News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: At Long Last - Pictures of Mega Nobs and Big Mek  (Read 5396 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
At Long Last - Pictures of Mega Nobs and Big Mek
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »
I have been talking about the making of Mega Nobs out of the WHFB black orcs set, so here are some pictures to show how convincing they are.

Mega Nob with former Space Wolf fist for PK

Size comparison the one on the right is a flash git converted from AoBR nob, both stand about a half a head taller than a regular ork boy.

The TL shoota made from using two shoota glued on top of each other and glued into place where the sword/ax/choppa used to be.

Another using stolen space marine terminator parts

The different TL shootas, some space marine parts, some chaos, some double shootas

The different PKs some space wolf, some chaos, some actually ork

Of  course you have to have Mad Doc

Then there is the whole gang of 10 plus the Doc

The Big Mek with burna, you will recognize the model as the nob that comes with lootas, just cut off the front of the custom mega blaster and glued on a flamer stolen from a SM dreadnought kit.

The Big Mek with KFF, these parts were used from left over parts from the last starter kit "Battle for Maccrage" (BaM) Just cut off two and glued them to the base of the center one, and added an evil suns boss pole to the center one.

This mega nob was one of the black orcs that had its arms over its head, with a little sawing and a spiky shoulder pad to hide the gap he looks pretty good.

Then of course I had to throw in some pictures of flash git snazz guns made from AoBR nobs

All the Flash Gitz with their KFF Mek

Hope you all enjoy these pictures, as I know that getting to use the camera is going to cost me severely.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: At Long Last - Pictures of Mega Nobs and Big Mek
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:39:52 PM »
Nice stuff Skeetergod!  And to think I only traded away my Black Orcs a few days ago.  Oh well they were the old metals anyway.

I really like the looted SM Pk.  Its one of those Classic Ork loot pieces that is just fluff-tastic.  Its painted ala Chaos Iron Warriors if I'm not mistaken which also adds some fluffyness to the exploits your army has made in the past.

The only thing I can say that is negative though is that MegaNobz are supposed to be based on the medium bases and not the 25mm ones, which while not a problem with friendly games and mates, could be a problem if you bring them to play in a tourney with.

Peace
~OD

Post script: Way nicer and more Tourney ready than my old conversions, really nice job!
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:36:36 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on the bases for Mega Nobs, I will get that fixed pronto. Been playing with them for about a year and nobody else has mentioned it, I guess they were too worried about all my trucks.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:58:13 AM »
absolutely love the power lines coming from the mek.  I'd ask where you picked those up, but then I would be forced to steel your idea.  I'll settle for looking on in awe.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 03:37:03 PM »
absolutely love the power lines coming from the mek.  I'd ask where you picked those up, but then I would be forced to steel your idea.  I'll settle for looking on in awe.

Those were from the last box set (Battle for Maccrage) and were some of the enclosed scenery. I ended up getting 3 boxes worth as at the time my daughter was starting space marines after seeing the "Hello Kitty" marines.

Of course this leads to addiction and so the daughter had to get more marines, my son got IG after abandoning the orks he had and I took, so I have access to those parts. Also at my local CSM are slightly more prevelent than SM so I am able to trade for bits all the time as it seems I keep getting AoBR boxes. (I think I am up to 6 now) so the more orks the more I must convert, and can because I have access to all the cool parts and bits, and on and on and on.

Feel free to use the idea, its not like I have a copyright or patent on it. I think you can still find the majority of those bits on e-bay fairly cheep or "bundled" with some other 40k stuff so the seller can get rid of them.

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »
well alright then.  I'll just make sure on the banner my mek boy carries to have it read copyright skeetergod in the smallest print possible!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 07:49:16 AM »
well alright then.  I'll just make sure on the banner my mek boy carries to have it read copyright skeetergod in the smallest print possible!

RAFLMAO

When you do that please take a picture and post it here, I would love to see that!

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 11:18:16 AM »
will do.  I'm working with a guy who has a laser cutter and etcher for some grot tanks.....if it works out.  I wanted the lead tank to be a small mek.  Was thinking that with 5 tanks, I'd have a grot army with an hq, troop choices, elites and so on.  My HQ was going to be a grot mek, and I'm so stealling your imp guard power lines for him.  Best laid plans and all that, it's beautiful in my head, but too many unknowns as yet till I can get serious with the unit.

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »
Nice use of Aobr and fantasy bits.  They're looking very looted and orky!

OD is right with the 40mm bases, it makes a big difference for the mega's charge ranges sometimes. 

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline Teej

• Orkscribe
  • I know where da best fightin' iz
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 06:52:46 AM »
Very nice work!

I am not too crazy about those wimpy looking powerfists. They seem a little on the small side, but the Ork and I imagine Chaos Power fist look excellent to say the least. You almost can't tell the difference in size, I will definitely be looking into a box of black orcs for my MANZ

That Big Mek Burna is SICK, consider it stolen. ;)