News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: how important are IG in a WH army?  (Read 486 times)

Offline Mecha

• Warrior
how important are IG in a WH army?
« on: November 23, 2006, 09:54:08 PM »
Ive been looking at the WH codex, and they have alot of IG in there. 

Do most WH lists include some amount of IG?

cause if they do, ive got this crazy idea, and a bit of fluff.

long story short: when a squat planet was overrun by one of the tyranid hive fleets (i emailed GW asking what happend to the squats, and they said that the squats were eaten by the tyranids), there was a small sisters monistary on the planet, they teamed up to defend, bla bla bla, they survived, escaped, and have been insepreable ever since.

basically, i want to switch out all IG modles for squat modles.

would that be worthwhile?  (i dont want to go to the trouble of getting squats on ly to find out that they arent very usefull in the list)
Dark Eldar (1850) 2/0/1
last win: Grey Knights/Grey Knights/IG
Quote: "What do you mean you took my Grey Knights Terminator as a Slave?"

Offline Ixe

Re: how important are IG in a WH army?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 10:49:01 AM »
Witch Hunters with IG are effective.  Taking inducted Guard is the only way to make a successful static Sisters army, since the Guard provide the ranged firepower you need to compensate for lack of mobility.

As for squats, I'm not really familiar with their fluff, whether the Inquisition considered it ok to mingle with them...  Your sisters might be branded heretics for fighting alongside aliens, but that's not such a bad thing since 60% of the armies out there are Imperial and it's always nice to have an excuse for another Imperial army to fight them.

Offline Mecha

• Warrior
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »
well, in the book, Draco, it talks about an inquisitor, whose team consists of an assasian, a pilot, and a squat.

so, i think they are ok by imperial standard, seeing as they are humans who settled on high gravity worlds
Dark Eldar (1850) 2/0/1
last win: Grey Knights/Grey Knights/IG
Quote: "What do you mean you took my Grey Knights Terminator as a Slave?"

Offline Inquisitor Sethtus

• Look Mama! Santa's Elves!
    • The High Conclave [A Site Devoted to the Inquisition]
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 02:42:18 PM »
It would definately make for a unique army, both in physical and fluff form, which is always good. An Inquisitor could easily get away with befriending some squats I would imagine, but Sisters may think differently. They're of more the "purge the universe of the xenos and non-typical human" mentality, whereas an Inquisitor tends to view the world in shades of grey.

I don't think that's enough of a reason to not go with squats, though. If you're going to bring them out, it's a much smaller step to create a Sisters Order who would view them as friends.
Imperial Guard 34 Wins, 22 Losses, 6 Draws
The Inquistion 32 Wins, 4 Losses
Knights of Terra 12 Wins, 2 Losses

By the Authority vested in me by the Immortal Emperor of Mankind, I hereby declare thee Hereticus Tratorious Diablos, and for your crimes against his Immortal Imperium sentence you to death. May The Emperor have mercy upon your soul.