News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k necron tournament/TAC list  (Read 6894 times)

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
  • Armies: Necrons
2k necron tournament/TAC list
« on: September 12, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »
i'm looking for some feedback. what do you guys think? Thoughts/reviews/criticism appreciated :)

bastion quad gun: 125

imotek: 225 & chronometron: 40, veiltek: 55, inside bastion

2x lords rez orb: 130

25x warriors: 325
- 5 on bastion
- 5 in bastion with imotekh & crypteks
- 10 in night scythe with lord

12 wraiths, 2 with particle casters: 530
20 scarabs: 300

2 night scythes: 200

1995; 5 points left
I taught myself Japanese in 2 months. I have a free ebook and website that can help you do the same: Learn-Japanese.ca :)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: 2k necron tournament/TAC list
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »
I think you can only attach one member from a royal court to a given unit.

As such, I don't think you can have Immotekh, 2 Crypteks and a unit of Warriors all together in one unit.

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 11:51:26 PM »
In that case, I could assign the necron warriors 1 cryptek and Imotekh another cryptek. Then, as an independent character with his cryptek, I could make Imotekh join the 5 warriors with their cryptek..

Make sense?
I taught myself Japanese in 2 months. I have a free ebook and website that can help you do the same: Learn-Japanese.ca :)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:45:49 AM »
You can't do that. ;) Page 90 of the Necron codex explains which units a Cryptek can be attached to.

An Independent Character can join one unit, such as a lonely Cryptek if he's the last member of a Royal Court "unit".

Otherwise, you could have an IC join the warriors, then join another unit of warriors, and then a unit of scarabs... and join them altogether.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:47:33 AM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 01:05:33 PM »
any comments/opinions/review on the list itself?

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
In a friendly way... Lulz... make it legal, then it can be critiqued properly? For example, you have at least 4 Fast Attack choices. ;) You could play multiple detachments, since you have enough Troop choices, but you'd need a second cheap and cheerful HQ choice, like a Destroyer Lord to join a Wraith unit.

I've never played Necrons, but I've thought-hammered them some and played a lot of other armies over the years.

I don't know why you'd want to have two minimum squads sit at home in your Bastion. You can't claim objectives from within a building or fortification. An Aegis might go further, since you are protected, can still fire your rifles [no worries about lacking fire points] and you can still have access to a Quad-gun... while claiming objectives.

I'm guessing the Chrono-tek is to keep Imo alive, rerolling his impressive Armour or Invul save, or maybe the Storm roll? That's a solid plan. I'd say you aren't taking advantage of his Phaeron status as much as you could, but to do that you'd need a big chunk of Warriors to march up the field.

The Veil-tek seems unnecessary, since you have Scythes to deploy objective grabbers. I'd prefer to keep smaller squads in the Scythes, since you'd probably prefer to deploy them late in the game to claim objectives, and you don't want a bunch of points tied up in units that can't shoot from their ride.

I think you've gone waaaay overboard on Scarabs, since you don't have a lot of shots to take advantage of depleted AV's.

Instead of Res-Lords in small squads, you could add 5 more Warriors to any squad and you'd probably be further ahead than adding a Res-Lord.

All in all, I'd say the list lacks "punch." If you are going to a tournament, you could do much worse than to take a pair of Annihilation Barges. I'm just sayin'. They're bad mamma-jammas. I have yet to see a successful assault plan in 6th, so I'd maybe pull back on the Wraiths and Scarabs some.

You're heavy on Warriors, so a Ghost Ark or two could go a long way to maintaining your numbers. Bigger squads with Res Orbs and a Fix-it-Boat behind you could be a super tough objective holder.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 09:41:35 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »
Well, at 2000 points, I can have up to four fast attacks, no problem (double force organisation charts), although you did just make me realise that I need a second HQ

I've tested this list out over the summer and it's been a big challenge for some hard-hitting players. I think some of the power is in the fact that it's unconventional, so I'll explain how it works..

2 Squads in Bastion:
- guys on top operate quad gun for anti-air and anti-troop
- guys inside shoot heavy bolters & imotekh is protected
- bastion itself: bullet magnet. i don't care if everything inside die, it's just to give the opponent something to go for (akbar: "it's a trap!!")

Veil-tek: once the bastion falls (which it ought to), i can teleport imotekh out of there and to another objective -- with 5 warriors.

Wraiths: super deadly. play with them (whip coils) or play against them. you'll see lol -- they have a -great- invulnerable save, -multiple- wounds, -Wraithflight-, etc. they're good for locking c.c. beasts (chaos daemon princes, tyranid monstrous creatures, etc) in close combat. they're not meant to live, just to lock things in close combat. if this doesn't convince you, i recommend you ask other necron players who use wraiths :)

I see your point about the res-lords though: more wounds, or more surviiveability? in my experience, 5 guys almost always die out if bombed. in fact, they're in the night scythes so as to arrive on turn 4 or 5, claim objectives, sit on them (being tough)

Scarabs: take care of AV14 and advance in front of the wraiths

essentially the battle usually goes like this:
- scarabs & wraiths either charge or wait for c.c. armies to arrive within assault range
- opponent charges or shoots at bastion; bastion shoots back and watches the skies
- this goes on until the bastion falls and my army "crumbles"
- at this stage the battle is usually either being fought around my bastion, or my wraiths have wiped out the shooty armies in c.c. (tau, IG are typical)
- opponent feels he's winning if he's a c.c. guy, or is in ruins if he's a shooty army. balanced armies tend to feel like they may/may not have upper hand
- arrive 2 night scythes, claim 2 objectives. imotekh can be teleported anywhere secure denying that victory point

typical game. wins often :)

[mod]Please be more careful posting specific unit stats. ~Kaiju Senso[/mod]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:23:59 PM by Kaiju Senso »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 11:10:25 PM »
To be perfectly blunt, if you're cheating, none of those victories count for diddly. I can take 2000 points to a 1500 point game and whomp the crap out of someone. Doesn't make my list amazing, it makes me a cheater. FOC is balanced for a reason, if you play a list outside that, you're playing an "unconventional" list... because you aren't allowed to play it.

How would any of those games have gone if you hadn't had 4 FA choices? You wouldn't have had as many Wraith units soaking up hits, or you wouldn't have had so many Scarabs to hit vehicles with. Either way, a critical element of your list falls apart, as your opponent only has to deal with one "threat" unit to protect himself from either being bogged down or crippled.

You wouldn't have been able to Veil Immotekh away, or you wouldn't have had the Chrono rerolls.

You've been cheating. When you do that, things tend to be easier on you.

If you want proper critique, make a legal list. Once you've bought your second HQ you'll have to make sacrifices, though you'll at least have a legal list again. You could attach one Cryptek from HQ #1's Royal Court to Immotekh's Warriors, and then attach a Cryptek from Royal Court #2 to the same unit... so long as you take an expensive HQ choice that allows you to take another Royal Court.

You won't be able to afford all the toys you've been playing with, which will make your games more challenging.

You can only have more than the typical number of FA slots if you're using multiple detachments, which has a minimum FOC requirement of 2 HQ and 4 Troops. You're a unit shy, which you've noted. Correct that, and you can get proper critique.

Further, you have 30 Warriors, not 25, and you failed to mention in your list that 10/12 Wraiths have Whip Coils, and 2/12 have Particle Casters, if the points for them are correct. You're charging yourself 5 points less than you should for a Veil-Tek, as the weapon upgrade isn't optional. As such, you're at exactly 2000 points.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:22:48 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 12:09:48 AM »
here's my updated list. i've fixed the mistakes. as you can see i can not only keep all the units i want, but also add a pack of flayed ones. so how i play necrons doesn't really change at all, at 2000 points, except i now have a squad popping up to to tie down a random enemy unit every battle ;) even if they don't assault, it soaks up enemy fire away from the advancing wraiths and scarabs

Fortifications:
bastion quad gun (125)

H.Q. #1:
imotek (225), chronometron (40) & veiltek (60), inside bastion

H.Q. #2:
1 overlord with rez orb (120)
   1 lord with rez orb (75)

Elites:
5x Flayed Ones (65)

Troops #1 to #4:
20x warriors (260)
- 5 on bastion             
- 5 in bastion with imotekh & crypteks
- 10 in night scythe with overlord
 - 2 night scythes (200)

Fast Attack #1:
6 wraiths, 1 with a particle caster (265)

Fast Attack #2:
6 wraiths, 1 with a particle caster (265)

Fast Attack #3 & #4:
10 scarabs (150)
10 scarabs (150)

2000 points
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:14:34 AM by Antaeus »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 06:47:10 AM »
I imagine that part of that has to do with the fact that you haven't charged yourself enough points for your ** 30 ** Troops worth of warriors. [You are actually brining 2130 pts to the table, and thus still cheating. ;) ]

You still haven't accurately represented your Wraiths as having Whip Coils on 5/6 per unit.

Please correct those issues, and you can get proper critique. I'll post a question in the rules board shortly, to see if Royal Court members can cross detachments.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:48:34 AM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 06:38:29 PM »
1. 20 necron warriors:
5 on top of the bastion operating the quad-gun plus 5 inside the bastion with imotekh and his crypteks. then 10 more warriors inside the first night scythe, and 10 more inside the second night scythe.
5+5+10+10 that's 20. 20 models x 13 points each is 260 points -- I don't know how that makes 30 troops worth of warriors -- how do you figure that makes 30 necron warriors?
(in my first list i counted for 25 when i should have counted for 20, so it was still wrong but working against me, rather than in my favour..)

2. 6 wraiths, 5 with whip coils (45 x 5 = 225)  and 1 with a particle caster (40) -- sub-total is 265. Take that squad and multiply it times two -- that's 530 points for the wraiths -- i don't see how that's an inaccurate representation of wraiths as having whipe coils on 5/6 per unit

3. The first royal court: imotekh has 2 crypteks upgraded to two different types of harbingers (one of despair and the other of eternity). no cross-over here..

4. The second royal court: 1 overlord with 1 lord. no cross-over here..

The list is totally legal and all points are accounted for..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:47:05 PM by Antaeus »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 07:34:50 PM »
EDIT: Rephrased response to #1.

1: Are you serious? 5+5+10+10 = 30. Grab a calculator if you don't believe me, or tell me you're joking. 30 x 13 = 390

2: Your list doesn't specify that they have whip coils. Put it in your list. If you want to take this to a tournament, you'll need to accurately specify the upgrades that are taken. The points there are accurate, if you specify "6 Wraiths, 5 with Whip Coils, 1 with Particle Caster [265]".

3: You still can't have two crypteks from the same royal court attached to the same unit, we've been over that already. Doesn't matter if they're different types of Cryptek. Therefore, you must have one cryptek from Detachment "A" attach to the unit of warriors that Immotekh joins, and then you'd need to have a cryptek from Detachment "B" attach to the warriors from Detachment "A"... and I'm not sure if that's legal.

4: Indeed.

Your list, as presented, is not legal, as it is overpoints. I'm going to write the list out in the way I'd suggest you look at it.

Detachment A

125 - Bastion with Quad-gun

CDX - Imotekh {Joins Warriors inside Bastion}
  40  - Royal Court: Harbinger of Eternity with Chronometron {Attaches to Warrriors inside Bastion}

CDX - Flayed Ones [5]

CDX - Warriors [5] {Deploy on top of Bastion}

CDX - Warriors [5] {Deploy inside Bastion.}

265 - Wraiths [6]: 5 with Whip Coils, 1 with Particle Caster

265 - Wraiths [6]: 5 with Whip Coils, 1 with Particle Caster

Detachment B

120 - Necron Overlord: Resurection Orb {Attaches to Warriors in 1st Night Scythe}
125 - Royal Court: Necron Lord: Resurection Orb {Attaches to Warriors in 2nd Night Scythe}
                    Harbinger of Despair: Veil of Darkness {Attaches to Bastion Warriors}

230 – Warriors [10] with Night Scythe

230 – Warriors [10] with Night Scythe

150 – Scarabs [10]

150 – Scarabs [10]

2120 - Total

Again, I'm not sure if the Harbinger of Despair can legally join the Warriors from Detachment A inside the Bastion, but I still need to check rules.

You are overpoints, check them yourself. :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:57:27 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Foxfire

• Necron Lord of 40KO | KoN Veteran
  • Ancient
  • The picture is a werewolf
  • Armies: Necrons and Orks
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »
I will readily admit that I'm getting a massive headache trying to untangle what's going on in this thread, but as for Crypteks and how they work, we're all in agreement that one Cryptek or Lord from each Royal Court can be attached to any given unit.  Since--apart from the many issues you two have been over already--Antaeus does have two Royal Courts, it should be possible for him to take whichever Crypteks he wants to team together as members of separate Royal Courts to enable them to do so, correct?

So, if one Cryptek came from each Royal Court, they could still both be in the same unit, the Lord could go flying off with however many Warriors end up in the Nightscythe, the Overlord could could be in the other Nightscythe with the other group of Warriors, and Imotekh could attach himself to a unit in a Bastion that has two Crypteks--one of his own and one belonging to the standard Overlord--already attached?

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 08:22:09 PM »
I've got a post up in the Rules Board. My gut reaction is NO, but since I can't find a restriction based on detachments the RAW would seem to indicate yes.

I may have raised a non-issue there, and if so I apologise.

The points issue, however, is real, and needs to be dealt with. :)

Offline Foxfire

• Ancient
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 09:00:09 PM »
As mentioned in your rules post, the FAQ seems to indicate yes.  I'll grant you that they wrote that rule in regards to one-detachment forces, but the RAW of the situation makes no mention of detachment separation, just that if you have two, you can apply one from each to the same unit.  Granted, even then Antaeus had two Crypteks both off of Imotekh's Royal Court, so it was still an illegal list, it was just easily fixed.

I concur that the points issue is pretty undeniable and needs to be cleared up thoroughly, with a calculator if need be.  I know there's been some tension on this thread Antaeus, but having a list that's over points can get you kicked out of a tournament straight out, so it's in your best interest to keep your numbers accurate.

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:38 PM »
Yep. I've been a dumb-ass with the warriors thing. Very embarrassing  :o

I'll admit (in my defence.. if that's possible lol) that I came at this with a list that I threw together which quickly represented the general gist of what I had been doing over the summer, so when it came time to put it all down 'on paper' it was really rough,..

Perhaps I should've just threw the strategy on the table, rather than a list. that would've simplified things

in any case, what I was originally hoping for was a review of the general way that I play Necrons given the list. That is: bait opponent into rushing the bastion, either coil like a snake around it if they're a close combat army, or sweep forward if they're a shooty army.

once the wraiths and scarabs have done their work (and pretty much all dead), then the warriors and HQ units teleport/land on objective markers, and my warlord is teleported to a safe location and/or an objective marker

i played a lot of games over the summer but we were always 'just throwing lists together'. in the end, this was the one way of playing that won the most battles for me, which is why i wanted the critique

thanks for helping it become legal haha :)

Now, the proper list:

Fortifications:
bastion quad gun (125)

H.Q. #1:
imotek (225) inside bastion; joins warriors and crypteks inside bastion
   chronometron (40) & veiltek(60); linked to 5 warriors inside bastion

H.Q. #2:
1 overlord with rez orb (120)
   1 lord with rez orb (75)

Troops #1 to #4:
25x warriors (325)
- 5 on bastion             
- 5 in bastion with crypteks; imotekh joins the squad as an indepedent character
- 10 in night scythe with overlord in night scythe
- 5 in night scythe with lord in night scythe
- 2 night scythes (200)

Fast Attack #1:
6 wraiths; 5 with whip coils, 1 with a particle caster (265)

Fast Attack #2:
6 wraiths; 5 with whip coils, 1 with a particle caster (265)

Fast Attack #3 & #4:
10 scarabs (150)
10 scarabs (150)

2000 points
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note: in my view, it should be like this:

H.Q. #1:
imotek (225) with royal court: chronometron (40) & veiltek(60); royal court with imotekh joins 5 warriors inside the bastion

that's my interpretation of the wording on page 90 of the codex
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:38:50 PM by Antaeus »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 06:44:33 AM »
I'm not sure how you're seeing "Only one member of the Royal Court can join each unit in this manner." As allowing you to attach two members of the same Court to the same unit. Note, that only specific units may be joined.

Check the Necron FAQ, second to last point. That's what clarifies that you can attach members from different Courts to the same unit.

If you're going to take your list to a tournament, it should be organized more in the way I presented it... with specific point values put in. The list you have doesn't specify organization of your units, and will cost you points / get you disqualified. You have to list every unit properly IE. Cryptek with Harbinger of Destruction upgrade, and Veil of Darkness. Veiltek doesn't cut it.

To the list itself, you run the risk that any "low troops" list has, which is a clever opponent will focus on your troops. He doesn't need to get that close to blow up the bastion, only fire with Lascannons / Lances until it falls down... and the guys inside take a heck of a beating for it. The guys on top too, when they take falling damage.

Heck, even a sacrificial Melta squad deep strikes down beside your Bastion and you're in trouble.

I think you'd have a tough time against TEQ heavy lists, and long range shooty lists that can afford to "speed bump" your assault units.

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »
Edit-->Please don't directly post any rules from Games Workshop.  Citing that a ruling appears in the FAQ should suffice.  Thank you~

So I can do it like this: My crypteks come from the Royal Court of the Overlord, and he gives them to the Warriors inside the Bastion. Next, I have Imotekh join the unit of Warriors (along with the Crypteks) inside the bastion, as an Independent Character -- correct?

The way I see this strategy working is dependent on 2 things: (1) the 20 Warriors in the 2 flyers claiming objectives (with back-up possible from Imotekh's Warrior and Cryptek group) and (2) ensuring the survival of my warlord (denying a victory point).

Whatever happens to all other models (including the bastion) doesn't matter -- they're all just distractions. That being said, if a melta team can take out the bastion, that's fine -- they've committed their attention to where I want them to (because they still can't touch the units in the flyers which are the prize). I agree that the bastion crumbling does make the crypteks vulnerable, but as long as at least 1 warrior is with imotekh "they" can still be used to claim an objective

In my view this list is most weak against anti-flyer lists. For me the focus of all my attacks would be on any/all anti-flyer models and weapons (such as quad-guns and icarus lascannons)

I don't know if this counts as a TEQ list, but 6 flying daemon princes and hoardes of bloodletters deal really poorly against this list. likewise, i've played against imperial guard and tau (especially a lot against tau), and they can't cope because as soon as even 3 wraiths get into close combat, their entire fire-line is in a panick and slowly dies (not to mention that i've played entire games where i completely ignore riptides or engage them with a few scarabs)

That being said, how would you change the list? How would you change the strategy? I'm most concerned about having a balanced list that has a fair chance against all
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:33:46 PM by Foxfire »

Offline Foxfire

• Ancient
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 06:46:55 PM »
Hmm...I'm not as accustomed to 6th edition yet as I'd like to be, but some issues do come up upon hearing your explanation.

First, the way Crypteks work is that you take them in a Royal Court, and any Royal Court can dedicate one of its members to any given Warrior, Immortal, Lychguard or Deathmark unit.  So no single RC can dedicate two Crypteks to a unit.  Rather, if you took an RC with one Cryptek for Imotekh, and another RC with one Cryptek for your Overlord, then you could attach both Crypteks to the same unit.  As a free-operating independent character, either Imotekh or the Overlord could then join the unit separately.

Alternatively, the Royal Court can remain as a unit unto itself.  If this is the case, Imotekh or another Overlord can attach to the Royal Court just like it could any other unit, but because the Royal Court is actually its own unit, you cannot attach it (as a whole) to another squad.

So, basically: you either keep a multi-Cryptek Royal Court together and operate it as its own squad the same way you'd operate a Warrior unit or an Immortal unit, or you break it up into squad leaders that are then attached as characters to friendly squads.

As for some of the other things...

Claiming two objectives with your two flying Warrior units shouldn't be that much of a gimme...a lot of other lists will be able to claim multiple objectives, so I don't think you can afford to say that whatever happens to the rest of your army doesn't matter.  As for Wraiths, I think it's a pretty sad Tau or IG list that can't handle three Wraiths reaching them.  The rules being what they are, you're likely to rip through an enemy unit and then get caught in the open in the ensuing shooting phase.  Even if your Wraiths don't clear the enemy squad in the initial charge, there's still a 50% chance that down the road they'll walk away from the melee at just the wrong time to avoid being shot to death.  I'm not sure who you've been playing that three Wraiths can slowly kill an entire army of IG or Tau, especially with what I've been hearing about new anti-charge Tau rules?

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »
So I can do it like this: My crypteks come from the Royal Court of the Overlord, and he gives them to the Warriors inside the Bastion. Next, I have Imotekh join the unit of Warriors (along with the Crypteks) inside the bastion, as an Independent Character -- correct?

No. That is wrong. Please read Foxfire's post, and then pg 90 of the Necron book. It's very clear. No more than one member of a particular Royal Court can attach to a limited list of unit types. Royal Court A can contribute a member to a Warrior Squad #2. Royal Court B can contribute a member to Warrior Squad #2. Any Independent Character can attach to nearly any squad, such as Warrior Squad #2. That's the only legal way to do it.

The way I see this strategy working is dependent on 2 things: (1) the 20 Warriors in the 2 flyers claiming objectives (with back-up possible from Imotekh's Warrior and Cryptek group) and (2) ensuring the survival of my warlord (denying a victory point).

Except that now you only have 15 Warriors in Flyers... and if those flyers are shot down before the troops deploy, they're walking on from your board edge. If you deploy early, it's simple to wipe out a 5 man squad of anything. Even 5 Terminators are pretty easy to deal with at 2000 pts. Warriors aren't Terminators.

Whatever happens to all other models (including the bastion) doesn't matter -- they're all just distractions. That being said, if a melta team can take out the bastion, that's fine -- they've committed their attention to where I want them to (because they still can't touch the units in the flyers which are the prize). I agree that the bastion crumbling does make the crypteks vulnerable, but as long as at least 1 warrior is with imotekh "they" can still be used to claim an objective

That's the thing... once the bastion is taken out, you're going to suffer casualties. 5 man squads are now 3 or 4 man squads. Very easy to take out those troops before they have a chance to zip away. And then you don't have anything holding a home objective.

I don't know if this counts as a TEQ list, but 6 flying daemon princes and hoardes of bloodletters deal really poorly against this list. likewise, i've played against imperial guard and tau (especially a lot against tau), and they can't cope because as soon as even 3 wraiths get into close combat, their entire fire-line is in a panick and slowly dies (not to mention that i've played entire games where i completely ignore riptides or engage them with a few scarabs)

TEQ is short for Terminator-EQuivalent. Something with the best possible saving throw. Often packing powerful close combat weaponry. You don't have anything to punch through that, especially on an army wide level. For a "Take All Comers" list, that's a notable failing.

Also, you have nothing to take on Flyers, other than your own flyers and a Quad-gun. AV 12 Flyers are going to be a nightmare for you to deal with. Your Scarabs and Wraiths are going to be useless against flyer spam. Even fast skimmers can avoid them.

My suggestions would be to use smaller squads of Scarabs and Wraiths... there are soooo many points tied up in those. I'd also want larger Troop units, since 5 man squads are pretty fragile. At 2000 points, it shouldn't be hard to wipe small squads in a single round of shooting, preventing Reanimation. [I think?]

Annihilation Barges are so good for their points, I can't imagine an "actively competitive" list using less than two.