News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My first time playing with Harlequins  (Read 728 times)

Offline SolitaireRick

• MY FACE IS MELTING!!!
My first time playing with Harlequins
« on: May 17, 2003, 04:51:58 PM »
Well i got a basic army together the other day. i had to equal my friends points, he was playing an undivided chaos army, consisting of 2 squads of normal chaos marrines , a khorne bezerker squad in a rhino, and a tzeentch lord. i can not remeber it exactly tho. i used a 10 man squad of harlequins with shadowseer, a 6 man squad in a venom, and a solitaire.

basicly, the 6 man squad slowly churned it was through the marrines and lord who dident get much chance to move, and the big squad with solitaire, ripped throe the khorne, and backed up the small squad after that, total finnishing them of.

i sufferd alot of casualties, but not half as much as he did, as i did destroy everything. all in all i was quite pleased i won my first games with my halequins, after how hard to use i heard they were, i was expecting a much harder time with chaos!  ;D
I have seen a swooping hawk exarch with sustained assult get a masive 32 hits! then kill  only 3 bezerkers out of 5!!!

1000 harlequin army
1500 Ulthwé army
1000 tau
1500 Necrons

nothing will stand in my way!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:My first time playing with Harlequins
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 08:29:24 PM »
Welcome to EO!

Congrats on your victory!
Care to post the exact list? Wargear and such are always interesting to see as you went through Chaos in this manner.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline archonofdeath

• Life is for the weak.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 08:42:50 PM »
I would love it if you got your opponets list and yours and posted them so that we could see how you killed him ;D
Death is amoung us, whether we choose to be it or create it.

Offline SolitaireRick

• MY FACE IS MELTING!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 04:46:50 AM »
im sorry we dident write lists. he just said he had just over 1000 points i think it was, and i had to give some of my things pointless wargear to make up the points.

i can remeber giving my solitaire powerblade, harlequins kiss, shuriken pistol, phase filed, domino field and a dread mask( i know this wasent good but like i said i had to equal his points.) my shadow seer was equiped in much the smae way. i had both squads with troupe leaders, so i had 2 kiss's and 1 power weapon in each. and i had plasma pistols in the squad in the venom, coz i knew they wouldent leet of foot much. i thinks that about it.
I have seen a swooping hawk exarch with sustained assult get a masive 32 hits! then kill  only 3 bezerkers out of 5!!!

1000 harlequin army
1500 Ulthwé army
1000 tau
1500 Necrons

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • quod me nutrit, me destruit
  • Armies: Harlequins, Eldar, Space Marines, DeathGuard, Nids
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 07:56:22 AM »
Welcome to the club.

I lost from Chaos last time, but that mainly was because I forgot to charge in the assualt phase. I was too exited about something else (still dunno what that would've been though)  and that left my units 5" away from 20 Khorne Berserkers. Oops!

Offline SolitaireRick

• MY FACE IS MELTING!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 01:57:03 PM »
i made a stupid move in that game, leaving myelf on the same flank as his rhino full of khorne :-\ and they could of charged me aswell, but they didn't ;D well i made him pay for that one 8)

1000 harlequin army
1500 Ulthwé army
1000 tau
1500 Necrons