News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Imperial codices- why the complaints?  (Read 959 times)

Offline Mrs Steriotyped Guy

• Yo ho, Yo ho, Ect.
Re:New Imperial codices- why the complaints?
« Reply #20 on: August 7, 2003, 06:22:07 AM »
I agree.

the only problem is that since they can't be better at eldar at psychics, hoards are taken by orks and nids, and every other playing style is taken, there isn't really any way to make it play differently.
Pirate horde WILL Beat you all.

Offline Age

• So's Yer Face
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #21 on: August 7, 2003, 07:25:29 AM »
Well ideally, the imperium can have as many new codices as it likes! billions even!! as long as NONE of them feature any more Yhwh-condemned SMURFS.

WE HAVE ENOUGH SMURF VARIETIES!!!

so THATS why the IG codex is a good thing, cos its about the PROPER back to basics humans, who are just so much more interesting than the smurfs. who according to to fluff have their heads SO far up their emporers.......

ANyway, more human stuff, YAY. more Smurfs? GAY
Haven't been HERE for a while

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #22 on: August 7, 2003, 01:05:53 PM »
I agree there should be no more smurf varients, but yes, humanity is the main character in the 40k Universe. The BBB is written in human terms, with studies of other races, background and fluff for humans andwhat not. Humans rule the stars, their domain is endless, if it runs into Tau or Nidz of Orks, they just become pockets of resistance in Imperial Space. Most 40k background is based around man, the Emperor and the Imperium. Barring Demons, humans are the most pentiful of Chaos followers. Man is the main character, so quit whining. This might be EO, that doesn't give none Imperial players a right to moan because "Our race never gets updates". Live with it. Once an army comes out, usually there is whats in the codex, and therefore there is no need to release new models every few months just to please those who play such races. Sure, smurf's get too much publicity what with their collectors guides and things. But when your army is the new one, do you compain that it's on nearlly every page of the next 2-3 White Dwarf magazines?

Hey, if Eldar were pushed as much as smurfs, half this arguement wouldn't exsist.

As for the IG codex, I play IG and I must say to GW...

Don't break what isn't broken. (yes I know the saying is don't fix what isn't broken, but with the Chaos Codex and Demonhunters, they jsut seem to be getting more and more cheesey)

Offline Little Dragoon

• A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins...
    • Gaming in Middle Earth
« Reply #23 on: August 8, 2003, 02:03:54 AM »
...Man is the main character, so quit whining. This might be EO, that doesn't give none Imperial players a right to moan because "Our race never gets updates". Live with it. Once an army comes out, usually there is whats in the codex, and therefore there is no need to release new models every few months just to please those who play such races.

Amen to that, brother. -Thanks for putting it into perspective with the "If Eldar pushed as much as SMurfs..." comment.  Couldn't have said it better m'self.

I don't think the Daemonhunters are especially "cheesy", though- they're full of character, and very "fluffy"- but not cheesy.  They're actually not all that big of a pain to play against, if you're not Chaos, that is.  They've got all these "l33t Daemon Kilz0rzing" weapons, but not much else- which is just how they should be.

To shadydentist, I say the following:  You've got something of a point, but your idea that "In the books, sure, humans are in the limelight.  The game is something entirely different." is flawed.  Forget the novels; just go crack open the 40k rulebook- what do you see?  Imperial fiction, background, and perspective all throughout.  It's unavoidable.  And remember, that's the rulebook for the game, and not the novels.  It just so happens that the two agree. ;)

As for being condescending towards what’s-his-name?  I reserve the right to be cordially condescending to anyone who says uses the letter "u" in place of taking the time to type two extra letters and write "you".  I won't ever be openly offensive with them; but I have a very hard time treating them as fellow human beings. (just kidding)
~The Little Dragoon~
<><

"Dreaming of Zion awake..."

Offline Arcane Prototype

« Reply #24 on: August 8, 2003, 06:14:25 AM »
yeah, i guess that is what i shouldve said! No more smurfs!

its nice with other `human` armies, its just that GW pushes Smurfs too much, and its getting pathetic. or i should say they push anything with power armour.

Offline Mrs Steriotyped Guy

• Yo ho, Yo ho, Ect.
« Reply #25 on: August 8, 2003, 07:28:46 AM »
some plastic sisters would be nice.......
Pirate horde WILL Beat you all.

Offline Steamboat Willy

• Warning Shots are for Woosies
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Livejournal Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 8, 2003, 08:10:57 AM »

I would start collecting them right away if they did this.  And if they got a codex.  But they are not popular (because they are metal) so GW will not invest in plastics, but iff they did this they would be popular

(ohh its a twisted circle)

Methinks when they get thier list in Codex: Xenos they will bring out plastic models for them, but how long 'till codex Xenos?

Offline Conspiracy theorist

• Want to know who really killed JFK?
  • Meh
« Reply #27 on: August 8, 2003, 09:00:34 AM »
Sisters of Battle would be in the ordo herecticus book. Ordo Xenos is the deathwatch.

Offline Steamboat Willy

• Warning Shots are for Woosies
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Livejournal Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 8, 2003, 10:35:51 AM »
Sisters of Battle would be in the ordo herecticus book. Ordo Xenos is the deathwatch.

Yeah... that... anyway, SoB need a better list, they suck at the moment

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #29 on: August 8, 2003, 01:07:48 PM »
Ah yes Dragoon, forgive that last comment, I just don't want them to spoil my new codex...

Offline Little Dragoon

• A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins...
    • Gaming in Middle Earth
« Reply #30 on: August 9, 2003, 09:46:03 PM »

I would start collecting them right away if they did this.  And if they got a codex.  But they are not popular (because they are metal) so GW will not invest in plastics, but iff they did this they would be popular

(ohh its a twisted circle)

Seriously, man.  I agree 110%.  The Sisters of Battle have some fantastic background, and if done properly -and in conjunction with the Ecclesiarchy and the Ordo Hereticus- they would totally freakin' rock.

But, Jes Goodwin has said that he really doesn't want to do plastic Sisters- something about not being able to recreate the same poses as the current models, with which he's "very happy".  Happy Schmappy- every army deserves at least one plastic troop-type!  And like you said, in so many words- "If you sculpt it (in plastic), they will come..."
~The Little Dragoon~
<><

"Dreaming of Zion awake..."