News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt. Hive Fleet Oblivion.  (Read 1216 times)

Offline *Box*

• Master of the Cubes of Rolling
1500pt. Hive Fleet Oblivion.
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:14:51 PM »
Hive Fleet Oblivion

HQ

Brood Lord-Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs

90pts.

Hive Tyrant-Adrenal Glands, Adrenal Glands, Winged, Toxin Sacs, Lash Whip& Bone Sword, Scything talons, Warp Blast

169pts.

Elite

Warrior- Enhanced Senses, Adrenal Glands, Extended Carapace, Leaping, Toxin Sacs, Barbed Strangler, Rending Claws, Venom Cannon, 3 Scything Talons

158pts.

Lictor-…

80pts.

Troops

Genestealer-12x Genestealer, Toxin Sacs, Extended Carapace,

276pts.

Hormagaunts- 10x Hormagaunt, Adrenal Gland, Adrenal Gland, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sac

150pts.

Gaunts- 8x Gaunt, Devourer, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs

88pts.

Gaunts- 10x Gaunt, Fleshborer, Without number

90pts.

Heavy Support

Zoanthrope-Synapse, Warp Blast

65pts.

Zoanthrope- Synapse, Warp Blast

Carnifex- Adrenal Glands, Adrenal Glands, Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Regenerate, Reinforced Chitin, Toxin Sacs, Tusked, Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Venom Cannon

249pts.

Total=1480

O.K. this is my brothers army. He had a couple of questions. On the Flyrant should he get a warp field or warp blast?

And this army isn't a tournament army. We just play slightly competitively.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:16:15 PM by *Box* »
Back in business.

So how does 540+20D6 attacks grab you?

My Space Marines

Offline Shaznat

• The Meticulous Monster
Re: 1500pt. Hive Fleet Oblivion.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:49:14 PM »
This list needs some work.

First, where's the Broodlord's retinue?

Next, lose Warp Blast on the Flyrant. Warp Field is expensive, so it's up to your brother's taste if he wants it or not.

The Warrior brood is illegal. You can't have a VC and a BS in the same brood. Also don't mix CC (rending claws+scytalons) with shooty (VC/BS+scytalons).

Lictors are hard to use well and are very fragile.

Genestealers don't need toxin sacs, they have rending.

Gaunts need a LOT more numbers. A gaunts squad with eight gaunts is useless. Try to get the to 14-16 a piece.

Is that one zoan or two? Either way, it looks good.

The carnifex is the worst part of the list. It makes up 17% of the points and probably won't reach CC in 75% of the games before the game has been decided. Wait, I just saw that it has only shooting weapons. Lose ALL the biomorphs except enchanced senses. Go with VC+Bs instead of Deathspitter+VC. Here is where you can get lots of points to contribute to buffing up the gaunt squads.

I know it's not a tournament list, but right now, I don't think it's really competitive. The unit choices are fine, you just need to configure them correctly. Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:27:06 PM by Shaznat »

Offline *Box*

• Master of the Cubes of Rolling
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:45:27 AM »
Ok. Thanks. I'll change list and fix everything. Man I missed alot of rules.
Back in business.

So how does 540+20D6 attacks grab you?

My Space Marines

Offline Shaznat

• The Meticulous Monster
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »
Don't worry about it. Like I said, you have the right ideas with most of the unit selections, you just need to get the right balance. ;)

Offline Smellofwetdog

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 09:06:59 AM »
Unless you're taking tyrant gaurd with lash whip and bonesword also I would drop those on your flyrant for 2 sets of scything talons for the extra attacks.  The adrenal glands are also of questionable usefulness since you strike at i5 ws 5 already and you should be targetting troops with your flyrant and using genestealers/raveners/warriors with RCs for harder targets.

Your warriors are on the fence right now, with all the biomorphs they have.  Choose a role for them and run with it.  If you go shooty get the enhanced senses deathspitters and a barbed strangler and rending claws (my preference, since ST are also viable but leave you without CC punch).  If you want to keep leaping drop the enhanced senses and the shooty weapons and get RCs and STs and use the warriors as 2nd line assault troops after your gaunts.  

Lictors are up to you, personally I find they don't make back their points but maybe your bro does, I'll just throw out there you could buy 2 raveners for the price of a lictor.  

Genestealers have rending as was stated so ya drop the toxin sacs, EC is one of the only biomorphs I would consider for stealers, but you should try to keep em cheap so you can field more than one brood so consider dropping that for another brood.  Also cut em down to 10 per brood.  

yes gaunts do need a lot more 14-16 is the honey spot.  Extended carapace on gaunts is a waste never buy it.  You're only improving your save from 6+ to 5+ which means you still wont get a save against anything ap5 or better which is what you're going to see 90% of in shooting.  They're going to die, don't bother investing in their survivability, that's why we bring 16 of them  ;D

Your hormagaunts are hugely expensive, moreso than genestealers and they don't even have rending.  Drop all the biomorphs from them and use those points to buy more genestealers or another brood of hormagaunts.  Again they will die, use them to tie up the enemy until the stealers or raveners or rending warriors can get there.  

Without number is horrible IMO.  You're taking away the best thing about gaunts in that they are cheap in order to reuse, but only after they're already dead.  Plus they come back on from your table edge so they have to footslog it back to where you want them in order to be minimally effective again.  I would drop it for more gaunts.

Your carnifex is a mess, he's hugely expensive and doesn't need half his biomorphs.  Toxin sacs on a str 9 creature is silly, your venom cannon maxes at 10 (and gives you +2) and your deathspitters max at 7 which you're already over.  Regenerate is a points sink, you get a chance to regain a wound once in a game (statistically).  You're better off taking an extra wound with reinforced chitin and leaving it at that.  Plus it costs almost as much as 2 genestealers.  Extra toughness and save are worthless since everything you'll be shot with will wound on a 2+ regardless of tough 6 or 7 and wont allow you an armor save anyway.  I would drop the deathspitters for a barbed strangler and drop str 8 pinning pie plates on your opponent and watch him cry.  Basically use a sniperfex instead of this frankenstein.  

Offline joetruck

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »

i no this doesnt have anything to do with the title but wot do u think of my carnifex seein as we r talkin about them
crushing claws
twin linked deathspitters
enhaced senses
spore cysts
mace tail
well, wot do u think? id love to know.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »
Don't try to hi-jack threads joetruck. It is really rude and displays poor judgement.

i no this doesnt have anything to do with the title but wot do u think of my carnifex seein as we r talkin about them
crushing claws
twin linked deathspitters
enhaced senses
spore cysts
mace tail
well, wot do u think? id love to know.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 01:28:47 PM »
This may sound petulant, but can I request to those posting on the Tyranid board to hit the "Report to moderator" button if stuff like this appears? It really does make things much faster and easier to deal with
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*