News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Most Underrated Unit?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Andes

• Elder Sign
Most Underrated Unit?
« on: July 21, 2002, 11:54:45 AM »
Continuing the tradition of "The Best/Worst/.." threads, I ask you: What is the most underrated Space Marine unit?

While I'm tempted to say Bikes (if I use them, and keep disciplined -- not rushing them into battle, instead using them as a harassing, flanking force -- they do well by me), my vote would have to be for Scouts w/Hvy Bolter. Every time I've played these guys they've done great. They infiltrate, deal reliable and consistant damage to the enemy, and are inconspicuous enough to not draw immediate fire.

Andy

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
Re:Most Underrated Unit?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 04:39:39 AM »
For me it's the Typhoon Landspeeder.

A lot of people dismiss it because it has it's own 'weaker' missile launcher system, but I find it's fantastic as some long-ranged fire support that has some serious maneauverability.  The only trick is to keep it moving around at the back - never rush it up front - that's what the Tornado is for!  ;D

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 08:51:22 AM »
for me its got ot be the old rhino tank

they have very very weak fire power and also they can be destroyed by and gun
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Offline xv15.

« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2002, 12:39:21 PM »
the dreadnaught! i have 2 of these bad boys and in no game have both of them been destroyed! they perform very well and are fairly priced in points
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.