News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Still Lookin' 4 dem Dinos.. List.  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Turork

• Lookin' 4 Dem Dinos..
Still Lookin' 4 dem Dinos.. List.
« on: January 4, 2014, 11:37:02 PM »
Fluffwise my guys aren't snakebite.. even though I do love the feral Orks and all.  Part of me just wants a feral ork to be so damn feral he has no concept of being a 'feral ork'

Fluffwise for my guys I like the idea of them having engines n all that.. the hunt/capture Dinos like on some kind of Orky 40K safari/Jurasic Park 2 kind of thing..

I have 2 battle wagons in my list down here.  They could possibly be Steggadons and the Ogre Kingdoms Mammoth thing.  What do you think?  Any good ideas for a 'counts as' Dino Battle wagon from GW?

The List is Designed to utilise The Speed of Different Units. 

HQ
Big Mek, KFF, 'Eavy Armour 90

'Fast Units' 

12 shoota Boyz, Big Shoota, Nob, PK, ‘eavy armour,Boss Pole
-Trukk,Ram

12 shoota Boyz, Big Shoota, Nob, PK, ‘eavy armour,Boss Pole
-Trukk,Ram

6 WarBikes Nob, PK, Boss Pole

'Medium'
12 Burnaboyz 180
- Battle Wagon, Deff Rolla, 2Bigshoota 120

20 'Ard Boyz Slugga Choppa Nob, PK, Boss Pole 240
- Battle Wagon, Deff Rolla, 2Bigshoota 120

'Slow'

30 Shoota Boyz, 3Big Shoota, Nob, PK, 'Eavy Armour, Boss Pole 240

Deff Dread, 2Schorcha, Armour Plates, Grot Riggers 100

3 Killa Kanz, GrotZookas 135

1744 In all. 

Maybe Looking to have it as a 1750 List and extend it out to 2000 when the time comes.

What do you think?  THe afferent waves of boyz will work or is it too general?
"and while it is possible to engage them in CC, as Orks we should try and give them a wide birth."   Jesus bring on that new book! Strike first on the charge would be nice! :P

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Still Lookin' 4 dem Dinos.. List.
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2014, 06:42:44 PM »
Orks can hit in waves just fine.  The list looks pretty solid.  I like using lootas for some ranged support and might swap the bikers for some rokkit deff koptas to give myself a little help with armor but once the boyz hit they will make an impact and you have enough target saturation to take a bit of a beating without having to worry. 

On the ard boyz wagon i might drop a big shoota from the wagon and take some of your left over points and put two big shootas in the squad.   Vehicles can't over watch but passengers can should your wagons get assaulted.  Just something to think about.

Offline Turork

• Lookin' 4 Dem Dinos..
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2014, 09:55:19 PM »
Ahh nice tip with the 'ard boyz big shootas there thanks! 

I just love the Idea of 20 orks hitting enemy lines at a more guaranteed strength rather than a random number getting gunned down on the way in.  'Ard boyz seem to be somewhat out of favour at the moment but I thought putting the extra armour on a transported CC unit would be worth it because saving throws seem to count for much more in combat.  Is this points well spent or a bit of a waste?

I would definitely like some nobz in there somewhere!  Would it be worth dropping some of the walkers? Maybe the kanz?  It might be best to keep vehicles likely to explode away from my boyz and go more battle wagon spam? 

Cheers for the reply :)
"and while it is possible to engage them in CC, as Orks we should try and give them a wide birth."   Jesus bring on that new book! Strike first on the charge would be nice! :P

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2014, 07:41:07 PM »
A rolling thunder (in your case a stomping thunder) list is still a viable list for todays meta of mechanized armies. In an ork army you can have a lot.

Two warbosses to make two units of nobs scoring, and both have a dedicated BW transport.
Three more units of nobs with dedicated BW transports.
Three heavy support BWs to carry the boys.

Eight BWs is a lot of armor 14 death rolling noise on the battle field. Of course your nobs units have to minimum size to fit that many BWs into your list. So eight charging stegadons with essentially four wounds (hull points) stomping across the board would intimidate even the cheesiest of opponents.

Proxy a game once, and see how it goes for you. Then convert like mad once you are hooked.

My two teef
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak