News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Super Emperor's Champion  (Read 1185 times)

Offline JusticeCetin

• Lieutenant
  • Hail to the King!
The Super Emperor's Champion
« on: July 26, 2011, 03:45:40 AM »
Hey guys, i saw this emperor's champion as part of a BT army selling on Ebay for 1,200 USD.  Now being as i already have a champion, and am not made of money, i would like to convert it myself.  Here is the Youtube video with the EC on it(he shows up at about 1:20) (you can see him before you hit play)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi1wIsPeNPQ&feature=player_embedded#at=85
Hopefully the link works. 

Here is the problems.

First, i see that they used Celestine's cloak and halo, and while i don't see that being hard, the confusing part is how the shield was done.  My problems are:
the shield is of Lysander, however they replaced the imperial fist logo with a BT logo perfectly! HOW?!
The arm of the EC goes backwards slightly, as he is clenching his fist.  How could i bring his arm forward to fit the shield on??
Lastly, i was planning on picking up FW BT storm Shields instead to use, would these work just as well?

Also, did they cut celestine's cloak to be less wide?

Thank you for your help :)

P.S. i have the Metal Emperor's Champion, not the fine cast, would fine cast make moving that arm easier??
6th Edition W/D/L record

IG 8/2/0
BT 0/0/0
Sob 0/0/0

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
Re: The Super Emperor's Champion
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 04:16:32 AM »
Are you able to PM the author of the youtube video? If the guy is nice he might tell you how he did it. Can't hurt to try.  :)

Offline JusticeCetin

• Lieutenant
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 04:30:43 AM »
not a bad idea, ill give it a try, hopefully more people know how, or can help with ideas too. 
6th Edition W/D/L record

IG 8/2/0
BT 0/0/0
Sob 0/0/0

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
  • Stop looking at my AVATAR, read what i did write!!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 05:54:15 AM »
the cloak hasn't been modified. It sits further back because it's on a space marine backpack and not the original models, and the original model is very slim.

The shield is lysanders, he's filed out the IF logo, probably with a dremmel, then used the BT upgrade pack to make the BT logo.

I have no idea how the shield is attached tho. Could be he's using lysanders arm without the shoulder pad, Or he may have taken a Standard SM arm and Lysanders forearm.

finecast would make the whole job easyer.