News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2,000pts Mechinized comming back into the game.  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
  • Thousands of troops one goal.
  • Armies: IG, DKOK, TAU, SM
2,000pts Mechinized comming back into the game.
« on: April 21, 2014, 04:35:28 PM »
I took a bit of a break from the game back when the new rulebook came out. I was a bit disheartened when my Warlord that was about 90% done no longer had any rules and found out that it will probably never have rules now since GW's new stance on only rules for models they make.

Well anyway here is my 2k list. Its 2k on the dot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Company Command Squad   (Melta gun   x2, Flamer   x2)
   Chimera   

Infantry Platoon      
Platoon Command Squad (Melta gunx2, Flamerx)
   Chimera (Stubber)

5x Infantry Squad(Flamer, Autocannon)
   Chimera (Stubber)

2x Heavy Weapons Squad (Missile Launcher   w/ Flakk)

2x Vet Squad (Melta Gun x 3, Shotguns, Demolitions)
   Chimera   

Hellhound (Stubber)

2x Russ MBT         
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I played a 1.5k game earlier with a similar list and it did well. I had more Russes as it was faster for me to build a list since I owned the book for about 1 hour before I played a game.

Command Squads:
I have come to like the dual melta/flamer combo in the command squads. A bit of max/min for firepower especially from the top hatch. I used to run 4 plasma w/ plasma pistol on the CCs to monster/med armor killing but with the 2 fire ports on the chimera I would go with my preferred PCS setup. Any suggestions here would be good.

Line squads:
This is really similar to my old standby for a guard list. I have a large firebase with the infantry platoon. Lots and lots of dakka to glance to death other armies or just put out the volume of fire needed to bring down big nasties. If/when I need to move I can still toast people with the flame templates.

Heavy weapon teams:
This is a new one for me. I normally don't like the idea of missile launchers but the addition of flakk makes them a viable AA weapon. I would hope that the 2 missile launcher teams are not a high priority for the other player with the wall of armor facing them. I would have gone to hydra but it seems to loose out but I could put 3 hydras in for the cost of 2 ML teams. What do what would you do? There is 240 points here, do I really need any dedicated AA now?

Vet teams:
The vets are the same as what I used to run. They are not as smooth as they used to be going full speed spinning around and dumping out the pain but I think they are still successful.

Hellhound:
I have always loved the hellhound. Being able to control a long range flame template has always been a huge bonus to me.

Russes:
What can I say 2 stock Russes to throw out some pies.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:44:39 PM by Lt_PliskinAJ »