News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help with my next Wraithlord conversion.....  (Read 10139 times)

Offline Andaah

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Confused..... often...
Help with my next Wraithlord conversion.....
« on: November 3, 2007, 07:20:05 AM »
Right. Need some opinions here... I already have one Wraithlord posed:

When it comes to the second one I want an equally cool pose.... here are some examples:

Offline Lost~Ripper

Re: Help with my next Wraithlord conversion.....
« Reply #1 on: November 4, 2007, 06:19:51 AM »
I would say the glas spider one (first of the 2) and the one on slate grabbing sword with 2 hands both go very well with the styling you did on the first,

Hope that helps,

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
« Reply #2 on: November 4, 2007, 05:22:44 PM »
Allow me to first compliement you on that awesome posing.

After that, the one holding its Wraithsword with both hands, or the Wraithlord with the sword forward by Broken Blade should go well with him.
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline sojung

• For the Motherland!
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2007, 03:24:33 AM »
Hows about something like this;

;D

sj

Offline Andaah

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Confused..... often...
« Reply #4 on: November 5, 2007, 07:16:49 AM »
Ooooh I likes! And the cowering Marine is even more awesome ;)

I'll probably not be doing these before Christmas due to a deadline in a Space Marine army which will pay for my Christmas shopping.

Anyways, I like the running one. In fact I've seen one very similar either on here or on CMON.

I just can't help liking that "Glas Spider" one. Giving it a spear and shield would go very nicely with the spear-wielding Avatar that I'll be getting from FW for Christmas.

Offline Windowlicker

« Reply #5 on: November 5, 2007, 09:48:48 AM »
i like the glasspider one too
go for it!
you know you want to

Offline tegeus-Cromis

« Reply #6 on: November 5, 2007, 12:07:55 PM »
If you do use the BrokenBlade pose, I hope you won't be lazy like he/she was and do the snapped-wrist thing. It's a totally ridiculous way to hold the sword; a more open-fingered pose is called for, so the wrist doesn't need to bend at such an angle. It's a top-notch paintjob, of course, but it's frankly a terribly ham-handed conversion.

Offline sojung

• For the Motherland!
« Reply #7 on: November 5, 2007, 04:37:39 PM »
@ tegeus - yeah I think the wrist really lets the whole mini down on that one. Totally agreed with you on that point.

@ Andaah - the glassspider one reminds me of American football pose! but very kool anyway. My favourite out of all of them you've posted - very subtle, yet dynamic; where as others are extremely positioned but not as effective in emphasising the elegance of the wraithlord.

sj

Offline Andaah

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Confused..... often...
« Reply #8 on: November 5, 2007, 07:01:15 PM »
I agree.

Now, which hand should the Wraithsword be in? Also should I give him a shield?

Actually, the Wraithsword would look rather cool on his back! Very Ninja.

Offline sojung

• For the Motherland!
« Reply #9 on: November 5, 2007, 10:42:04 PM »
Which pose you talking about? Some look 'cool' with the reverse grip; you know like that Jedi lady from StarWars, she trails her lightsabre in a reverse grip, so that the pommel is where her thumb is etc.

I prefer the sword to be in the traditional, right hand. It just looks much more natural - not that I got anything against lefties lol.

Shield? For such a big beast? Maybe... but I donno, fighting with a shield means that you can get much more different set of 'poses'. You could be fighting with both shield and sword, or you could use the shield purely for defensive purposes etc. etc. I donno bro, wraithlord are so 'human' like - more so than any other miniatures - it's easy to come up with a huge variety of poses.

sj

Offline Andaah

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Confused..... often...
« Reply #10 on: November 6, 2007, 07:20:39 AM »
I'm talking about the GlasSpider one.

It could look good with a shield. Also,I don't like Star Wars but I know what you mean...

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #11 on: November 6, 2007, 10:08:17 AM »
I actually like the EML and BL one (Kneeling) the best.... It could do with a different paint job; but its very effective (game wise) and looks sort of realistic.... in that one would probably not stand and shoot two seriously heavy weapons. I really like the way the head piece is sort of looking down range.... targeting.... Yes I think that I will do something simular to this one.

Best paint scheme goes to the Wave Patterend one, of which I also liek the pose.

Cheers and Happy Gaming.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Lost~Ripper

« Reply #12 on: November 6, 2007, 12:38:36 PM »
I actually like the EML and BL one (Kneeling) the best.... It could do with a different paint job; but its very effective (game wise) and looks sort of realistic.... in that one would probably not stand and shoot two seriously heavy weapons.
Cheers and Happy Gaming.

While I agree that Game wise it is decently effective,
I must disagree with the pose realism,
While I cannot speculate about the energy discharge that the BL would use to nail a tank,
The EML would probably be a self propelled missle, And As with those, And the original bolters, They would have No real Recoil, Since you are holding a tube, aiming, and then wait for the round to leave the barrel,

Just my .02

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #13 on: November 6, 2007, 01:47:38 PM »
I have to totally disagree... I do not see an EML as a Blow-pipe missile launcher like the modern day RPG or bazooka... I see an EML as more of a Verticle or Guided Vertical Launch System. Thus if you look at todays modern MK-41 VLS, or GM-VLS (two current weapons systems in use by the US and other Navies) you would see that they actually put out a fair bit of Thrust with their respective exhausts and actually effect a Destroyers Balance and Ballast when they fire their 30+ foot missiles. I've been working as a Weapons Technician for over 20 years and I have yet to see the individual ibg or bad enough to hold onto a Guided Missile System while it is being fired. Wraithlord is 3-4 times the size of a humanoid, and even then I think it may be a little small for the task. If you even look at more popular and much smaller missile systems like the Karl-Gustoff used by infantry, they most certainly do kneel to fire and it takes two men to hold the thing.

Cheers and Happy Gaming.

Offline Satanic Joker Jester

• Armies: Eldar
« Reply #14 on: November 7, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »
i just finished converting and painting my wraithlord, i gave him 2 heavy weapons and a sword ( shoulder mounted heavies + right hand sword) his pose is pretty nice, simple and not over the top crazy conversion but  difffers from the standard, i dont have a picture so i'll try to explain it,

his left leg is bent and is leading his stride/run
 his right leg is also bent, but at a steeper angle and its his rear stepping leg in the run,

his torso is twisted to the right ( if your facing the same way as him)  and his right arm ( sword arm) is back and bent, as if hes running with his sword trailing behind, the twisted torso makes it seem as though he is about to swing a ferocious side swipe, , his head is pointed slightly to the left ( when facing him) and his left arm is bent and sort of in front of his head,

all in all, looks as though hes running and about to deliver a massive swipe from his sword, with both hsi heavy weapons aimed where he is looking at a downward angle...Woe be to he whom the wraithlord has set his sights upon =)

...really should make a diorama out of this model hehe =)
another day, just breathe.

Looking for a new army project...
Eldar         Necrons
6-0-1       4-1-1

Possible, that it could all be wonderful~
Sweet the sound, as all the stars come crashing down~

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #15 on: November 8, 2007, 10:31:03 AM »
I would liek to see a Picture when you get one; as it counds pretty cool.

CaHG

Offline GregBluhm

« Reply #16 on: November 8, 2007, 11:03:28 AM »
Here are a few pics of one that I did to go with my harlequins.  I thought it was worth sharing, because I have'nt seen many that have the heavy weapon mounted on the back of the arm.  I did it to make the bright lance look like a harlequin kiss, but other heavy weapons could be mounted there to give a different pose.

PS. If anyone has suggestions about how to improve the sneering side of the head, let me know.  I'm not happy about how it looks, but I don't know how to improve it.

Offline Massaen

• Ork Boy
  • Worlds End Radio Host!
« Reply #17 on: November 9, 2007, 03:04:31 AM »
i did a couple not long ago...

The stars once lived and died at our hands and yet you still defy us? Foolish Mon Keigh, you are all doomed...