News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Missiles and flyers....  (Read 1021 times)

Offline The Reborn

• I'm being out-gunned by a darn Carnifex....
  • Armies: Eldar, Harlequins.
Missiles and flyers....
« on: January 26, 2016, 05:19:08 AM »
Hi all,

I'm asking on the behalf of a friend who has recently started playing Blood Angels.  He's gotten hold of a Storm Raven and is a little unsure about firing his weapons.  He knows he can fire 4 of them per turn, but doesn't know what is classified as a weapon exactly.....and I'm not sure what to tell him either. :-\

For instance, let's say he shoots his nose weapon (Multi melta), that's 1.  He shoots his top turret (lascannon), that's 2.  He has I think, 4 missiles and 2 hurricane bolter sponsons.  If he chooses to shoot missiles, how many can he now fire to make up the remaining 2 he's allowed to fire?

Do the sponsons count as 1 each, are the missiles also 1 each?

If so, will this also be the same for tyranid tentaclid missiles?

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Missiles and flyers....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 07:15:21 AM »
The best way to tell is to look at the stats for the weapons.  For the Hurricane Bolters, it says that the sponson is 3 Twin-Linked Bolters; not 6 Twin-Linked in two sponsons.  So the Hurricanes are two weapons.

As for the missiles, the answer is in the stats as well.  The weapon type says they are one use only.  If they were one weapon system with the name of "4 <such and such> Missiles," with the one use only rule you would still only get one shot out of them.  So with that reasoning, the missiles are clearly individual weapons as well.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The Reborn

• I'm being out-gunned by a darn Carnifex....
  • Armies: Eldar, Harlequins.
Re: Missiles and flyers....
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:17:06 AM »
OK,  that's great,  thanks GML.  :)