News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: C'tan - how do you do yours?  (Read 581 times)

Offline Idaho

C'tan - how do you do yours?
« on: November 26, 2006, 02:34:42 PM »
i was wondering if anyone uses the c'tan with any regularity? do people save them for special scenarios or games, or bigger games?

i have used the nightbringer a few times. he has smashed 2 entire armies and failed to do anything against a 3rd. although i love the model and theme to it, using the thing is so difficult against shooty armies due to his slow movement. against assault armies he earns his points back better, though would people regard this as unfair?

against orks and tyranids he can be especially nasty, though certain chaos and marine armies he can dominate too. against other armies its often better off not using him (you can get 20 warriors for the same price!)

so what does everybody think here?

Offline rightfire

Re: C'tan - how do you do yours?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »
He's balanced, in the fact that he lowers your phase out counter.

A C'tan is very good against special characters and other things.

Their weakness is only to persistant shooting, or anything with rending.

You can use them any time you want, as proven in battle, they're effective vs some armies, but weak vs others.

I still think a monolith is better, because a monolith can shoot every unit within 12 inches, and helps your warriors regenerate.
When you have fought over 1000 battles, all you see is death

- Dawn of War

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 12:30:46 PM »
Don't use them....too expensive....and I'd rather have another lord on the field with more useful gear that can help my over all army. In high points 2.5K+ games I might break out the NB, but I haven't found a use under that.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline LeVoidDragon

• Say hello to my little friend!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 02:11:17 AM »
nice for high point battles, especially the deciever with his grand illusion, and his dread
(\\_/)
(O.0)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

The nice men in white coats have given me a nice room all to myself, it's very nice with its padded walls.  They even gave me a complimentary jacket.