News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron Army Must Haves  (Read 2381 times)

Offline vote1jimmy

• WAAAGH!!!
  • Armies: Bad Moonz, Utramarines & Black Legion,and others
Necron Army Must Haves
« on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
I got myself a pre Necron army when all the overlord and new units wernt around got about 32 necron warriors necron lord 1 destroyer and 2 Immortal. so what should i have to add in my necron army from the new units or even the old???

also i got a Trazyn the Infinite and was thinking about getting the Nemesor Zahndrekh & Vargard Obyron duo when Vargard Obyron dosent count as a HQ Choice.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: Necron Army Must Haves
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:52:43 AM »
Some general good units that you can't go wrong with are wraiths and night sythes, nice models and very good on the tabletop.

Offline shane04

• Chaos goods are fickle, even for a daemon
  • Armies: Tau, Necrons, Ultramarines, Eldar, chaos.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »
Immortals loads of them, give them Telsa. sit back and enjoy. Take a squad of warriors for tanks (that's right) with over-watch Telsa kicks the crap out of anyone. As getting a 6 is beneficial anyway, on the over-watch it can be devastating. It can wipe out the squad before it gets there.

Necrons in this edition would have to really try hard to lose a battle. they've become a very forgiving army. you can make loads of mistakes and not be punished for it.
"Quantity has a quality all its own" Joseph Stalin

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:40 PM »
Immortals loads of them, give them Telsa. sit back and enjoy. Take a squad of warriors for tanks (that's right) with over-watch Telsa kicks the crap out of anyone. As getting a 6 is beneficial anyway, on the over-watch it can be devastating. It can wipe out the squad before it gets there.

Necrons in this edition would have to really try hard to lose a battle. they've become a very forgiving army. you can make loads of mistakes and not be punished for it.

They aren't that forgiving as even the dedicated CC units can easily be swept in CC (low initiative) or just shot to death (unless you're dropping 400 points on 10-man squads). Also the medium-low range can hard to work with.

Warriors and Immortals make excellent troops. I don't suggest giving all of your immortals Tesla though as Gauss Blasters are still really nice. Depends on how many of each troop you take.

As far as an army core you can't go wrong with Immortals, Large warrior squads or 10 of them in ghost arks, Overlords/D-lords with rez orbs and minch shackle scarabs and Annihilation Barges.

Offline Idaho

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »
You don't need them to win games but Annhilation Barges are just too good to beat for their points costs. Great for AV13 spamming too. ;)