News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Point Ulthwe Mech & Monstrous  (Read 830 times)

Offline Bannok

• Following our Path is what leads us to Victory.
  • Armies: Eldar
1500 Point Ulthwe Mech & Monstrous
« on: December 25, 2012, 01:44:50 AM »
Hey Guys,

After some advice and thoughts on this army the points were really a squeeze to get everything I wanted in. I didn't get to give everyone the weapons I wanted but that's okay :)

Well here's the list;

Eldar 1500 (Wraith)

HQ: 410
Farseer - Ruins of Warding - Guide - Fortune - Spirit Stones -Singing Spear - Ruins of Witnessing - 153
Seer Council - Singing Spear x4 - Enhance - 127
Wave Serpent - Eldar Missile Launcher - Shuriken Cannon - 130

Troops: 765
Guardians - Warlock - Embolden - Scatter Laser - 130
Wave Serpent - Scatter Laser - Shuriken Cannon - 125

Storm Guardians - Warlock - Singing Spear - Enhance - Fusion Gun x2 - 135

Heavy Support: 335
Wraithlord - Wraithsword - Shuriken Cannon - Flamer x2 - 110

Fire Prism - 115

I think I might of tallied up the points wrong could someone double check if they could do that it'd be great. I of course wanted Eldrad and a full on seer council just because I've found that mind war is amazing now. It's a bit luck based sometimes with LD10 characters but killing mephiston in one psychic test was amazing and using it to pick out sergeants etc really makes all the distance if I plan to assault.

Alas I lack the points. I should have good psyker coverage for wraithsight.

Well please tell me your thoughts :)

Thanks!
If a Farseer can truly predict their varied deaths. Would they not simply pick the one that appeals to them the most?

Offline Atnas

• BANNED: Copyright rules do not apply to me, and eventually that catches up!
Re: 1500 Point Ulthwe Mech & Monstrous
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 06:33:04 AM »
It looks neat! :) Lots of durable Wave Serpents, Wraithlords and Fire prism all means your opponent will have a tough time focusing properly. I assume that the Fire Prism will be close to the Wave Serpent with the Farseer in? Otherwise there's not many other things that you can make it worthwhile to Guide, seeing as how the Wave Serpents are twin-linked and the Wraithlords barely do any shooting :) Otherwise I might look into skipping guide + spirit stones and buy Destructor for your remaining Warlocks, making it a unit capable of both anti-tank and anti-infantry!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »
You don't need Eldrad.  He's overrated by too many Eldar players in my opinion, and is only of really significant help when you absolutely need double Fortune to make your list work.

I'm with Atnas about diversifying the Warlock squad.  You need to give them a shooting role for the turn in which they disembark from their transport, otherwise they are sitting ducks.  As a result, I would definitely suggest that you find the points for around three Destructor powers.  You could drop the Runes of Witnessing to find some points, and you could also consider removing Guide and Spirit Stones if absolutely necessary, since it's only really the Storm Guardian squad which truly benefits from Guide in this army.

Regarding the placement of the EMLs, I recommend that you switch these to the Wave Serpents transporting the Defender Guardians, since these don't have to get as close to the opposition to allow their units to disembark within range to open fire with at least one weapon.  As a result, they are more likely to be the second wave, rather than the first wave, so a longer ranged weapon is more useful.

By the way, I know that Eldar Runes ruin the opposition's plan, but there's no need to let him/her know that in advance through the spelling ;).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Bannok

• Following our Path is what leads us to Victory.
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
Here's the change 5 points left using embolden instead of RoWi to make sure spells go off because of fortune doesn't go off... Dead warlocks. I wanted to have a mind war & fortune seer.

Anyway you guys can see the points?

Drop warlocks from guardians or anything? Then put two more guardians in those squads each?

Here's the list;

Eldar 1500 (Wraith)

HQ: 380
Farseer - Fortune - Singing Spear - Ruins of Warding - 103
Seer Council - Singing Spear x4 - Enhance - Destructor x2- Embolden - 152

Troops: 780

Storm Guardians - Warlock - Singing Spear - Enhance - Fusion Gun x2 - 135

Heavy Support: 335

Fire Prism - 115

I was going to use the seer council as an anti-tank squad having better weapons then fire dragons with armourbane S9 (not listing weapons here :P) and guide was so they are pretty guaranteed to hit with everything. Then having mind war for when they get into close combat to pick off enemy sergeants while casting fortune :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:44:23 PM by Bannok »
If a Farseer can truly predict their varied deaths. Would they not simply pick the one that appeals to them the most?

Offline Atnas

• BANNED: Copyright rules do not apply to me, and eventually that catches up!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 02:51:06 PM »
A Singing Spear does not have armourbane! It has rules which you can read about in the Eldar codex, but it's not a Witchblade.

I don't think Mind War will help you much :) It's a cool power, but most of the time you'll be in a vehicle and then you can't use it because it's used in the shooting phase instead of firing a weapon, and you can't fire out of Wave Serpents. You can't use it if you're throwing singing spears either! It's also rather unreliable and random.  Cool, but random.

[mod]Please don't write out the rules for weapons, it breaks the forum rules on copyright. Post edited accordingly - Iris.[/mod]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:01:42 PM by Irisado »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 06:55:43 AM »
In view of the type of list you want to build, and the unit composition preferences we've discussed in your previous thread, I don't think that there's much more tinkering you can do with this list.  As a result, I think that your best bet is to now use it across a number of games without changes, and then report back to us about how well it's working.

Good luck :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente