News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Holliday Ork Warband List Building Competition Entry  (Read 1793 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Holliday Ork Warband List Building Competition Entry
« on: December 17, 2015, 07:24:14 PM »
Here is my entry. Sorry I am a bit tardy with the posting of the list but I had to rewrite it, after the genius dog-of-war, pointed out an obvious flaw of the new book. I was going to do a green tide list, but now am back to a much more satisfying speed freak list. Without further ado:

Speed Freak variant of the Ork Warband Formation.

(Modified from comments)
WARBOSS: AWTY Dakkatoof; Attack Squig, Power Claw, Cybork Body, Boss Pole, Blitzbike,s two ammo runt   =146

MEK: killsaw   =45 Rides with Big Choppa Nobs boys.

6 Nob Bikers; boss nob with PK, 5 Big Choppa, 1 with WAAGH Banner, 2 with boss pole..   = 350

1: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, boss pole, Power Claw. = 112
DT: TRUKK; Wrecking ball, ram = 45;    Total = 157
2: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, boss pole, Power Claw.= 112
3: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, boss pole, Power Claw. = 112
4: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, boss pole, Power Claw. = 112
5: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, boss pole, Power Claw. = 112
6: 11 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, boss pole, Big Choppa. = 86
DT: TRUKK; Wrecking ball, ram = 45;    Total = 131

1 unit of 10 Gretchin, 1 Runt Herd   =40

TOTAL = 1499

Standard ork tacktik of charge into their teef, get close and krump. The bikers with the boss are for the tough stuff, and if need be the mek is for taking on challengers, and the mek makes a cheap addition to the bikers, another set of guns and ablative wounds. Since the bikes are all twin link and S5, they might actually be able to shoot down flyers if need be.

The boss has what used to be the bike of the aporkalypse, so has better guns and may even get lucky enough to get some precision shots in. The boss still has the option of green torpedo to take on land raiders and monoliths.

The boys in trucks have what it takes to get in close and get stuck in, double charging tougher units and just doing some general krumping of anything that looks like a good fight. The trucks all have wrecking balls for dread and transport killing.

The grots will skulk on the table from reserve and sneak up on an objective to hold it. If need be, will be a slight distraction unit to enemy units that may show up in the backfield.

Hope you like the list. I sure do... (make me want to drive an hour and a half to go play)  :o
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:39:20 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Holliday Ork Warband List Building Competition Entry
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 11:02:43 PM »
I love it. It's screams "paint me red!" Only one tinsy, tiny, snotling size problem. The mek isn't allowed a bike.  :'( Big meks can have orky know-wots, regular meks cannot.

All you need to do is drop a boy from a trukk unit that has a nob with a big choppa and give the mek a killsaw and throw him on that trukk and you're back in business with enough points to throw 3 ammo runts in with Dakkatoof. Then apply red paint and go!

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »
Skeetergod building a KoS list...color me surprised, or at the very least jealous...I like the continuity of the boyz, not surprises there.  And according to the codex, we've all got the skulking grots.  If your mek can't take a bike option, are you going to attach him to the boyz with the nob w/big choppa?  Without a PK, that mob could possibly benefit from an upscale mek ranged weapon.  Just an idea boss...no disrespect intended...

my two teef

OEN
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 05:43:46 PM »
Thanks for the hints, your suggestions have been approved by the council of KoS and approved, see the changes above.

Thanks

(grumbles because mek can't have bike, darn cheepo codex)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak