News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What goes first?  (Read 740 times)

Offline Adkjfhaskljdgflaksj

• With me, it's instant chummy.
What goes first?
« on: December 13, 2003, 11:38:44 PM »
If you were in a battle with somone who had an all harlequin army and they had a great harrlequin, 2 squads of death jesters, a solitaire, and two troupes of harlequins. which would you attack first?

Offline Dark Flame

• I messed with the wrong farseers AGAIN, yet somehow became an unactive Mod
  • Ancient
Re: What goes first?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 11:43:11 PM »
  Well, it realy depends on what army you were using, and what your army list was.

Offline Jos

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 11:56:16 PM »
With my DE - definitely the jesters. but it seems likely that I would have to work my way through the troupers first. The solitaire would be a high priority target too.

Offline Ulisys

• Farseer of an Undecided Craftworld
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 12:02:42 AM »
i know you want me to say the djs but by my experience wen using both djs and solitaires (im not considering the others cause i dont use troops and i see great harlies as interchangable with solitaires in a normal eldar army) the solitaire is normally wanted to dead first but im reclace with my djs and tend to get them killed wen it isnt in the battle plan of the enemy to do so.
Eldar are such a generous people.
Always Giving out as much fire as possible and never asking for any in return.

Offline Rhòanin

• The True Outcast
  • Ancient
  • To each, Their own.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 07:01:08 PM »
First of all, what race do you plan on combating these Harlequins with?

If its any kind of shooty army, getting rid of the characters shouldnt be hard. 

Generally, depending on what arms the DJs are carrying, I would go for the Solitaire and Shadowseer.  They're both likely to be the most amount of points, and both have the potential to hurt you badly.
He who follows his own will is a King among men.

Offline Adkjfhaskljdgflaksj

• With me, it's instant chummy.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 08:49:18 PM »
just generally, most of the time. Not in one specific situation, but what is most common.

Offline DEdude

• Kabal of cynical SNL stars
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 05:15:16 PM »
Well it's a little too generic to say there's one perfect target, although I guess I'd probably go for shooting the solitaire. He's a deadly close combat monster, and dies pretty easily out of combat. Plus, even if you take 2 lascannons to take him down, it's worth it to keep him out of combat, and get rid of such an expensive IC.

Problems arise however when you're playing different armies, like Orks who would want to tie up the solitaire with grunts so they can gang up later. Basically, anything expensive is a prize
You spend the first 2 years of your kid's life teaching them how to stand and talk, and then the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut up