News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pts Flesh Eater Courts vs Chaos  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
1500pts Flesh Eater Courts vs Chaos
« on: February 25, 2018, 06:25:08 PM »
Spooky Malign Portants game today at the store.

We played the battleplan called "Dark Omens".

Dawn of war style deployment, and each player has one objective in the center of their territory. Scoring was at the end of your player turn, 3vp per objective you control.

Also, we were using the Portants and Omens as part of the Malign Portants. In this mission, each player had 3 Prophecy Points for every 500pts in their army per battle round. So, each battle round we had 9pp to spend on our portants and omens.

My force was following the Portant of the Bloodied Skull, while the Chaos force followed the portant of the Black Void. We didn't use the realm of death rules, to keep things a bit simple. Basically, each portant has six 'signs', which are extra abilies a hero can use once per turn, each costing between 1-5pp.

Additionally, if one of your heros is within 3" of an objective, you can spend up to 3pp to get that many extra Vp's.

The armies.

Flesh Eater Courts

Dellusion: Feast Day

Ghoul King on Terrogiest: Grim Garland

Vargulf Courtier

Crypt Haunter Courtier: General, Dark Wizardry, Splintervien Broach

Crypt Ghouls x20

Crypt Horror x3

Crypt Horror x3

Crypt Flayer x3

Battalion- Abbatoire

Chaos

Lord of Change: Chaos Talisman

Exhaulted Deathbringer

Slaughterpriest

Bloodlettersx10

Plaugebearers x10

Nurgling x3

Flamers x3

Exhaulted flamer

Wraithmongers x5

Blood Reavers x20

So, my thoughts going into this game.

1) Wraithmongers are going to be the biggest issue, as if I kill them in melee, they'd make me kill myself.

2) This mission will be easy to draw. I'd need to at least contest his objective for a turn in order to win.

Deployment

Ghouls in front, flayers to my left.

For him, wrathmongers and bloodreavers to my left, bloodletters to my right, the rest in the middle.

I finished deployinhg first, so I gave chaos the first turn.

T1

Chaos advanced towards me, but was too far away to really do anything. He spent 3pp, to get 6vp at the end of his turn for controlling one objective.

I sent one unit of Crypt Horrors on my right flank, to stop the blood letters, Ghouls and a unit of Crypt horrors went up the center (Haunter controlling my objective), while the King, Vargulf and Flayers went up my left. The King Advanced, to get closer to the Bloodreavers.

I charged the Vargulf and Flayers into the bloodreavers, killing most of the unit, and the rest crumbling from battleshock. I spent 3pp to get my extra 3vps.

Chaos 6vp, FEC 6vp.

T2

I won initiative, so I went first.

This was a critical turn for me. On my right flank, Crypt Horrors charged the bloodletters, which would be seriosly outclassed. Flayers and King charged the Wraithmongers (after killing one with shrieks), and the vargulf charged the Wraithmongers and exhaulted flamer.

Bloodletters lost 6/10 models, and wounded a Horror. The other combat was hilarious.

Ghoul King strikes first, and kills the remaing 4 wraithmongers. Wraithmongers makes the King and flayers attack eachother. Ghoul King kills the Vargulf, and the flayers do a couple of wounds to themselves. Ghoul king then successfully feeding-frenzies, piles into the exhaulted flamer and Slaughterpriest, dropping the priest to one wound.

Flayers pile into the slaughterpriest, kill him, and then too feeding frenzy into the lord of change, dealing four wounds to it.

So, at the end of the combat, the flayers and the king each attacked three times in the combat phase (although, one of those times was against my own side lol).

Ghouls charge the nurglings, and are stuck there the rest of the game.

6vp.

Chaos T2/T3

The chaos won initiative for round 3, so I'll do both of the turns together.

The main focus was killing he Ghoul King, and he shot everything and cast all his spells into killing it. It took two full turns, and charging in the Exhaulted Deathbringer, and Plaugebearers. The death of the Terrogiest took the Exhaulted Deathbringer with it.

Plaugebearers and flamers end up getting sucked into combat with the ghouls, which causes the flamers to be pulled down. Otherwise, the combat is a stailmate. Horrors kill the bloodletters, and the lord of change finishes off the flayers.

In my turn 3, one unit of horrors kills the exhaulted flamer, while the other unit is restored by the Haunter Courtier.

End of T3 score

Chaos 15 (as he took a hero off his objective turn 2) to Death 18

T4

I won initative again.

One unit of horros charges the Lord of Change, the other charges the Plaugebearers. Lord of change takes a bunch of wounds from the Horrors, the plaugebearers are crippled by the other unit of horrors. At the end of my turn, I control both objectives and spend 3pp to get 9vps.

Lord of change kills 2/3 horrors it's fighting, but he cannoyt get my other unit of Horrors from contesting his objective.

T5

At this point, the game is pretty much decided. The Lord of Change eventually kills off all the horrors, reclaiming his objective, but not beforer I control his objective for a second time.

end score

36pts for Death, and 21pts for Chaos. I then voted for my option in the Malign Portants campaign after the game :).

There were a few mistakes my opponent made, but I felt the two forces were fairly equally matched. There was a few oppertunities my opponent had to either contest/control my objective, or snipe out my heros, limiting how many points I could get. Otherwise, the game went pretty well. Loosing my Vargulf to my own Ghoul King hurt, but the king was my MVP.

Thanks for reading!

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: 1500pts Flesh Eater Courts vs Chaos
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »
Congrats on the win, Kilersquid!
I think that's the first time I've seen the Chaos NOT be the most grotesque on the table. A nice easy read, mate. Thank you for sharing... Be well!

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 07:30:54 PM »
Congrats on the win, Kilersquid!
I think that's the first time I've seen the Chaos NOT be the most grotesque on the table. A nice easy read, mate. Thank you for sharing... Be well!

What do you mean grotesque? This is the royal army of King Moash! Can't you tell by their shining weapons, and colourful tabards?  ;)

In Age of Sigmar, the ghouls of the Flesh Eater Courts see themselves as men at arms, for a great lord, not as the mutants they really are.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 10:16:59 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry, commander of the King Moash army. I didn't read the report with my glasses on... Aaaah NOW I see men at arms before me :o.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 08:48:35 AM »
It looks as though it was a close game, so congratulations on your victory.  I was impressed by how much damage your forces dealt in melée combat against Chaos, especially considering how my Vampire Counts army was totally mangled by my friend's Chaos force during my one and only game of Age of Sigmar.  I think that demonstrates the relative strength of Ghouls in close combat compared to many other undead units.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 02:23:29 PM »
It looks as though it was a close game, so congratulations on your victory.  I was impressed by how much damage your forces dealt in melée combat against Chaos, especially considering how my Vampire Counts army was totally mangled by my friend's Chaos force during my one and only game of Age of Sigmar.  I think that demonstrates the relative strength of Ghouls in close combat compared to many other undead units.

Thanks,yeah missions like this are tough, with only two objectives with scoring per turn. Loosing your objective for one turn,is something you can't always come back from.

Death got a big boost in the legions of Nagash book (especially if you want to play mixed death). Flesh Eaters are not part of the Nagash book, but have a lot of internal synergies.

I also play an elite army. My Ghoul King on terrogiest is 1/3 of my list, and three crypt horrors are almost the same cost as 20 ghouls. So I have a small number of hard hitting units.

I use the ghouls to tarpit, while the haunter and vargulf resurrect dead models. The flayers are fast and support the king (together they can kill a 20-30 man unit quick.

The real punch are the crypt horrors,who are fast, tough and pack a lot of damage. Only issue is that flesh eaters don't have a lot of rend, so high armour saves I have trouble going through. Especially once the king inevitably dies.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:01:27 PM »
Congrats on the win Killersquid!  It’s great to see another AoS player enjoying the game, and shaping the narrative to boot!  :)

I’ve got to get the MP book myself, to see what’s happening.  Damn my £300 car repair bill!  :P

• Ancient
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 07:12:51 AM »
Congrats on the win Killersquid!  It’s great to see another AoS player enjoying the game, and shaping the narrative to boot!  :)

I’ve got to get the MP book myself, to see what’s happening.  Damn my £300 car repair bill!  :P

It's a cool book. It's mostly just rules for narrative play in the campaign, but the rules are pretty cool. And it has loads of missions, and even skirmish support!

Thanks for reading. I'll post more bat reps as I get to them. I'm also planning to meet with a buddy of mine this weekend who does video reports on you tube, so I'll share those once they are posted.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria