News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Deep-kin: Fuethan Conclave 2000 PTS  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Deep-kin: Fuethan Conclave 2000 PTS
« on: April 23, 2018, 07:01:43 AM »
Hey guys, would that happen to be any future Idoneth players out there (Looking at you Killersquid ;D)? So I have a list that I am contemplating, the first one is likely to become my first Age of Sigmar force.

So without further ado, I'll post the list and go into my thoughts below them.

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan
Leaders
Vulturnos, High King of the Deep
- General
Isharann Soulscryer
- Artefact : Black Pearl
Units
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard
3 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard
30 x Namarti Thralls
30 x Namarti Thralls
Total: 2000 / 2000

So, the Fuethan Conclave is the one that I think might be best for Akhelian-heavy armies. Especially if you're only planning on using a old-fashioned, regular Akhelian King as your general. That being said, I don't see why you would ever use just a regular king as your general when Vulturnos is basically a super-buff Akhelian King in his own right.

Vulturnos has all of the same abilities as the regular King, but each of them are amplified and simply more effective. I think I'd only take a regular king as just another backup buff-bubble. The High King of the Deep also takes Fuethan's ability to re-roll hit rolls of 1 during Flood Tide (Which also replaces Ebb-Tide in their rules) and makes that ability constant, which in turn makes that entire ability kind of redundant until he dies.

So the main reason I chose the Fuethan Conclave is because of their wound for the Fangmora Eels melee bite for the Ishlaen Guard and Morrsarr Guard. With the Allopex Riders kind of leaving me too disappointed (Too expensive for what they do, you get one shark for the price of three Ishlaen Guard) and the Leviadon being more useful, but again really expensive points-wise (Two Morrsar or Ishlaen Guard units for less, which one is more effective?), I decided just to focus on our Eel-riding Akhelian Princes for the core of the list. Just saying, the Fangmora bite is only one attack, but does variable damage with each hit, if I remember correctly. For this list, that is a lot of potential damage.

Ishlaen Guard are powerful tanks. Morrsar Guard are the heavy hitters, potentially. Vulturous' command ability enhances all of this still further.

Have your Ishlaen Guard screen and lead the charge and soak up damage. Hit your Morrsar Guard with Vulturos' command ability and have them make the charge, then you're talking an awful lot of potential damage (Not sure if the ability applies to mounts?) and that's potentially 27 wounds for each Morrsar squad!

This list has no magic, but it does have a Soulscryer that I took for his abilities. Keeping that in mind, I decided to bring two maxed out units of 30 Namarti Thralls (Which seem really good all around to be honest). The plan with these guys is to descend behind the enemy lines or at least out-flank my foe from an unexpected quarter while the Akhelians smash them with the strength of the tide from the front.

I have to make some sacrifices for the list, and most of that sacrifice is in the ability to bring characters that can buff leadership and cover saves for the Namarti, but then again they cannot teleport with the Soulscryer anyway, since he can only bring two units with him.

Also, no room for an Eidolon of Mathlann  :-\, but I suppose I'll save him for another list someday.

Rules descriptions and stats removed or reworded in accordance with forum rule 1 - Iris.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:53:12 AM by Irisado »
JohnMaloneBooks website - A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition - Updated Chapter Excerpt!

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Deep-kin: Fuethan Conclave 2000 PTS
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 09:50:31 PM »
Created another list that features an All-Akhelian Calvary force, with the exception of the Eidolon of Mathlann that will support them. Fuethan Conclave once more because I really like their rules! I believe the black pearl offers a more reliable save either improving his current one or giving him some protection against mortal wounds. Have to double-check that :P. Decided that I wanted a list that was more mobile and bit more varies than the last one. So I dropped the slow Namarti Thralls and add in some Akhelian Allopexes into the force.

I'm still not sure on Allopexes, but you know, I should probably experiment with them before I cast judgement, or so I now realize. So that's what I'm going to do! Plus, I really want to try to paint some of these killer sharks ;D!

- Enclave: Fuethan

LEADERS
Vulturnos, High King of the Deep (280)
- General

Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Storm (400)
- Artefact : Black Pearl

UNITS
3 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard: Musician, Standard Bearer, Lochian Prince

3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: Musician, Standard Bearer, Lochian Prince

1 x Akhelian Allopexes: Retarius Net Launcher

2000/2000
JohnMaloneBooks website - A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition - Updated Chapter Excerpt!

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!