient
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 09:30:40 PM »
Posted by: GoofyCommy

I'm really surprised that you don't already have all these pictures up on a website somewhere.

Maybe after I finally learn how to take good pictures w/ my cameras...I just did a bunch more tonight and no matter how many times I re-took them they came out crappy & dark. They simply do not do the miniatures justice at all. I'm tired so I'm not going to bother anymore tonight. Enjoy what you can see of them...lol

How many of each squad do you have to make up 6,000 points?

Jeez, I'll have to post on that later. Alot of typing I'm not in the mood for at the moment..lol

Does Scott have a website with more of his works?

Not that I know of but it is possible. I won't see him for 2 weeks but I'll ask him then...

Posted by: Andromidius

Some might disagree.  But it's not because we're bitter about not being able to afford our own personal painters.  No, not at all.

You can afford it if you want to. I put in 60 hour weeks for a reason. (lol)

Lazarus.

Offline Glyn

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 02:52:37 PM »
hi all

it's been a while since i've worked on my Eldar or had a chance to post up here or anywhere for that matter.

here's a pic of my now finished Rangers...not bad i only started them in the begining of January but things happen and things goes haywire sometimes.  More to follow

onto answering some early questions....painti ng experience not a lot most of what i've done i've done with my mate standing over my shoulder giving me directions, and some help from the local store guys.

some of the models on here now are so good it's unreal, i'd give my arm to be able to paint that well well not literally but you know what i mean.

regards
Glyn

Offline Rumbaar

• Rumbaar.net
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 08:15:32 PM »
Well I'm an 'old school' gamer, so don't have many of the modern mini's.  I like some of the newer models, the war walkers are much better than the old ones.

http://www.rumbaar.net/images/wh40k/avatar.jpg
http://www.rumbaar.net/images/wh40k/feugan.jpg
http://www.rumbaar.net/images/wh40k/jan_zar.jpg
http://www.rumbaar.net/images/wh40k/banshee.jpg
http://www.rumbaar.net/images/wh40k/reapers.jpg
http://www.rumbaar.net/images/wh40k/swooping.jpg

Though I don't really play anymore :(

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 08:43:25 AM »
Not the greatest pics in the world; good camera but bad areas to photograph in.

Wraithguard;

Objective markers;

Dire Avengers;

Autarch;

Offline FarseerPhil

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #54 on: March 7, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
Here is a Shot of my Siam Hann Fleet,

It is in the works. I will update as it paints itself.
totalling about 7k on flying bases.

Offline xendofanerax

• I told u to get those cookies out of your pocket!!
« Reply #55 on: March 9, 2008, 05:57:30 AM »
Posted by: ALshroth

They were all converted / sculpted from guardians & dire avenger bits as I thought it would be silly to wear robes on a jet bike not to mention suicidal lol. If you've ever seen the commercial where the guy wrecks his convertible becasue the scarf blew into his face you'll see what I'm getting at.

Lazarus.

Or off the incredibles, his cape could get sucked into the engine

Here is a Shot of my Siam Hann Fleet,

It is in the works. I will update as it paints itself.
totalling about 7k on flying bases.

(Image removed from quote.)

I just have to comment on it but love the lone footslogging avatar dude.

Offline Scyrex Deledras

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
Although I still have only a small collection of Eldar stuff...here's some of my models.

Wraithguard (Note: The Spiritseer wasn't painted by me)

Wraithlord

Offline Ferox

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2008, 07:45:01 PM »
I'm not much of a painter.. I just want to play the game, so I don't put too much time and effort into it.

The thing is, it really does enhance the gaming experience when your army is painted up.  It doesn't have to be showpiece quality, but putting some basic color on the figures really makes them look more interesting.

yeah thats definitly true I'll agree.  Theres a difference between " basic color" and the pictures I see on this board though :P.

heres a picture of my current army

http://spectomundus.com/warhammer/xtra5.JPG

since i'm Ulthwe it makes it easy with the black.. plus I love black heh. I had the idea of having three seperate squads of Guardians, with a name and traditions etc.  So I have a Red , Gold, and Orange squad.

I recently bought the harlequins and i'm really TRYING to learn more about painting to do it better.. This picture is what I am working on now, not finished painting every spot.. but in terms of quality thats as good as it gets. Btw I saw someone on here say that they use red for a base coat so I tried that with the harliquins.

http://spectomundus.com/warhammer/harliq.JPG

My original point though was that I want to play more then I paint.. atm its the other way rofl.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:50:09 PM by Ferox »
Farseer Ferox of the Ulthwe Craftworld, former student of Eldrad Ulthran.( and no hes not "counts as" Eldrad... thats stupid as hell)

Offline Kiarstill

• The Forgotten Heroes
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2008, 02:42:46 AM »
Well, I'm currently in the middle of repainting my entire Eldar army (and there's a lot of it). I definatly don't consider myself an amazing painter by any stretch of the imagination, but for your viewing pleasure I took some pictures of my army.
These are the models that are in the new sceme, so no one in the old ugly yellow ;). Some of them aren't totally done yet, but for the most part the models I took pictures of are very close to completion.

I know flash sucks, but my camera throws temper tantrums when it's turned off, I'd rather not deal with its crying.

Offline frankiefingers77

• For a few seconds, this place was armageddon.
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2008, 03:13:00 AM »
Well, I don't have my whole army painted yet.   I'm repainting my army that survived from when I was a kid and adding a lot of newer models.  I do however have a few closeups of some of my recent work.