News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Point Army List  (Read 475 times)

Offline Tau of War

• For the Greater Good...again!
1500 Point Army List
« on: February 28, 2008, 04:29:02 PM »
I just got another Hammerhead, so I was throwing around ideas of incorporating it into my army. give suggestions please. the armies I will be fighting against will probably be fast, so I am trying to stay fairly maneuverable, staying away from the static fire line that gets one combat unit in there and it is finished for the game, example, snigrot and a bunch of kommandos, big mob of assult marines... you get the picture...

Anyhow, here is the Army list:

HQ: Shas'el, MP, PR, TA, HWMT =97

Elites: 3 Stealth =90

Elites: 2 Crisis with PR, MP, MT, teamleader with TL = 134

Troops: 8 Firewarriors, teamleader = 90

Troops: 12 Firewarriors, teamleader, bonding knife = 135 
           Devilfish, Multi tracker, decoy launchers = 95      =230

Troops: 10 Kroot, Shaper = 91

Fast: 5 Gun drones = 60

Heavy: Hammerhead, Rail gun, burst cannons, Multi tracker, target lock, decoy launchers =170

Heavy: Hammerhead, Rail gun, burst cannons, Multi tracker, target lock, decoy launchers =170

=1482
with the remaining 20 points I was considering putting a smart missile system on the devilfish, or i could put the SMS on 2 of the hammerheads, what would be better to do?

so yeah, that is basically it, FW and Stealth for infantry fire, kroot for counter charge, drones for deepstriking on barrage things, crisis for light vehicles, hammerheads for tank hunting and hoard killing.

so yeah if you can give some ideas, that would be great.

Offline Kaiizen

• Best Painted Fire Warriors
Re: 1500 Point Army List
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 01:31:39 AM »

Elites: 2 Crisis with PR, MP, MT, teamleader with TL = 134

First thing I would do is combine the stealth team into one big squad and then split up your crisis suits. Make both crisis suits team leaders with target arrays and you'll get a lot more use out of them.

Troops: 12 Firewarriors, teamleader, bonding knife = 135
           Devilfish, Multi tracker, decoy launchers = 95      =230

I personally don't do fish of fury, what I do know about it though is that one is not that great 2 is good and 3 is amazing. 1 by itself will be horribly gimped against MEQ's. You need the attack to be completely devastating not just a little annoying.