News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: First Minis of 2010: Blood Angels Army Blog  (Read 8991 times)

Offline GlauG

• Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • My CMoN Gallery!
Re: First Minis of 2010: Blood Angels Army Blog
« Reply #40 on: July 8, 2010, 05:05:00 AM »
Thanks. :D  I'll take some pics when I get the chance, but I basically just drilled holes into his backpack mount and then into the wings to pin them in place.  I had to mod the backpack a bit to make it fit though. 

And if you're serious about that last bit, drop me a PM. :)

Offline GlauG

• My CMoN Gallery!
« Reply #41 on: July 8, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »
Okay, ask and ye shall receive. :)

Mephiston's wings are just pinned above the backpack mount, though the backpack vents had to be cut off and the connecting piece removed inn order for it all to fit.  Similarly, Dante's backpack mount wouldn't take the wings, so I just pinned them into the SG JP instead. 

The downside is, in daylight Dante looks like ass.  Argh.  Maybe I should give up on this NMM stuff and just strip them and spray them Alclad Chrome. -_-; 

And since I had some good light for once;

You can probably see how I've just been lazy and used magnets...

Those are speed blurs!  4+ cover save!

Finally got a shot of Psycho Tycho not to come out blurred as all hell.  Shame the sculpting looks really bad. >_<

Finally, some decent shots of my Assault Grunts.

The guys without helmets are an interesting story...  Like all my Assault Marines, they're secondhand guys I gave a new lease on paint and life, but unlike most of them, these guys aren't from the eBay slop pile, they used to be a friend's UM Veteran squad.  I thought it'd be fun to lump them in a JP-less Assault squad, with a headswap for the Sarge. :)

Offline slinky1984

• Gimme all your honey!
    • Willamette Valley Wargaming
« Reply #42 on: July 8, 2010, 11:19:44 AM »
The guy pointing at people is the best IMO  :D

I have aspirations of an entire unit doing that...

Curious, are you getting all these colors using Citadel paints only? Because there's a certain dark tone to your models that is appealing to me. I realize there not entirely finished but whatever method your using is great.
Please allow me to adjust my pants... So that I may dance the good time dance

Offline GlauG

• My CMoN Gallery!
« Reply #43 on: July 8, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »
Thanks!  Yeah, that guy's pose is basically what convinced me that the squad was awesome enough to leave as-is. ;)  I do have enough arms for an entire unit to be pointing at someone, though some guy would have to be using a Power Fist!

As for paints, yeah, I'm almost entirely using Citadel paints...  the only exceptions are some Vallejo UV colours I'm mixing into my highlights (as it gives them more... er, "pop").  The darkness comes from all the custom washes I mix up, I've got one that's half Baal Red and Orgryn Flesh, one that's half Leviathan Purple and half Badab Black, you get the idea...  Basically everything red was airbrushed Mechrite Red over a black primer, then washed down with one or both of those two washes (I've done a lot of experimenting, not everyone's painted quite the same), then drybrushed back up with mixes of Mechrite Red + a lighter colour.  Hope that helps!

I hate painting burnt metal without using metallics, but I set myself the stupid challenge of not using metallics or SFX paints in this army.  I then cheated and used some UV paints mixed with the highlights.  Bleh. 

Trying to work out if I should try and blend some of the base colour up for highlights or just drybrush it.  I'm inclined to side with the latter...

Happy with how the Stormy is looking though.  Will be taking it dow to my local GW later...

Offline GlauG

• My CMoN Gallery!
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 10:59:02 PM »
Okay, moving house and other real-life stuff has gotten in the way of my modelling, but I was looking for something to show a friend and came across this;

A really really old BA Razorback I toughed up with some weathering and sold on ebay a while ago...  Weird to see how much my paint style's changed! 

Second Stormraven's on the way as soon as I get time...