News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Autarchs with Reaper Launchers  (Read 2382 times)

Offline bca11

Autarchs with Reaper Launchers
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:33:31 PM »
I'm kinda short on spare parts so I'm doing what I can with a couple old models and some spare EMLs. If you stood across the table from me at a tournament and I told you these were stock autarchs (star glaive, plasma grenades) with reaper launchers, would you be cool with it? Obviously I wouldn't field them unpainted.

IMG_20171217_195934889.jpg - Google Drive

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
Re: Autarchs with Reaper Launchers
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:15:18 AM »
If I were your opponent in a one-off friendly game, I'd probably be fine with them (provided they are painted well).

However, if I were a TO of a tournament with strict WYSIWYG requirements, I wouldn't allow them. AMLs do not really look like reaper launchers.
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 03:22:50 AM »
I would not mind this but I think that a tournament organizer could. The one on the right looks better but the head of the weapon is still quite large. It might be worth buying or finding reaper launcher bits, or taking a nozzle from another gun (Harlequin's Embrace for ex) and putting that as the tip of the launcher. This way it looks different from your Aeldari Missile Launchers.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 07:50:41 AM »
I agree with blazinghand the head of the weapon is a bit large, but knowing that the Autarch can't choose to take an AML I think most TO's would be fine with it. I did something similar to create a tempest launcher with an AML and a reaper launcher, and since I had 4 normal helmet reapers and the one wielding this weird weapon had the helmet with earflaps, noone could mistake him for not being the Exarch.

I know I'm using really old metal Dark reapers, so everything is in metal.

Sorry for not showing any pics, but maybe that can be remedied during the week. :)
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 05:31:54 PM »
I wholeheartedly agree with everyone, that in a casual play everything can be ok, although in a tourney as a judge or even as a tourney player I won't agree at all with them. Better find a model that has it, so it won't be a hindrance.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 05:43:18 PM »
I've been to a bunch of Tournaments, and those missile launchers would be fine at any event I've been too.

The swords should be switched out for something more 'glavey' though, but I'd see those pass at a bunch of events. You'll not do so well on hobby scores, but c'est la vie. Still, it depends on the events you're going too. Might still want to clear them with event organizers, just to be sure.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline bca11

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 12:36:07 AM »
IMG_20171219_241425652.jpg - Google Drive

I made some changes. What about this? Would you accept it as an autarch with star glaive & reaper launcher in a tournament?

Post Merge: December 19, 2017, 12:50:16 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

^

The idea above being that when I get an actual reaper launcher head in my bits somewhere, I can easily remove the green stuff and swap it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:50:16 AM by bca11 »

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 02:14:31 AM »
The glaive definitely looks like a glaive, you should have no problem there.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 09:01:12 AM »
The idea above being that when I get an actual reaper launcher head in my bits somewhere, I can easily remove the green stuff and swap it.
Since it's green stuff anyway, I'd make the launcher head even smaller. It might be the picture though. Anyway, this looks much better in all respects.
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Deathboon

« Reply #9 on: January 3, 2018, 07:29:22 AM »
since the model is pretty clearly no longer feugan and different from a dark reaper exarch as well, i dont see any reasonable TO not allowing it. most events (even wysiwyg strict) allow the use of counts as models so long as its easily clear to your opponent what's what. anyone who wouldn't allow the fuegan conversion needs to be reminded of Wheaton's Law.