News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warmaster  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Disno

• dont make me Robo tackle you
Warmaster
« on: February 14, 2002, 09:05:54 PM »
Anyone play warmaster out there???

Offline eldarfreek

• I'm not a stoopid llama!!!
Re:Warmaster
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 09:17:05 PM »
Not me, why don't you look for a warmaster forum or something?
Would you like fries with that?

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 08:41:53 PM »
hmm heard of it but never played it... i dont think i ever while is it the one with the small models? this is my 100th post YAY
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Zyphit

• Thought of the Day: Make deeds, not words
    • Blackstone VI - Essential BFG Website!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2002, 02:18:05 PM »
Yeah, it's like Epic Fantasy Battle.  One of my friends has a fairly sizable Empire army.  Probably in a year or two I'll pick up Warmaster, 'cause it does look like a lot of fun.  HIgh Elves maybe.
The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says it's half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says it's so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it...

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2002, 03:14:19 PM »
isn't it cheaper to play then 40k

Offline Zyphit

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2002, 12:48:30 PM »
Much, a good solid unit of Empire spearmen is something rediculous like $12.00 CAN.  What is that, like three scorpions?  $100 buys you a very nice and balanced army.  Almost doesn't compare to 40k in the price department.
The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says it's half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says it's so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it...

Offline ikibalam

• I'm a llama, too!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2002, 07:58:53 AM »
I play warmaster... undead. Actually, as I've only played one game, I should probably say, "I have warmaster..." The problem is that only one other person I know does, and I never have time for a match against him.

Oh, and the first game turned out so piteously bad for him that I think he's a little reluctant for a rematch. It's not that I was so very good at it, I guess... luck was with me, or something. Or maybe I am good at it. :P

I.
for more eldarific goodness, see also: eldar united at yahoo clubs.

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2002, 08:55:10 PM »
I wish someone played Epic 40k around here.  Thats a game I can actually afford.  You can't beat $2 a falcon.

Offline Zyphit

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2002, 09:26:28 PM »
Did you get Jervis Johnson's latest newsletter?  It sounds like he's going to give Epic a bit of a spit-shine and back into production.  I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Offline Narceron

• Awesome site!
    • Simon's Webpage
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2002, 11:55:51 AM »
I bought the last edition and it sucked, LOL>

I have an ork army, sorry, guys, I traded my eldar stuff off, :)
The ultramarines are the inheritors of the Emperor's legacy, so no more jokes!  Blue is back, baby!

Offline the_Bard_72

• Kanu-rath Craftworld and Kabal of Martyred Souls
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2002, 11:56:13 PM »
I've played Warmaster once and Epic 40K several times.  My main beef is that if the normal rules (Fantasy and 40K that is) are good, they should easily convert to a large scale battle.  I don't like the fact that you have to use completely new numbers and rules to play on a grand scale.  The only change should be the scale of the miniatures and the scale of the stats (in one fashion or another).  I think this would greatly improve the popularity of the Epic scale games - if you play 40K and the rules for Epic are the same, just on a bigger scale, you're more likely to try it out.
Interestingly enough, most historical wargames do exactly what I think GW needs to do with their games - minor adjustment for scale is the only thing to tackle whether its the kitchen table or a football field.
the Bard
Emmissary of the Kanu-rath Craftworld