News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: World of Warplanes goes to beta  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
World of Warplanes goes to beta
« on: May 22, 2012, 11:50:36 AM »
Closed Beta Announced | News | World of Warplanes

Yay for all you folks who aren't in the alpha yet!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
Re: World of Warplanes goes to beta
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:04:36 AM »
is there somewhere we can apply for the alpha/CB? nevermind, found it.

do you need flight controls or can you play the game with WSAD & mouse like in battlefield?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:10:26 AM by Plague Tower of Nurgle »
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:20:01 AM »
You can fly with the keyboard and mouse, but they aren't quite like how you would in battlefield.  I personally have never used them so don't know how difficult it would be to do but I have talked to some people who are apparently very successful with using them.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Toad_Raider

• Warrior | Honk If You Like Zombies | Bow Ties Are Never Cool
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Zombies are people too!
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2012, 09:26:46 PM »
Playing with a mouse has so far been... unfulfilling. Even flying in this game is difficult. Plus I'm dealing with frame-rates of never better than say, 12, even with every setting on very low. It shouldn't be my computers fault... have you had this problem GML?
...a spiffified whizz-bang unit of Much Destruction that'll get whored like crazy in WD and kill a million Monoliths in the release batrep
Lomendil's pick for the new DE dex. Not quite, but we have a 'dex now!

Well played, TW.  By well played, I of course mean god damn your traitorous ways.

Do love Diplomacy!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 6, 2012, 09:39:39 PM »
No for the most part i am getting 60 - 75 fps.  Occasionally it will drop to 17 - 20 but that is when flying through smoke and such.

As for flying difficulty it is a bit of a learning curve to fly with the keyboard and mouse which is why I suggest getting a game pad at minimum to fly well.

And for a bit of bragging, they have stats available:
 Player Profile AzraeI | World of Warplanes

Also want to be careful what you talk about regarding the game as the NDA is still in effect and WG is very stringent in enforcing it.  If they find an NDA breach they will ban a users unified account which means your WoT account goes bye bye.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2012, 09:43:07 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Toad_Raider

• Warrior | Honk If You Like Zombies | Bow Ties Are Never Cool
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Zombies are people too!
« Reply #5 on: June 6, 2012, 10:06:53 PM »
Woah, you're pretty deadly! Yeah, my frame rate is 7. I can only assume it's a problem with my laptop. Which is irritating, given my older lappy can run WoT more than fine. Ah well. Yes, lets not have my account banned! I assume I haven't said anything which would cause that yet though...
...a spiffified whizz-bang unit of Much Destruction that'll get whored like crazy in WD and kill a million Monoliths in the release batrep
Lomendil's pick for the new DE dex. Not quite, but we have a 'dex now!

Well played, TW.  By well played, I of course mean god damn your traitorous ways.

Do love Diplomacy!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 6, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »
Post on the wowp forums or search through to see if people have a fix for the lacking fps.

As for my stats, I worked it out that I am currently standing at 2.05 average kills per game a my kill:death ratio is 4.67

What can I say... I loves me a good dog fight!!!

And no, you haven't said anything that would cause a ban.  Just wanted to remind you to be careful about what you say as I know you put a lot of work into WoT.
I knew I had fans!!!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
For anyone interested in trying this out, there are sites out there giving away beta access codes.

So far the one I have found is here which works for the North American server.  Don't know about all you Euro folks, you are on your own
I knew I had fans!!!

• Ork Boy
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 07:34:29 PM »
ill have to check those code out tomorrow, tonight im installing Planetside 2....
legion of sickness
lord of misery
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the dead

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
World of Warplanes gives me wings!

Will need to download the game and see how we go from there. I want to test out flying with keyboard and mouse before looking into buying a joypad (rather than stick)

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 07:07:13 AM »
CBT codes can be found here.  Be quick, they only have 700 and someone posted about it on the WoWP forums.
I knew I had fans!!!

• Ork Boy
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »
i have finally taken to the skies! had some fun and got some kills. using a mouse is a bit of a pain but its manageable.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the dead

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
Remember the website that gave out thousands of beta codes to get people into the closed testing for World of Tanks?  Well they are doing it again with World of Warplanes.  This time they have 25,000 keys.
I knew I had fans!!!

• Ork Boy
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
i am totally having a blast with this now. the game was a bit frustrating at first but now i have a Bf.109c and a Bf.110B. I am totally in love with the Bf.110B, who needs bombs when you can snipe planes with ease or ram 6 guns down their throat.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the dead

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 08:13:20 PM »
Oh the bombs are fantastic anti air weapons!  Fly just above the ground and use the bomb to kill the plane behind you.  350m behind you for the SC250 will get you a kill.  Just wait till you get to the 110E and you get the SC500 (which is a 1000lb bomb) and drop it when the enemy is 500m behind you and you get a kill.

If you are lucky then multiple enemies are grouped behind you and let the lolz roll in as they can't figure out what happened.

Also, when you get to the ME410, you get 210mm rockets and they are so much fun.  Let them off the rail at a head on plane at 1200mand they just explode.
I knew I had fans!!!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 10:34:27 PM »
So just thought I would put this plug in there, but on April 4th WG is lifting the NDA.  Just wanted to give the heads up that I will most likely start streaming live or putting videos of gameplay up on YouTube if any of you guys would be interested in checking out some good dog fights.

So I found out with Twitch.tv I don't actually need to repost videos to youtube, so if anyone is interested you can either catch me streaming live or watch videos of the game play, all of which are on my Twitch.tv channel.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2013, 11:08:27 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
I knew I had fans!!!

• Global Moderator
I knew I had fans!!!