News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What's my stuff worth... for people who don't know  (Read 70571 times)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: What's my stuff worth... for people who don't know
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2012, 01:56:22 AM »
Since these guys lost their amylisting they have lost a lot of price as well, and collectors are few and far between. If Mordheim was still around I am sure you could sell to one of those players as the models are pretty lovely, but right now I would not say more than $5-$10 is likely.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Joshisawesome

• Armies: Eldar, Black Templars
« Reply #321 on: September 6, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »
Hey Hey!
I'm not particularly interesting in selling it, but my brother won a limited edition copy of the Warhammer 40k 5th edition rulebook when 5th ed came out. (The one in the black cover with the purity seal). It's in good condition, (no scuffing, scratches etc.) and I'm interested in knowing what it's worth, now that it's no longer useful as a rulebook (although, it was never used that way, as we won it by buying the regular book and use that one as it's less nice).
Cheers,
Josh(isawesome)

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »
Dark Eldar Splinter Cannon pin.  No idea where I got them (2) but know they are at least 10 years old. 
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #323 on: January 31, 2013, 06:37:28 AM »
Without the information asked for in the first post there is no way we can answer it.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline avernos

• Newest
  • descent into hell is easy
« Reply #324 on: July 13, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »
I have a sisters of battle army, a mix of lead and white metal, 6 10 man squads with flamer and heavy flamer, 2 10 man celestian squads with melta and flamer, 3 10 man seraphim squads with 2 flamers, 3 retributor squads, 1 with 4 multi meltas, 1 with 4 flamers and 1 with 4 heavy bolters, 2 20 man repentia squads, 20 assorted sisters to make up the retributor squads, Saint Celestine and 2 20 man Necromunda Redemptionist squads with 4 eviscerators in each squad to use based on the old WD army list. I have multiple Canonesses and forgeworld doors spare for rhinos. along with 3 exorcists, 1 full metal and plastic kit and 2 whirlwind with additional forgeworld doors.
All models are complete and undercoated, some are base coated. I am in Ireland.
I was wondering what it was worth
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:58:23 AM by avernos »

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »
I am looking to sell my Bretonnians and have run into an interesting situation.  GW has said they are pulling the Bretonnians from the shelves and will not be selling them any more.  I figured it would not hurt to try and part with my collection now when people are eager to buy all things Bretonnians.

Would it affect the price for the standard models if I sold them now because they are going out of production, or would it be better to wait until they are no longer being sold by Games-Workshop?

Also, I have been looking at the prices available on GW's website to find out what the 50% mark would be on everything, and the Green Knight is no longer listed as being available.  What would be a good price to sell him for?  Should I use the Fey Enchantress as a bench mark?

Also, what would be a good price to sell the special edition Battle Standard Bearer that came in the army box when the Bretonnians were first released in 6th edition?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:07:04 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2016, 03:57:52 PM »
I'd say wait until they're truly OOP, as then it's a collector's item you can sell for more than GW sold them for. They might not move, though.

Sell them now for less money, but they'll certainly sell.

As for exact prices, I couldn't really say. I haven't been in the WHFB market for years now.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:13 AM »
G'day, Rasmus!
Not looking to sell this item, just curious as to what I'm holding. An unopened, still in its plastic seal, box of four Snakebite Bour Boyz.

http://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27972932_542795806077591_7455484754143364097_n.jpg?oh=287ce04eeb11aae115ca45d84beee0fa&oe=5B173928

Would be grateful for your advice... be well!

Image tags removed.  The rule about not hotlinking applies just as much to this topic as to the one that you created in the Ork board ;) - Iris.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:58:38 PM by Irisado »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »
$30+USD for the Bour Boys.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »
Thank you, Magenb!
Will neeeeever open this box. It can sit in my collection for my Ork buddies to drool over.

Offline Nutty

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Imperial Guard, Tau
« Reply #330 on: August 5, 2019, 08:48:39 AM »
I have a number of old metal Eldar Models, and I'm trying to decide if I should paint them up, or  sell them on. All of these are either unpainted (or stripped of paint). The prices on Ebay are pretty far apart and some just seem silly ($20+ for an exarch) so it would be nice to have an impartial opinion.

1 - Eldar "Dreadnaught" Wraitlord: He has a shoulder mounted Brightlance, one arm has a flamer, the other a shuriken catapult.

1 - 2nd ed. Warwalker: Sadly missing both weapons

3 - 3rd ed. Firedragons: 1 exarch, 2 dragons

9 - 2nd ed. Striking Scorpions: 1 exarch with claw, 8 Scorpions

14 - Rogue Trader Eldar Scouts: 3 squad leaders w/ pistol, sword, rifle, 11 scouts w/ rifles

9 - 3rd ed. Swooping Hawks. 1 Exarch, 8 Hawks. Some of the tabs have broken off but the models are still intact.

9 - 3rd ed. Howling Banshees: 1 exarch w/ executioner, 8 banshees. Some of the tabs have broken off but the models are still intact.

1 - 3rd ed. Eldar Weapon platform with scatter lasser.

The models certainly have their charm, so if the
« Last Edit: August 9, 2019, 12:59:26 PM by Nutty »

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #331 on: August 10, 2019, 09:18:21 AM »
Hi Nutty, this thread was Rasmus's baby and he hasn't been around for many a year now, so I don't think you will get any kind of helpful response.

Looking at Rasmus's earlier posts in this thread I would make the educated guess that your models are worth whatever you can sell them for on eBay. Expect a little less for models with missing items. If I understand Rasmus's earlier posts then you can expect to get up to fifty percent of a models cost if a version of it is still being produced and you can expect a little more than retail if your model is OOP and in demand.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!