News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your IG Army  (Read 928541 times)

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
Re: Your IG Army
« Reply #20 on: May 8, 2006, 06:55:58 AM »
Yes, I like the Orange/Grey scheme. Never seen it before. You always see cadians in greys or greens. I like to see original schemes for units. And you detial very well. Also, under wednesday it says "sit up" heheh. Made me laugh is all.

Ill post my army tonight, gona lay them in my family room and maybe shoot a pic of my titan. Warhound.
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #21 on: May 8, 2006, 11:07:19 AM »
You always see cadians in greys or greens.

You had to say my colour scheme!  ;)  :D lol ONLY JOKING! its very true, and that orange/grey scheme is pretty dang nice ghost! 8) and valhalla im lookin forward to that warhound! your "snow wolves" are great! havent seen your whole army before though!             regards,Nutcase 8)
The plan? It's pure Black Label. It's about violence and booze. That's all it is. There is no plan.
Zakk Wylde

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Our Little Red Friend - Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2006, 12:00:06 PM »
Conversion of the day;

I am getting bored with the standard 'Eat Plasma balls, you power armored scums!' Cadian Plasma Gunner's standard pose, so, inspired by Pax' 76th Thracian (Yes, Pax, YOUR vet! ;)) I decided to convert a little headswap.

It turns out pretty nice. The well sculpted pose (better than the standard plasma cadian pose) and natural 'thinking/scouting' pose made it appealing to me. I think the next Female Plasma gunner I would convert would use this body.

And behold, my old IG tank + command;

I tried to use Hardee hats instead of Kepi caps last time and I am still horribly bad at sculpting (only getting a lil better recently) and the Hardee Hats often ended up looking like Fedoras or top hats!  ::)
Signature Pending Update :P

Offline evilmonkey

• Guard 4 teh win
« Reply #23 on: May 8, 2006, 12:39:07 PM »
My army. Themed around steellegion/minervan troops fighting in an arctic warzone. Fluff is being made as we speak. I havent managed to post all my stuff but a fair bit of it. Ive got more leman russes,chimeras,landing craft and men.

« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 12:46:22 PM by evilmonkey »

Offline Red Avenger

• The Red Menace
« Reply #24 on: May 8, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »
Where do you find the time to paint all that models? I'm still struggling with my Swooping Hawks and Scorpions that I bought a year ago.

Offline evilmonkey

• Guard 4 teh win
« Reply #25 on: May 8, 2006, 01:02:47 PM »
Im afraid with guard troops you have to think of it as a production line. For me I paint all the white on a squad then all the green, then black etc... After its all finished I touch up the mistakes. It gets boring but means I can do a squad in an evening.

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
« Reply #26 on: May 8, 2006, 01:03:02 PM »
I'll try to get some better pics.  I went a little different route for mine to give it a unique look.  Think I did.

Basilisk using a Warp Lightning Cannon.  Extended the Barrel with tubing.

Sentinel.  

Rats under construction

Heavy Weapons Teams

I also painted up a Squad of Rat Ogres to use as Ogryn and a Squad of Ratlings to use as, well Ratling Snipers.
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #27 on: May 8, 2006, 02:33:19 PM »
My army. Themed around steellegion/minervan troops fighting in an arctic warzone. Fluff is being made as we speak. I havent managed to post all my stuff but a fair bit of it. Ive got more leman russes,chimeras,landing craft and men.

Wow! That's an awesome army evilmonkey! I like the artic theme, and the baneblade looks real cool too!
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #28 on: May 8, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »
Nice paint scheme Monkey! and nice to see more rat men! Huzza!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2006, 04:27:58 PM »
Nice paint scheme Monkey! and nice to see more rat men! Huzza!

It started as a joke.  I entered an RTT with my Wych Cult and destroyed an IG army in 3 turns.  The guy was so mad he started to leave but after the organizer talked him into staying he just moped around the rest of the day complaining about my DE.  I originally intended to build just one squad and give them to him.  After they were built I stepped back and thought this would be a pretty cool idea to field an entire army of them.  As I looked at the Skaven line, the minis transitioned over to IG quite nicely.   
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Major Krämer

• Major
  • Kill the Xenos, purge the Xenos, burn the Xenos!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 8, 2006, 04:41:28 PM »
Evilmonkey, your arctic theme army is very well done, great colours achieved,as white isn't one of the msot easy colour s to paint. You've done a brilliant job,and the Baneblades dozer blade is top-notch.

Leonidas, your mustard colour tank is alos top-notch, I immediatly recalled Narmenian Tanks when I saw yours...

And finally Ollieb and Killersquid, those ratmen do rock! I play skaven in Fantasy battles so it makes my little rat heart happy to see all those clanrats sneaking around with lasguns...
Oberst Krämer, commander-in-chief of the XIIº Regiment
of the DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG, also known as the black shadows

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
« Reply #31 on: May 8, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »
I dont mind a rat-xeno as long as it takes orders from the human Higher-ups, thats you ;) . HEHE.

I like the Snow themed Steel Legion. Nice touch. Something about snow and snowy units. Warms my heart ironically.

Also loving those boonie hats, Leonidas.

I am going to lay my units on the floor and take a picture now.
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline imperial_american

• ...."I will show you terror in a handful of dust..
« Reply #32 on: May 8, 2006, 05:41:19 PM »
Wow evilmonkey, that looks great. And Leonidas, I really like those field cap conversions. Did u make those with greenstuff or cut them off other mini's or what?
I'm going back in time to blow up the future.<br /><br />Hail skroob!<br /><br />Click here http://www.laststory.com/Quick%20Facts%20about%20the%20War.htm

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #33 on: May 8, 2006, 06:29:06 PM »
Proud owner of the Imperial Black Legion. :'(

Hard to make out some of the stuff but it's all there. 3 Platoons of 2, 25 Stormies, 30 vets, 2 special weapon squads, 5 Chims...

Poor man's Ogryns  ;)
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 06:33:29 PM by Sputnik »
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Mrgame

« Reply #34 on: May 8, 2006, 06:38:25 PM »
:D Cant see but I can make most of it out,looks like some sentinels in there,no?Nice Poor man orgryns :P

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #35 on: May 8, 2006, 07:32:23 PM »
I like the Snow themed Steel Legion. Nice touch. Something about snow and snowy units. Warms my heart ironically.

Warm....More like Ice Cold...Like your homeworld Amigo! Heh Heh Heh!  ;D

Sputnik that's a great army! You need to take some close ups....
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #36 on: May 8, 2006, 08:14:25 PM »
NIce conversions and paintjobs all-around!

I like the off-beat orange scheme, and the snowtroopers, especially the tanks. Skaven IG, very nicely done!

Now for my guys, 14th Sido, made from Empire militia, and some scratchbuilt Earthshakers, soz for the bad quality, I'll make some better ones this weekend...

« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 08:16:21 PM by Unspeakably Violent Rictiovarus »
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline DeathMerchant

• "But what if he toasts himself?" "There's more."
« Reply #37 on: May 8, 2006, 10:05:17 PM »
Pax, you are a god amongst men.

All the conversions and painted models are awesome.

Damnit, all of you completely rule. I need to go paint more guardsmen.

Offline Mud Man!

• Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out
« Reply #38 on: May 8, 2006, 10:25:42 PM »
It started as a joke.  I entered an RTT with my Wych Cult and destroyed an IG army in 3 turns.  The guy was so mad he started to leave but after the organizer talked him into staying he just moped around the rest of the day complaining about my DE.  I originally intended to build just one squad and give them to him.  After they were built I stepped back and thought this would be a pretty cool idea to field an entire army of them.  As I looked at the Skaven line, the minis transitioned over to IG quite nicely.   

Sounds like a real jerk.

Nice snow Steel Legion army, btw!
Lighten up while you still can,
Don't even try to understand,
Just find a place to make your stand,
And take it easy

"Why should I trade 1 tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants 1 mile away?" -Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about Austrian economics or Anarcho-Capitalism as a political

Offline schnookems

• Puting the laughter back into slaughter.
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2006, 12:51:12 AM »
Ghosty, love the colour scheme :)

I also like the snowy steel leigon, nice twist  :D

And Pax.... I LOATHE YOU!!! But its loathing born of complete and utter jealousy, so it's all good :D

Well I'm going back to "painting" you'll prob see my army up here soon..

*Plots to render Pax unconcious and steal his army*
(\__/)
(xOx)
(v  v)
This is Bunny. He has been tried and executed as a heretic by the Inquisition. You have been warned.

What's the difference between a pile of dead babies and a BMW? I don't have a BMW in my garage.