News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork, Nobody wants to talk about them!  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Ork, Nobody wants to talk about them!
« on: July 16, 2002, 10:26:44 PM »
Gee who gives a amphetamine parrot about ORKS, were just very aggressive fungy. Please people talk, talk?

Offline Pat Khils

• Phantom Lord
  • Ancient
  • Silent Night, Bodom Night
    • Anton's Vault
Re:Ork, Nobody wants to talk about them!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 02:03:28 PM »
I give a amphetamine parrott about orks and so do many other people who play them. I used to be like you, but then I quickly changed my mind and now have a large army of orks, because its FUN TO PLAY!!!!

s i m a n o v: portfolio | deviant art

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 11:19:54 PM »
Read the last part carefully, I want people to talk about orks.  ;D The first part was to piss of people so they would read it. ;)

BloodThirster

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2002, 06:16:25 PM »
Orks. "The flies in war!"
I've met some orks with my Necron army and, i am sorry to say this, but it was one of the easyest fights i've ever played. I mean, My Night bringer killed like 50 orks by him self! Orks are weak. But i guess if you know how to play them. They can make some resistanse.

And there is one thing i've always wondered. What the hell is the difference of Ork and Orc ?

Offline Pat Khils

• Phantom Lord
  • Ancient
  • Silent Night, Bodom Night
    • Anton's Vault
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2002, 07:00:51 PM »
read some other posts that are hear

s i m a n o v: portfolio | deviant art

Offline Warlord Fragskull

• A'nuva wound, a'nuva battle
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 09:45:39 AM »
Orks are great! I'm creating a Speed Freek army currently. It will rock.
A lot of people make fun of orks because of their lack a shooting abilities. But they usually shout "cheese" when the orks assault.
Farseer Auric- An Ork is for 40K ,an Orc is for Warhammer Fantasy Battles. You also have torealize the orks couldn't hurt your nightbringer. They couldn't shoot it, can't touch it in assault, their only hope was to phase out your army. The Nightbringer is invincible against Orks, unless he has quite a few Zzap guns pointed at him (pray for strength 10).
Everybody has a little green in them.

"Wez nev'a gonna stopz. Wez jus' keeps onz goin'z."
-Warlord Fragskull to Grishsnik right before wiping out an entire Imperial armored company during the Seige of Helsreach (Third War of Armageddon).

Offline Kal

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 06:10:41 AM »
Against the run of the mill lot, Orks are fine, but when it comes to super hard characters lke NB, then yeah they could be in for a bit of a beating. If anything like that usually appears when I'm playing, I just try to destroy everything else and not go for the lucky kill that requires stupidly large amounts of six's to be rolled  ;D .

Kal

Offline Harlequin Solitaire

• Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 03:59:01 PM »
I hate the nightbringer. Necrons are hard enough as it is, let alone combined with a charracter that is probably the 40k equivelent of Archaon (or possibly 2 Archaons!)
"An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind" - Gandhi

Offline AceV53

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2002, 12:19:00 AM »
Yeah the NightBringer and the Eldar Wraithlords are dominating to regular Orks. I tied up a Wraithlord and Avatar with my hordes for the entire game but couldn't get my HQ (Power Claws) in there in time because we had to leave. I got a wound on the Avatar amazingly but he slaughtered my paper Orks in retaliation. I was very interested in what could have happened but nooooo! I had to leave....
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2002, 10:45:15 AM »
Hmmm, one way might be possible to beat WLords with DeathSkullz, is it true that they can loot any SMurf Unit or vehicle?

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2002, 03:00:25 AM »
I take it you don't own a Codex Orks.
No for the vehicle but yes you may use the options from any squad in Warhammer 40k, but with oppsoing players consent.

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2002, 10:27:48 AM »
Mmm... Ork-Dark-Reapers... I thought it was just Imp squads?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2002, 03:56:43 PM »
I have fought the ork menace and have been severly strained.  I regularly fight speed freeks, My son is one of the main ork generals.  I dont want to sound too much like a proud dad, but, he does beat most other armies with his speed freeks.  He even beat space wolves.  He tied his first fight against armored company, the same army that always beats me!  So I have some respect for the orks.  They are fun, and at times can be comicle and still slaughter you.  The speed freeks that my son plays are deadly, (he had a good teacher) and so now a lot of 13 year old former ultramarine players are becomming ork players as they have seen a fellow kid (my son is 13) beat a few grown ups.  At the last big fight there was much cheering when he beat the tyranid master who is known for butchering all youngbloods without mercy.  (The guy is now mad at me)  So if you want a fun, brute force, charge into the guns, who needs tactics, type of force....Play orks.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Farseer_Sting

• Play Guard, Never be out gunned
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2002, 07:31:44 PM »
actually u can only loot imp stuff, sorry no orks in wave serpents, or dark reapers for that matter :P

Instant IQ test click here

Warp Riders Expeditionary Force
Win=15
Loose=2
Tie=0

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2002, 07:14:19 PM »
nothing is too hard for orks, although i have never played them ive seen some really nice ork armies wipe out necrons, eldar and SM's.  a basilisk on your side can really make a difference, and the orks are so cool!, i wanna collect them :)
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.