News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: RESULTS NOW IN (pg 28) 6th 40kOnline London Tournament with BFG Club  (Read 50149 times)

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
    Well, i think its about time to crack on with a new thread seeing as it seems we are just about set on a date and we will be needing somewhere fresh for banter and general discussion-ment!

When/where is it?:
so, the 6th tournament will be held on:

Saturday 29th March

as pre-booked thanks to Erriond (though there is a little flexibility in this we might as well go by this date or we might never decide)

Again, a big thanks to the bracknell forest gamers club for allowing us to use their venue.

http://www.bfgclub.org.uk/
Address and direction on website

What time?:
we are going to be looking for an early start... the earlier we start, the more games we will get!
last time we went for a 9am start... and ended around about 6pm... giving about 2 hours per game with time for lunch, clearing up and all that jazz...

so provisionally:

9:00am - 6:00pm.

Dan, Nick let me know what you guys think for this...

How much?:
As before the final cost of the day will be determined by splitting the cost of the venue by the players... so the more of you that come the less we will all pay! we are proabbly looking at around £7 (going on last times numbers).

What will you need?:
  • a 1500pt army (unless we decide otherwise but this seems to be the best option)
  • your army list
  • dice
  • measuring tape
  • glue (for field repairs)
  • objective markers (for missions)
  • money for lunch / packed lunch
  • a good sense of humour!

The games:
we will hopefully (as last time) get 4x 1500pt games in over the day.

the format for these is up for debate in this thread.

The armies:
  • your armies will need to be 1500pts
  • non-codex print armies, such as armoured company or kroot mercenaries are of course allowed! in all cases you MUST bring ALL the relevant rules in order to play with that army
  • forge world IS allowed. you may use anything without structure or mass points as part of your army abiding by the forgeworld rules, and of course, you must bring those rules with you. if you wish to use a forge world army list (as opposed to just adding in units) then you may do so
  • in all cases, the most up to date rules are to be used. (we need to discuss how the apocalypse rulebook now affects this, the new forge-world apocalypse update will be out by then so it seems to make sense that anything udated in that book will use those rules)
  • the forge world flyer rules will be used
  • as per apocalypse, Pintle Mounted Weapons will count as AA (anti-aircraft weapons)
  • your army does not need to be painted, but additional points will be awarded to those that are
  • all armies and units must be "official", no VDR units will be used nor armies without official publications (codeces or otherwise). If you are unsure about your army then ask.

please look through the above, its all subject to change according to our concensus.

the prizes:
as before there are no real prizes up for grabs some nice banners to display on 40kOnline!

Gold
Silver
Bronze

Best Army

if we want some more then put forward your ideas!!

the winner will be decided throughout the course of the tournament... the scoring of which will be decided too... so put your ideas forward! im keen to try and stop a repeat of last time where we end up with lots of people on equal points... 

Nearest Hotels

The Grange Hotel
Charles Sq, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1DF, UK 01344 474000

Hilton Hotel
Bagshot Rd, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 0QJ, UK 01344 424 801

Premier Travel Inn
Wokingham Rd, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 1NA, UK 0870 197 7036

Whos coming?

heres the living list of peoples status, and the armies they may be bringing too!

What I've forgotten:

lots probably...[/list]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:29:32 AM by oink »

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Woop new thread.

Still can't make the 29th though. Ho hum.
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers
Saturday 29th March

as pre-booked thanks to Erriond (though there is a little flexibility in this we might as well go by this date or we might never decide)

Again, a big thanks to the bracknell forest gamers club for allowing us to use their venue. full address to follow......
http://www.bfgclub.org.uk/
Address and direction on website
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
I'm down, provisionally at least. You never know, I might have finished assembling my Endless Swarm box by then too (Mwaahahahahahahah.. .)
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline 40kfomPodmaster

• Succubus
Marvellous!

I definately want to come this time. Damn my missus and her holday plans...which was what knackered me last time.

Oink - I might post you that parcel I owe you by then too! Those IH working out ok?

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
What will you need?:
# a good sense of humour!

Hell yeah!

im keen to try and stop a repeat of last time where we end up with lots of people on equal points...

Either keep track of VPs (I don't mind helping out on that at all, I slowly take over more responsibilities as the day progresses :P) OR more opportunities for battle points with those additional objectives some have suggested OR both.

As long as I know plenty of time in advance, I should be able to make any date.

Jonik - you suck.

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

Offline Granite Slam

• Fio'el Tautica - I See Stupid People...So Many Stupid People...
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
   I'm provisionally booked as well. As far as the structure of the tournament goes, basically the same as the other thread.

• Variety in not only the missions played but also the level they are played at. (Just add on Victory Points for alpha level.)
  • Random sub-missions using the 2nd edition mission cards. (I can provide the full set of both colours.)
  • If we go for different point sizes then I favour making the higher levels a continuation of the lower level.

On the Random sub-missions thing, we could draw 2 missions for each side awarding a single battle point for each you achieve or deny to the enemy. So the maximum battle score would be an additional 4 points. To make it easy for which is side is which colour when drawing the sub-missions we could just use "inside" and "outside" relating to which side of the gaming table you are stood on. Outside is next to the walls, inside is next to the central aisle.
   If Erriond, or anyone else, wants more details of what the 2nd edition missions are then just hit me up over pm. If there is enough interest I'll do a synopsis in here.

As with last time I came, I'll happily pick up anyone on the M4 corridor west of Bracknell.

-S
I reserve the right to end any discussion with a big stick.

Quote from: Rummy
Dark Eldar - better than everyone be-atch! The only reason the Dark Eldar haven't toppled the Imperium is that Terra doesn't have valet parking.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
I'm not sure what I will be doing transport wise. I might do what I did last time and stay with my aunt in Bracknell, or I might car down in the morning, in which case anyone who lives between Coventry and Bracknell is more than welcome to scum a lift if required
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline 40kfomPodmaster

• Succubus
  ...As with last time I came, I'll happily pick up anyone on the M4 corridor west of Bracknell...

Where would you be coming from?

Offline Granite Slam

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
 West coast of Wales. :)

-S

Dark Eldar - better than everyone be-atch! The only reason the Dark Eldar haven't toppled the Imperium is that Terra doesn't have valet parking.

Offline 40kfomPodmaster

• Succubus
West coast of Wales. :)

-S

Bit of a trip to Bracknell then! Any chance of swinging by Bristol en route? Lol...  ::)

Offline Granite Slam

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
   Yuh. Thankfully the car is built for motorway cruising. Space available is 3 or 4 passengers depending upon girth. ;) I just need to remember that it doesn't take as long as I think to get there. Last time I stopped for breakfast and still got there 2 hours early...... Time of departure will obviously depend on who and where I pick up, backup travel plans are advisable since for the last one I got my time off canceled at short notice.

I'm not too sure about using rules from apocalypse though. They may be the newer rules for certain units but they are also designed for use in that expansion. Pintle mount counting as AA mount wouldn't be a bad idea since flyers can cause problems, but we may want to look at something else in addition for those armies that don't get pintle mounts (Necron, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau - although they can at least use the FW version of the Sky Ray).

-S

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
I'm going to go as provisionally count myself in to come up as well. Incidently I'm in Bristol as well... which reminds me...

Bit of a trip to Bracknell then! Any chance of swinging by Bristol en route? Lol...  ::)

Intrested in going to a local wargaming club?
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline 40kfomPodmaster

• Succubus
I'm going to go as provisionally count myself in to come up as well. Incidently I'm in Bristol as well... which reminds me...

Intrested in going to a local wargaming club?

Hi mate - if you're going to ask me about the Redland club, I live in Yatton so it's a wee bit awkward! A VERY occasional Tuesday night at GW is all I can manage.

As for grabbing lifts off people hurtling down the M4, courtesy of my dad not living too far from the motorway, I could be somewhere convenient at an appropriate time!

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Jonik - you suck.

Well we knew that anyway... :P
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
I could well be interested this time.
I'm also in Bristol and would be interested in blagging a lift off anyone who might be mosying this way......
Or I might hire a car.....

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
hi relentless... yea, this IH are going pretty well for me actually! been kicking some ass.. they might be seeing the tourney... if i can prize myself away from the all conquering Tau... which have won on the two occasions i took them!!!

as for the apocalypse FW model rules... its a tricky one!?

some things were clearly adjusted because of the way they work within the apocalypse rules set (in other words - thats the only reasoning i can think of for the otherwise seemingly harsh nerf to the barracuda!!??) its definately something we need to discuss...

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
IS this going to be a suck it up Oink, your Barracuda now sucks moment? You know, the whole sacrifice one to save the many hypothesis.

Razyus
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
yea, i think its going to be one of those moments! hehe... oh well, it doesnt make much difference, i hadnt planned on bringing along the beauty regardless...

its just one of those things, i mean, do we consider the apocalypse rules ONLY to be used for apocalypse games, or as games of standard 40k??

we have already established that the apocalypse flyer rules ARE NOT suitable for standard 40k games... as they assume some very different things are occuring... on very different board sizes. does this carry through to other units and rules too then?

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
Woohooo

The whipping boy is getting himself a new army! yer!

(still guard refrain... my the emperor protect us and keep us from the taint)

Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-