News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: combined arms detachment question.  (Read 1461 times)

Offline greenman18

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
combined arms detachment question.
« on: February 18, 2015, 10:21:28 PM »
Hi,
    newish player with a question, if i use a combined arms detachment the max heavy support i can have is three right? BUT can i also take a Necron formation detachment with the annihilation nexus which is basically another three heavy's?

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: combined arms detachment question.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 12:40:20 AM »
Correct, there is no limit to how many detachments you can have in an army, so you don't even need to use a necron formation for it.  You could do two Combined Arms provided you have enough HQ and Troops to be viable.

And welcome to 40kOnline!  Always nice to see new blood showing up!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline greenman18

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:15:38 PM »
Cheers mate for the reply :)

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 02:01:07 PM »
Note that some tournaments or local groups will have rules regarding how many detachments and formations you can have from  how many different books, so you may want to consult with your local players to see if any such rules are in place. 

In fact, you should see what house rules they use in general.  Most groups tend to have one set of house rules or another in 7th edition.