News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Oomies Enslaved  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Oomies Enslaved
« on: May 15, 2008, 02:54:51 PM »
So hey, in the fluff, it explains that the Orks often take slaves - especially when the slaves are useful, ie, workers in a Manufactorium.  There are some amazing gaming possibilities for this.  One idea would be to substitute human models for Grots and then get 3 Runtherds in there to keep 'em in line!

This would change the perception of Orks in a hurry from battle-crazed Gitz to Overlords that any enemy would be forced to respect... or else...
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Dr. Ravingburger

• Ork Boy | No stranger to love.
Re: Oomies Enslaved
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:30:15 PM »
Nah, you needz ta git you some pointy ears. Dey'ze would make great grotz for the boyz to kill.

Offline ozzfann0666

• Death is Overrated. Chaos is not.
    • My Dice Suck
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:14:54 PM »
Don't forget about enslaving Tau. everybody wants to enslave tau! I know I do.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:44:13 AM »
Wow, if only I had room in my sig to quote that! You will, however, be the justification for my buying some tau grots, if I ever decide to do this.

Also, it makes the idea of fielding a unit of them much more appealing.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:38:29 AM »
Nah, you needz ta git you some pointy ears. Dey'ze would make great grotz for the boyz to kill.

Well...
The only Eldar that Orks would encounter would be aspect warriors, who would find some way of either killing themselves or escaping.  Or if a Dark Eldar raiding party attacked an Imperial world that the Orks have taken over.  But then the enslaved Dark Eldar would die from not eating a 1000 souls a day.

Well I do suppose the Orks could get lucky enough to occupy one of the Maiden Worlds of the Eldar, but then again you do have the Biel Tan Craftworld constantly trying to defend the Maiden Worlds and blow up Ork spacecraft before they land on occupied territory.  But then again Orks do get lucky a lot of the time, just talk to my SAG mek.

Ork enslaving humans, yeah I can see that, I love that.  Orks enslaving Kroot, well in the fluff didn't they until the Kroot rebelled?  Orks enslaving Tau, well only if your Ork army is based in the Eastern Fringe, but yeah I can see that without any problem.

What about Orks enslaving Nidz or other strange beasts like the Clawed Fiend of the Donobian Sector or the Hrud which were only shown in a small pic of the 3rd Edition dex.

Even better if you can get your hands on some squats!  They'd make the perfect Ork slaves, they're already as small as the grots.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 10:29:45 AM »
I wonder if Orks would enslave Kroot.  I could see it.  Enslaved Kroot would likely fight alongside the Orks, though, probably using the rules for Kroot Mercs.  I could see them taking on Ork Traits eventually.

What would Orks do with their slaves, really?  You know it would all be combat-related.  The weakest would become screens for the Boyz, the stronger would be allowed to fight, the smarter would probably be allowed to make weapons.  But if a slave was ever to outlive his usefulness, well, I doubt the Orks would keep him around for long - even a Grot is more than a match for an average Oomie!
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN