News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Battle Force an effective place to begin?  (Read 930 times)

Offline 2quiet

• Infinity Circuit
  • BOOOOOOOOM...."yes, that red button..."
Battle Force an effective place to begin?
« on: July 17, 2005, 08:05:19 PM »
I know you will need to get a H.Q. but apart from that, is all the stuff in the Tau Battleforce useful and recomended in lists? Pretty much Im asking if you can base an army off the Battleforce and make it effective or not. Thanks
Some of my favorites:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day- Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I lay in bed last night looking up at the stars in the sky, and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose

If ther's something you can deffinetely rely on it's gotta be- oh, theres not

Offline laucian_meliamne

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Don't Panic; It's Open-Source!
    • The Place Where I Put Stuff Online
Re: Battle Force an effective place to begin?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 08:41:55 PM »
Yes, you can base an effective force off of the Battleforce box.  There are a few units in there that may not be to everyone's liking (Kroot, Drones, etc...), but overall it is a fairly effective way of getting the basics down for a Tau army.

Offline ColonelLindsay

• Praise be to the God-Emperor
    • The Battle for Thralanx
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 03:20:07 AM »
as soon as i get my really big paycheck i'm getting it....and another box of firewarriors to supplement it. it's over $50 (28 uk)in savings. to me thats probably one of the best out there.
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/thralanx
"GW store managers aren't known to be reliable sources..." - Irandura
Hey, I'm finally a Full Member again!!!
"The only good use of pride is swallowing it." - mrspungebob
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline Lanfeix

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 07:38:54 AM »
its good for noobs. You cant play tau mech with it but it still has good units in it

If YOU want to take part in the 40konline Tournament then just click on this banner

Offline The Orange

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 03:10:10 AM »
Its deffinately a good start.  The FWs and Suits are always usefull, while the kroot and drones add versitility to the list.  In the end you may drop the kroot and drones due to personal preference,but you might never leave home without them either.  FWs and Suits on the other hand are just the basics of any Tau army.

Offline Lanfeix

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 05:47:43 AM »
plus you need drones to play kill team so they do have a use

If YOU want to take part in the 40konline Tournament then just click on this banner

Offline LoneDragon

• There is no spoon.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 05:47:18 PM »
It's good if you want to use Kroot.  I wouldn't worry about the drones.  You can't really  build a Tau army and avoid getting drones.  You get 2 with every box                of Fire Warriors and 1 with every Crisis suit...

~Yub yub, Commander!
She better have an antidote for face-stabbin'! 'Cause oooh, her face is SO stabbed when we get back!

They're not kids. They're midgets! Filthy drug-peddling midgets!

Peter: Oh my god, Brian! Theres a message in my alpha-bits! It says:"oooooo"
Brian: Peter, those are cheerios.

When are the pancakes coming in the mail?

Just say NO to burst cannons on Crisis suits!

Offline iDay

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 12:33:50 AM »
It's good if you want to use Kroot.  I wouldn't worry about the drones.  You can't really  build a Tau army and avoid getting drones.  You get 2 with every box                of Fire Warriors and 1 with every Crisis suit...

~Yub yub, Commander!

actually you get two drones with every crisis battlesuit, unless i got an extra one ???

The battleforce is a very nice start(or expansion) to any tau army. Effectively, you can get your HQ choice, 2 elites, 3 troops and 2 fast attack. Admittedly those squads won't be performing at optimal strength, but with one battleforce you fill up 8 force organisation slots. The battle force also comes with a lot of the units that make up a core Tau force, for a large decrease in cost.

Offline Pi'Cov

• just me
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 06:14:46 AM »
The battle force also comes with a lot of the units that make up a core Tau force, for a large decrease in cost.

As said you will probably need the three crisis suits and the fire warriors. I calculated with the prices in the shop, that if you buy the battleforce box, you get two drones, ten kroot and a set of tree's for les than 5 dollars. (If you take the 3 times the  price for a crisis suit box and one firewarrior box). Thus, if I were you, I would buy such a box: a very good start.

Offline Pvt. Dancer

• Dropped at the first sign of trouble
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 06:53:35 AM »
Yeah, it has HQ, Elite, Fast Attack and 2 Troops

I even got 11 gun drones instead of 10, how about that8)