News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How do you transport your army to/from your blouse? [What case/s do you use?]  (Read 2359 times)

Offline PIN_H34D

• we kill, because we can
i just use a cheap (but big) tackle box, lined with bubble wrap... total cost me like $10
Murder, death, that is my entertainment

Offline Outsider

• Ripper
large shoe boxes filled with packing penuts for the MCs and big stuff. i put the individual squads of bulk troops in baggies and put the baggies in another shoe box to keep them from moving around. it works well and cost me only a cuple of bucks for the gigantic bag of packing penuts... i transport 10k Tyranids this way and they rarely break
what was i saying again?... my train of thought has become derailed and has killed 20 innocent bystanders...

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
  • Thousands of troops one goal.
  • Armies: IG, DKOK, TAU, SM
Yep I use the Plano tackle box.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4232222

I use the trays for my infantry and tanks go on the top and I have room for my dice, templates and tape measure. I also use a normal storage box for my other tanks.

I have 2 armies space marines and IG I have bought extra trays and depending on what army I want to use and I switch out the trays.

Offline childofthewired

• In the dark future, there are only Tacos.
    • Childofthewired.net
I us a few different setup.

For my Space Marines, I use the a combination of the sabol trays and the GW trays in a large padded technition case.  Its holds about 8000 points of Marines.

For my imperial guard I use 2 small GW cases, one for the troops, one for the tanks, the tank one has custom cut foam.  ABout 2700 points of guard.

For my orks, I don't have any foam yet, but I'm using a rubbermade high top box.  Works great and hold everything I need so far, 1500 points.

Offline Cortez

i use the gw small case for normal stuff, cut out holes for ICs with banners and a dread. Tanks go in spare boxes stuffed with tissues. Can move about 3000 this way.
Quote from: arah
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Quote from: Starrakatt of the Chortling Chainsaw
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline A_FIRE_HAZARD

• Spammer: Useless oneliners abound - BANNED
  • Go out with a bang.. or at least a splat or crunch
i use egg cartons... this is easy 4 the regular guys... bigger things use those cheap old things that people sit on at high school games... like idk what they are called... but cut them open and there is foam.... then cut and fit for your guys.... this is for cheap-o's the games-work shop stuff works well...

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
"...from your horse/louse/blouse?"

Is the OP teasing us, or is a Mod having fun with this?  ;)

Those tackle boxes look very convenient and much less expensive that the custom army carrying cases.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
Those tackle boxes look very convenient and much less expensive that the custom army carrying cases.

They really are, for me anyway. I take my big case for my Tyranids, but everything else goes in that tacle box. When I have big Roleplay/Wargame sessions with frinds, I can fit 1,500 points of SM, all 4 of my Dark Heresy books, Character sheets, 40k rulebook, Codex, dice, templates, Models for Dark Heresy, and Wet-Erase pens in a single case. It is a pertty heavy case, but it all fits. ;)
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!