News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aurics Pride's Projects- Corsairs, Raven Guard, Daemons and now Dark Eldar!  (Read 74240 times)

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Prince Finniatann's Warband (Also known as another Corsair thread...)
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2017, 07:02:25 PM »
Master class, Auric!
The splattered effect on the talons is unique and so nice. Pull the lever back to let the paint through first, then press down for the air? They are going to look amazing when they're finished... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #301 on: September 13, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
Thanks guys!

@Cav- Cheers bro, as always your kind words mean a lot! Funnily enough I did have that thought when reading through the new Lucius book and there is a section where the Emperor's Children are fighting against some World Eaters and your World Eaters were the first that came to my mind! Shame you are on the wrong continent, that would be ace!

@Saim-Dann- I've got to be honest, I'd love to claim credit but that splattered effect is what you get when you don't clean your airbrush correctly and the needle gets clogged! I don't think I thinned my paint down correctly when doing the blue and unfortunately it ended up like that! I thought I'd just own it and stick with it but I don't really like it so I am thinking that I may just respray them when I get some time, saying that...... You can barely see it in the flesh, it's only under the light of a flash bulb that it's so obvious! haha

Unfortunately I am expecting to have a really busy next few days so the updates are going to be at a minimum, I really want to get these bits completed by the end of the month for when I am expecting to get my big Forgeworld order!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »
Hi, Aurics Pride!
I think the splattered effect looks mean as. Find a race in the 40K universe that has blue blood and glue some of their body parts onto the bases. Even if it was an accident, mate, now you know how to create that effect if needed. Bricks, blood splattered walls and white paint onto a black surface for that star clustered space look... Be well!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2017, 07:57:26 AM »
I am on the wrong dang continent. I'd love to make the sacred journey to mother Europe sometime in the future. If I do you can be sure I'll hit you up
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2017, 12:55:24 PM »
I am on the wrong dang continent. I'd love to make the sacred journey to mother Europe sometime in the future. If I do you can be sure I'll hit you up

Cav, if you ever manage to get over here I'll book us a table at Warhammer world! Make it a truly epic game!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #305 on: September 21, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »
Hey Guys!
So I finally got some new photography toys so have been able to get a few proper photos again.
Here is my finished Warp Talons:
DSC_3233 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr
DSC_3234 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr
I'm still not happy with the paint splatter on the claws but I have decided to leave it for the moment as it'll take some work to re-do them and I have just had notification of a large quantity of toys inbound that I am going to be needing to convert and paint!  ;D
I've also done a test model for a standard Chaos Marine (and a bit more airbrush practice)
DSC_3252 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr
DSC_3253 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr

I am hoping for some pretty big updates over the course of the next few weeks as long as I am able to get some painting done! Hopefully will try and get a few more games in, will need the practice ready for the tournament in November which I think I am going to be taking my Emperor's Children for!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #306 on: September 21, 2017, 08:27:40 AM »
Nice work. I love the skull over the gun barrel. Are you planning on taking the gold over to the backpack as well? I think it would help make the model more cohesive.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #307 on: September 21, 2017, 12:46:10 PM »
Yeah these guys are a great foil to Cav's World Eaters :) really nice work!
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #308 on: September 21, 2017, 01:57:32 PM »
Fantastic stuff my friend. I just love the look of these dudes. I love all your color choices my friend. The test-Marine is look great too. My only advice would be to give a dry brush over the hair to knock the color up again. I'm working on purple hair on my Ynnari commission at the moment and I think it really helps. (though maybe you did and its just not showing in the photo). Also the photo setup is SICK too. Love the ruins and the black background. KILLER! Your posts are killing it at the moment brother. Keep rocking!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2017, 05:39:48 AM »
Cheers guys!
@Dog_Of_War- Cheers bud, the model is from my old Iron Warriors army and the Melta Gun was one of the bits from their upgrade kit. I'm not sure on the Backpack at the moment, For most of the Noise Marines I am going to be using the Kakophani from Forgeworld so not the Chaos Backpacks. Once I have the Kakophani built I am probably going to do a test and see what I think.

@Ynnead- Cheers bud, I wanted to try and get them pretty different to Cav's guys. Hopefully one day we can get a picture of them together!

@Cav- Thanks bud, as always your comments mean a lot! I think going a bit brighter on the hair is a good idea, I used a similar technique and colours to what I have used for the Daemonettes and the tentacles etc on my Knight/Land Raider.

@Everybody
I was going to provide a Bat-rep for my most recent Emperor's Children test game but to be honest it was an absolute slaughter so it wouldn't have made for great reading. I faced off against a mostly Primaris marine army and only lost a Daemon Prince, 5x Warp Talons and a handful of Cultists out of my 2000pt list...... I tabled my opponent. Twin Heldrakes did a huge amount of work and the Noise Marines managed to do a decent amount of damage this time. I kept Lucius with my Noise Marine units and that re-rolling 1s makes such a huge difference.

I have received my Kakophani now so will be building and converting these guys over the next couple of weeks. I will of course be providing some WIP updates as I go through them.

I also bought something that I've wanted to paint for quite some time. It won't be used for gaming purposes but mainly as a challenge for my painting abilities and something to sit on my shelf!
I thought that rather than doing a full WIP for it I'd suggest a little game.........

Everytime I post an update for my other stuff I will post up a sneak peak (like the GW rumour mill) and everyone commenting on the post gets a single guess as to what it is, if anyone gets it right then I will start doing a full WIP for it following that post......
Here is the first one:
20170924_103800 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr
(I didn't say that they'd be easy......)

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2017, 07:54:09 AM »
Great work AP! Loving those Warp Talons and it seems you're putting together a very impressive Emperor's Children force. I would, however, agree with Cav that in 1 or 2 places, such as the hair, an extra highlight would do wonders for the model.

Also, it's Fulgrim. Give me my WiPs!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2017, 08:14:11 AM »
G'day Auric!
A very well hung marine.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2017, 08:39:47 AM »
Awwww yeah. Nice victor AP. A slaughter is always good to add to your list of wins. Glad the Helldrakes pulled their weight. Was it in combat or with shooting? Anyway congrats my man! As for the sneak peak... I shall remain silent! But make sure to keep us posted!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #313 on: September 24, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »
Haha I definitely thought it would last longer than that!
Nicely done Loosh, I've gotta ask.... How did you guess it from just that?!?!

@Cav- It was both shooting and combat to be honest, they didn't do huge damage (not like they used to) but I think he was just so worried about them that he poured a lot of fire into them. They did manage to take out a unit of Lascannon centurions on the first turn though which was pretty clutch.

Well since Loosh has managed to guess it first guess here he is (in all his currently headless glory)
2017-09-24_02-15-32 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr
I am going to take my time on this model (for once....) and will be painting up inbetween doing my Noise Marines ready for the tournament in November.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #314 on: September 24, 2017, 09:29:25 AM »
Sorry to spoil the fun AP, but I'm too stoked to see some work on this guy! It's a terrific model and I'm sure you'll do it justice.

As for how I guessed...well you're on a massive Slaanesh bent at the moment, there are marine legs on the base and I figured that if you were only painting it for display purposes and not gaming...well, the Horus Heresy character range is about the most display-worthy set of pieces that I've seen. It genuinely took only about 5 seconds of joining the dots mentally and then 15 seconds to check my working over on the Forge World site!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Orange

« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2017, 04:06:03 AM »
Really nice work, I never really thought of purple and blue as a colour combination, but it works really well. I'm looking forward to seeing the big guy painted.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #316 on: October 2, 2017, 12:26:27 PM »
Haha fair play Loosh, I guess it wasn't too much of a shocking choice!

Thanks Orange, I did it as a bit of a test and wasn't sure at first but once I had finished I was a much bigger fan.

@Everybody-
A bit more of an update for today. I have finished my Helturkeys, there may be a couple of little touch ups if I decide to but currently happy with sticking these down on the table.
DSC_4059 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr

I also painted up Lucius The Eternal today (did some intensive painting on this guy!)
DSC_4063 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr
DSC_4064 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr

And made a start on Fulgrim! as you can see I've attempted some Zenithal highlighting on this model, It's what I have been doing on my recent infantry but hoping for a bit more of a stark contrast.
DSC_4066 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr
DSC_4067 by Richard Mcmanus, on Flickr

For future plans I have received the bulk of my conversion pieces for my Noise Marines but unfortunately there was a mistake with my order and I am missing a couple of very important pieces! Work has been delayed on these but in the mean time I will be painting up Fulgrim and also hopefully making a start on some Obliterator conversions using a box of Primaris Aggressors that I picked up last week!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #317 on: October 2, 2017, 02:44:15 PM »
Looking super awesome AP. Those Helldrakes are a thing of beauty. The silver trim was the CLUTCH choice. Really gives them a majestic look and those blue tongues... love it! Lucius is look phenomenal too, at least as far as the model goes. You really did upgrade the look of it to a huge extent. With that paint job its definitley worthy visually to be leading the force. Also Fulgrim is off to a very good start. Can't wait to see the finished product my friend. You are killing this project thus far. Keep it up bud you are doing great!

Offline Orange

« Reply #318 on: October 2, 2017, 11:04:10 PM »
+1 to the trim on the Helldrake, looks stunning and must have been really time consuming and fiddly. Well worth it I think!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #319 on: October 5, 2017, 02:03:36 AM »
As the Kool-aid guy says, Oh yeah!
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword