flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 103606 times)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1260 on: May 19, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
I have got to say Cavalier that I really admire your work ethic. Seeing all that gold across all of the models makes me wonder how you keep yourself so upbeat and motivated all of the time.

All of the models are striking but my favourite is Ahriman. I really like how you stressed the cloth over the underlying greaves of the model. Such attention to detail is staggering.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | I killed Dayan and all I got was this stupid rock...
  • Global Moderator
  • Soņando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Globals do not play 40K
« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »
I was so mesmerised by the paint job that I overlooked that the first model is indeed Ahriman.  He looks terrific on that disc and the way that red flows down those robes is superb.  What is it about you and red Cavalier :)?
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Renegade Autarch
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1262 on: May 20, 2017, 07:20:36 AM »
@Alienscar- Thanks so much Alienscar. Thats a really, really nice compliment and I truly appreciate it bud. Yeah the gold sure was a grind, especially by the time I got through the 20x Rubrics and to the 10x Terminators, but I had a deadline and I was working with one of the big bosses so I really just wanted to power through it and do a good job. I was definitely getting burned out, but once I got to those Sorcerors I got re-inspired big time. They have big areas of open surface where you can really go to town with the brush and a wider range of colors which was super fun to work with. Anyway thanks so much Alienscar, glad you liked the stress areas on the robes... that was the funnest part. Using reds, purples and pinks was super fun. Anyway bud thanks a lot I appreciate it

@Irisado- lol... no worries Irisado! Yeah that Aehriman model is INSANE! I was so stoked to paint him up... I always loved the original and I was really excited to paint the new one. The Chaos characters are so iconic and I really wanted to make this guy special. I know about the red... I was laughing to myself when I started doing the red because it was precisely when I started doing the red on Magnus and the Sorcerors that I got re-inspired... I know you were joking but I do get amped up to show off whenever I get to paint red models lol! Anyway thanks so much Irisado. Super glad you like Aehriman I really wanted him to be a showcase model, so your praise really, really means a lot. Thanks as always for your great feedback its always very inspiring. Thanks  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:22:10 AM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1263 on: May 20, 2017, 02:25:03 PM »
Amazing work as always Cav. You've really worked wonders with a fairly limited palette. The pinks in particular are sublime, but I also love the blues of the armour.

Fantastic stuff, you can be rightly proud of that commission and I hope the customer is pleased too.

Now get back to work on your own models!!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Renegade Autarch
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1264 on: May 21, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
@Looshkin- Thanks so much my friend. Really glad you like the pinks. I wasn't sure it was gonna work, but once I tested it and it looked good, I'm really glad I rolled with it. I'm definitely hoping the client is happy. I've gotten any feedback! Anyway thanks my friend... and yes I'm back at work on my own models and working feverishly! Check it out!

@Everybody- Hey gang back at it with my own models! Thanks Asuryan! I'm working feverishly to work on my own stuff before the next project rolls in. So I just finished re-working my Fire Dragons and then I'm gonna touch-up my other unit of Jetbikes. Eventually I'm gonna re-do 2 of my Dire Avenger squads as well. Its been SO fun giving these guys a bit of a lift in the painting department. I want everything looking spiffy for 8th edition.

However, after touching up the Jetbikes I'm moving on full blast to World Eaters! The other units will have to wait. First up is the Storm Eagle... but after that....

Hell yeah! I'm comitted to these dudes regardless of how good they are! Warp Talons or Raptors I've not decided... but Reece was saying how awesome jump infantry are in the new game so I decided to bite the dang bullet!

Alright guys... I've got a bat-rep in the works for you. So stay tuned for that! Regular readers are in for some laughs... so stay tuned!!!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-dann

• Pointy ears forever!!
  • Armies: Eldar, Space Wolves, Nids and Dark Bloods
« Reply #1265 on: May 21, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
Niiiiice!
Good choice with the blackish background as well, Cavalier. The khorne red actually looks bright. Do you strip the models, then repaint them, or just give them another, very thin, coat.
Looking forward to seeing your style on those jumping Chaos models. We know you'll do them justice.

Personally, I've always thought the jump packs look top heavy with the running legs. I swap them with Grey Hunter torsos. The JP troop look balanced in their fighting stances, and the GH's look like their charging. Especially with the snarling faces. With your job and hoppy, mate, you must do nothing but eat, sleep and paint.   
Crikey Moses! Haven't been a Junior Member Since high school

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1266 on: Yesterday at 07:08:04 PM »
Those Dragons are looking stunning Cav :) great to see them with a new lease of life as they were always one of my favourites.

Can't wait to see what you do with the Raptors/Warp Talons. I must admit they're a bit blingy for me all told, but I've found great use for a lot of the bits they came with livening up more plain designs :) can't wait to see what you do with them.
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!