News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pimp My Ynarri! [Mixed Faction- 2000pts]  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Pimp My Ynarri! [Mixed Faction- 2000pts]
« on: March 25, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »
Hey Guys!
So I am having a bit of a play around with a few ideas for Ynarri and I've found a list that I want to try out. It's not the most powerful that I can throw together but I think it looks interesting and could be fun to use.

Reborn Warhost-
HQ
Farseer- Jetbike
Troops
3x Scatbikes
3x Scatbikes
3x Scatbikes

Elites
Shadowseer- Mastery Level 2

Fast Attack
4x Skyweavers- Zephyrglaives
4x Skyweavers- Haywire Cannons

Lord of War
Yncarne

Aspect Host
8x Striking Scorpions- Exarch with Scorpions Claw
6x Warp Spiders- Exarch
5x Dark Reapers- Exarch, all with Starshot missiles

Cast Of Players
Shadowseer- Mastery Level 2, Mask of secrets
Inriams Spectre
8x Harlequins- 4x Kisses, 2x Caresses.

Obviously it's quite an aggressive army list but one that admittedly isn't really built to make the most of Soulburst as I don't really want to be losing too many of the units! haha.
Farseer will join the Skyweavers with Zephyrglaives and hope to roll up Shrouding or Invisibility. The loose Shadowseer joining the Dark Reapers and rolling on the Harlequin discipline (Veil of Tears).
I've taken a couple of bits from Cav's recent army list but happy to listen to any other suggestions!
I do have the models to be even nastier (Wraithknights, D-Scythes etc) but wanted something a bit more fluffy/fun for a start.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Pimp My Ynarri! [Mixed Faction- 2000pts]
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »
Hey Auric I love this list! I wouldn't change a thing... I think this is a perfect casual-competitive type list that should do great! There is some challenge to it for sure... such as initiating combats but if you can make contact (and I think you should be able to do that quite handily) I think you'll do some serious damage.

The psychic element is really strong and should allow you to play a lot of tricks but also protect your valuable combat units as well.

I really wouldn't change anything... fun, balanced and should provide some variety due to the strong psychic presence over a series of games. I'd love to see how you do with this... particularly with the Yncarne... the Yncarne is a beast! And should really give your list a competitive edge. Rock on good sir... and keep us posted!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »
Cheers Cav, I definitely did have you somewhat in mind when I built the list.
I am hoping to get a practice game in over the next week or so, otherwise this or a very similar list will be used on the 6th of April for my first game of the league.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »
Only thing I would change, would be to drop the haywire cannons on the 2nd squad of Skyweavers. For the most part, Shuriken Cannons are better all-round weapons. I'd had a lot more success running shuirken over haywire.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 02:43:39 AM »
Only thing I would change, would be to drop the haywire cannons on the 2nd squad of Skyweavers. For the most part, Shuriken Cannons are better all-round weapons. I'd had a lot more success running shuirken over haywire.

Very interesting! What do you usually use for dealing with vehicles? When running pure Harlie lists I always found Haywire to be a necessity to open up the metal boxes that those Marines and Imperial Guard were hiding in!
Do you rely on kisses/caresses in combat to do the trick?

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 07:09:48 AM »
Armour 12 and below, s6 spam is fine. Anything higher, melee kill them.

I used to run tons of haywire cannons, and they were so unreliable that even with them i barely hurt vehicles. Now I can hurt fliers, overwatch and put out actual quality firepower.

Also, killing tanks in melee is fine with ynnari, as you can just charge the occupants immediately afterwards.

If you want anti-tank with range, dark eldar and craftworld eldar do it way better.

I also find skyweavers to be a bit of a points sink. I would suggest removing one of the squads, and taking the blades of fate instead. That squad does work for me. Re-rolling jink is great.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 07:31:16 AM »
Hmmm interesting...

I kinda lean towards the Haywire Cannons... but I see where KS is coming from. I'd put money on doing a good deal of jinking with those bikes... So I think he may be right.

The Yncarne and the Farseer both have Armor Bane weapons and you've got Caresses and Zephyr Glaives so thats some nice CC armor busting. The Reapers are no joke against armor with Starshot and you've got a ton of Str 6 so you should be good.

It does feel weird not having gobs of long range AT... I had the Shining Spears + Autarch with Fusion Gun sort of covering that role. But the Yncarne should have you covered... if all else fails you could always squeeze a Serpent with Lance in there... or even an Autarch with a Fusion gun riding with Skyweavers. But I think you should be fine... if you wanted to get more AT in there... I'd recommend sneaking that Autarch in but I think you should be fine

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 06:06:40 AM »
@Killersquud- I've got to be honest I've always done very well with the Haywire cannons. They are fairly expensive points wise on the Skyweavers but I have always found them to be fairly reliable for stripping hull points off vehicles and especially so when coming up against superheavies etc. As you have mentioned its jinking that will really hurt these guys.
With the Dark Reapers I may have enough long range AT and may add in something to better support the assault elements of the list.

@Cav, I might consider the Autarch, or possibly some Shining spears in place of them. Not used shining spears since you used to be able to give the exarch a bright lance so definitely worth another look

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 06:34:00 AM »
So I've been thinking (dangerous, I know!) and I've made some significant changes!

HQ
Farseer  skyrunner- spirit stone of anathlan

Elites
Shadowseer- mastery 2

Troops
3x scatbikes
3x scatbikes
3x scatbikes

fast attack
4x Skyweavers- Zephyrglaives

lord of war

Yncarne

Aspect Host
10x Striking Scorpions- Exarch with claw
8x Warp Spiders- exarch
5x Dark Reapers- Starshot missiles, Exarch

Ulthwe strike force
10x Black Guardians- Scatterlaser
10x Black Guardians- Brightlance
3x Warwalkers- scatter laser & starcannon

I'm not sure whether I will miss the Harlequins, I'll probably lose some synergy with the scorpions due to the lack of other combat threats but I am hoping the extra firepower that the black guardians can bring should make up for it, They also give me a few more bodies for soul burst fuel and for healing wounds back on the yncarne.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 07:12:59 AM »
I think this list works really well too. I wouldn't worry too much about the loss of the Harlies... the Yncarne, the Harlie jetbikes and the Black Guardians all synergize well the Scorpions. They'll all be operating at the same range by the end of Turn 2.

I do think however you could perhaps drop one of the Warwalkers and try and squeeze an Autarch in to guarantee you get those Guardians on turn 1 or 2 (not sure if you have enough of them for T1 deepstrike). I think it would add a lot to your Turn 2 counter-punch with the Yncarne, Scorpions and Harlie Jetbikes. Because you can really land a turn 2 knock-out blow, if you can get the Scorpions, Yncarne, Harlies, War Walkers, and all those Guardians to attack as one right in your opponents DZ.

Plus, it would allow you to Reserve everything if you needed to (except Scorpions, Spiders)
and then get them all to reliably turn up Turn 2.

But you know me, I'm an Autarch guy... but I think he just adds so much. Give him a mask, lance, a fusion gun, stick him with the Harlies and away you go. He's really cheap even with all that wargear and just adds so much in terms of early game flexibility and coordinating your efforts. Plus nothing is more fun than dodging a Space Marine player's crazy alpha strike and then delivering a knockout counter punch. 

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 08:23:59 AM »
That's probably not a bad shout, if I drop one Warwalker and split the remaining two into separate units then I can fit the autarch and make the Guardians available on turn 1 as they'll fill the 4 slots. Good shout!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 08:38:35 AM »
No problem bro. I think you are really gonna like what he brings to the table. Good CC... perfect for mulching Marines, haywire against vehicles, fusion gun against vehicles, lance options should you need it (Necron quantum shielding) plus all the reserve benefits. Plus... with the list you've got being able to carry both an Autarch, Farseer and Shadowseer its just a thing of beauty.

Blue Corsairs + Red Corsairs FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also... as I always say... take pics of your league games!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 08:53:42 AM »
I've used them a few times but not done great, I usually take them for the reserve manipulation though.
Haha unfortunately I will be using a lot of unpainted/ wrongly painted minis. I am always a big proponent for going with full painted armies but since many of my local guys use lots of u painted I figured I should just use what I have! Looking at local clubs who use more fully painted etc armies at the moment.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #13 on: April 5, 2017, 06:38:12 PM »
So I took this list but with the Autarch.
Played a game against an eldar player who had:
2x Farseers on bikes
Sword and board wraithknight
4x3 scatbikes
3x 5man Dire Avenger units
3x D-Cannon Vauls wrath
2x 5 man Rangers
Crimson hunter.

I liked the list but wasn't entirely sold. Scorpions and Skyweavers were poor and didn't really do much. The scatbikes and Yncarne probably did the most damage.
I have another game tomorrow which I may make some small changes but will likely use a similar list and will see how I feel about it.
Soulburst is very strong but I'm not sure it's enough to make me deviate from my usual playstyle.

• Ancient
« Reply #14 on: April 5, 2017, 10:29:09 PM »
The scatbikes and Yncarne probably did the most damage.

Shocking lol.

I still suggest taking the blades of fate from deathmasque as your skyweavers. Re-rolling jink saves can be really good.

You also might as well take out the ulthwe strike force and use the units in the reborn detachment (dropping one unit of guardians to fit the elites slots). There is little difference, and then they can soul burst. Only take the strike force, if you can take four units.

I've never used Scorpions, and skyweavers have always been a tax unit for me. I take them because I have too.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2017, 07:10:33 AM »
Yeah I've not played against Eldar in a LOOONG time... my Scorpions really excel at hunting down slower units, or intercepting units that have to come towards me. Thats how I use my spears too... so if you are playing against Eldar utilizing keep away tactics its gonna be a struggle.

Not sure how many times you've used the Scorpions and Skyweavers... I would definitley rock the list a few more times. I played about 3-4 games with my Scorpions + Shining Spears before I truly got the hang of them... and a bit longer till I was able to improvize against new opponents. The Shining Spears were a real struggle... but I feel like I've got the hang of it now.

Anyway bud good luck and stick with it. All the more glory to you for mastering unconventional units!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
Thanks guys!

Killersquid- I have used the Blades of fate before but don't like the fact that I am only limited to a 2 man unit, I tend to use them for almost Deathstar units. Can't really do that with the 2 man unit. The Ulthwe strike force coming in turn 1 has actually really helped me in the two games that I've done (Just played another, report to follow). I may take them in the Warhost though for the Soulburst ability.

Cavalier- I'll keep trying but they just don't really suit my playstyle to be honest. I just keep looking back at my Corsairs at the moment. I'm gonna play a few more games with the Ynarri and will try a few more different units.

So I did my first league game with the edited list and it was against a very good Dark Eldar player.
I won by 12 points to 6 points and my opponent conceded midway through turn 4 as I had him penned in and was 6 points up with him drawing some pretty bad cards on his.
Scatbikes were pretty good and the Skyweaver "star" actually did pretty great thanks to Invisibility and a couple of Soulbursts!
The Yncarne managed to kill hardly anything but did trigger a Soulburst on his death which allowed my Star to assault his Reavers and pretty much finish the game off.
It was a good game to start the league off and am just waiting to see who I will be getting for round 2 in May!

• Ancient
« Reply #17 on: April 6, 2017, 07:10:26 PM »
Thanks guys!

Killersquid- I have used the Blades of fate before but don't like the fact that I am only limited to a 2 man unit, I tend to use them for almost Deathstar units. Can't really do that with the 2 man unit. The Ulthwe strike force coming in turn 1 has actually really helped me in the two games that I've done (Just played another, report to follow). I may take them in the Warhost though for the Soulburst ability.

The reason I said to drop the strike force, is that you have only three units in that detachment (from your recent list), and so cannot deepstrike turn 1. If you take a fourth unit, then you're g2g.

Skyweavers are tricky as a deathstar, considering how expensive they are. I find they work best as a supporting unit. They are too fragile for their cost to do heavy lifting (from what I've found). But, if they work for you then go for it.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #18 on: April 7, 2017, 07:30:42 AM »
Hey off to a good start bud! Hey if they dont suit your playstyle... definitely avoid them. Maybe they will grow on you, but no need to force it. I'm just addicted to setting those ambushes.

Glad the bikes performed well for you though... I'm dying to pick some up...

As for your Corsairs... you know I dont think I'm really familiar with any of the games you played with them! I think you posted your hobby progress, then switched to Raven Guard... I don't think you gave us any bat-reps....

I'd love to know how they've done for you and what your playstyle is with them...

Anyway fascinating stuff AP. I totally agree with you... always play to your own style. Good luck buddy and make sure to keep us posted! I'm dying to know how everything plays out.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 04:13:17 AM »
Congrats on the win, Auric!
Dark Eldar would have been a hard win. What powers did the Farseer roll up. I'm old school, still get a kick out of guide and fortune. War Walkers and Scatbikes thrive on guide.
Thanks for sharing.