News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 176239 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #740 on: October 9, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »
Mikeleighb; Welcome to the GREEN side, your name has been added to the bank account, you will see it there on the next update.

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Again, welcome. I am sure that Angel of Death 007 will be along shortly to add you to the roster.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Boss Ard'Ragger

• Ork Yoof
  • Da Boyz Rock!!!
  • Armies: The Boyz, IG, Eldar,DE, Tau, GK, some SM
« Reply #741 on: October 10, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
Welcome to the tide of green Mike.  ;D
You Boyz wanna live forever?!  Waaaaagh!

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #742 on: October 10, 2012, 10:27:38 PM »
Mikeleighb, welcome aboard.  Now it is time for you to earn your t-shirt and krump in the name of the Green Menace. WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAA AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #743 on: October 15, 2012, 09:22:34 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE has been updated.

A few teef earned here and there, but a bit of a slow week. Congrats to Boss 'Ardrager who finally got his kit. Which makes me look at all you naked orks (not ogle mind you) and leer contently that at least we have some who are ready for mine field duty  ;)

For those of you who don't want mind field duty, earn some teef, and buy some kit. If you don't know how to earn some teef just read the stuff in the bank account right after the report sheets. To see who is mine field crew and who is battle ready just scroll up a bit and look at the roster, those that have kit have it listed after their names. If there is nothing after your name then you are mine field clearers.

Lots of stuff going on this month to earn teef, make sure to get stuck in.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Kommando Un'Toof

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Kommando (YFNK)
  • Armies: Orks and Eldar
« Reply #744 on: October 21, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »
So, going to make my first real Ork investment next month. I'll be dropping some money on my first box of boyz. Not so sure I want to go with AoBR boyz as I want extra bits and prefer to support my LGS. I've been interested in the hobby since 1992 and have been collecting miniatures and painting. I never really played the game though.

I love under-dog armies and from what I've heard in my LGS and on the forums, the Orks have been under-dogs for awhile and will most likely be under-dogs for quite a awhile.

My initial list will be 1k and can be viewed at this link: Kommando Un'Toof's Convoy

Eventually I will be moving toward three lists. Biker Gang, Dakka focus and Green Tide. Perhaps dabbling into allies later in my career.

Anyway, I hope to be an active Ork of the WotW and eventually model warboss for other grots and new recruits to look up to.

Edit: How can I get a avatar photo? I tried changing it in my user cp but it only lets me select photos that are already uploaded and when I select that it says there are no photos.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:03:02 PM by Kommando Un'Toof »
"Da small humie can't even pick up dat Grot's choppa! Leav'em, he'll get more killy next time we pass thru." - jawmonkey

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #745 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:22 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE Has Been updated.

Everyone go to The Roster and check out Kogtoofs new kit. As for all you naked orks, we have some minefields that need clearing, guess who goes first....  ;)

Kommando Un'Toof, welcome to the best ork forum on the www. You will see your name in the Bank Account next update (Mondays) and I am sure that Angel of Death 007 will be along shortly to add your name to the roster. Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here at THIS LINK

There is lots of toof earning opportunity going on this month.
The Unit of the Month thread Here
The Batrep Challenge This Link
And the Junkyard Gitz it Done event click here
So get stuck in and earn some teef to buy some kit.

As a side note; I have passed the 15k mark for the size of my army! You can see my list with pictures here in my Faces of The Waagh page. Remember do not reply in the Faces of The Waagh thread, and if you haven't started posting your collection then that is where you need to do it.

As always, if I missed any toof earning activity just send me a PM, and I will get your account updated tootie sweetie.

Offline Boss Ard'Ragger

• Ork Yoof
  • Da Boyz Rock!!!
  • Armies: The Boyz, IG, Eldar,DE, Tau, GK, some SM
« Reply #746 on: October 22, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
Welcome to the green tide Kommando, we got us an infiltertator boss, He HE  ;)
You Boyz wanna live forever?!  Waaaaagh!

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #747 on: October 22, 2012, 11:55:58 PM »
Welcome Kommando Un'Toof, allow me to add my greetings - Skeet's already filled you in so no need to repeat any of that. Getting your boyz set up with shootas will be a good first step towards two of your goals - a green tide with lots of dakka! Don't listen to any silly humies who refer to Orks as underdogs. If they persist, send a hungry squig in their direction. Then you can sell their models on ebay and buy more Orks.  ;D
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Kommando Un'Toof

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Kommando (YFNK)
  • Armies: Orks and Eldar
« Reply #748 on: October 23, 2012, 12:08:28 AM »
Don't listen to any silly humies who refer to Orks as underdogs. If they persist, send a hungry squig in their direction. Then you can sell their models on ebay and buy more Orks.  ;D

Thanks! I've always wanted to make huge blobs of shooting units. I just wanted it to be ... well.... not Imperial. I can't stand the way they look and their to be perfectly honest... they are not Orky enough.  8)
"Da small humie can't even pick up dat Grot's choppa! Leav'em, he'll get more killy next time we pass thru." - jawmonkey

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
  • WotW-Ork Elite: Mekboy with Big shoota
  • Armies: Da Orkz
« Reply #749 on: October 23, 2012, 12:45:41 AM »
Don't listen to any silly humies who refer to Orks as underdogs. If they persist, send a hungry squig in their direction. Then you can sell their models on ebay and buy more Orks.  ;D

Thanks! I've always wanted to make huge blobs of shooting units. I just wanted it to be ... well.... not Imperial. I can't stand the way they look and their to be perfectly honest... they are not Orky enough.  8)

Green is best. dem cadians jus' want to be like da orkz. thats why dey wear green. but real orkz is better den the 'uvvers.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #750 on: October 29, 2012, 09:51:27 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE and we are up to 111 members now. I don't know, but is the 111 a magic ork number?

Some good stuff going on this month, and some great toof earning opportunities are in the works. So stay tuned.

Also everyone go to the first page of this thread and you can see Ork E Nuff has some new kit. That means he is off the minefield team, as for the rest of you naked orks.......... Lets just say that there is a minefield that needs clearing and guess who is getting volunteered  ???

As always, if I missed any toof earning activity, just send me a PM and I will get your account updated tootie sweetie.

Offline Yellow

• - Insert awesome personal text here -
  • Armies: Orks
« Reply #751 on: October 31, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »
Hi,
I'm new to the neighbourhood and I heard I have to come too you guys about some teef? ;)

Hope to get off of the minefield team fast xD

Yellow

Offline travisb7

• Ork Boy
« Reply #752 on: October 31, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »
Hi,
I'm new to the neighbourhood and I heard I have to come too you guys about some teef? ;)

Hope to get off of the minefield team fast xD

Yellow

Welcome to the best Ork forum on the whole Interwebz! Seriously, I've crossed a few, and this is by far the best community in the literal sense. Good to see another member!

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #753 on: October 31, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »
Good to have you aboard Yellow...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #754 on: October 31, 2012, 11:05:21 PM »
The best way to get some teef (and really the only way) is to participation.  The WotW is a lot like the other CoC's and PoC's on the 40konline site, but I personally feel that one of the reasons why we've become so active and such a great community is because when we built it up we took the initiative on creating the teef system as a way to further reward those who participate.  (Well we also have the amazingly insane Skeetergod who was willing to be an Orkountant).

We have a wide multitude of events that come up from time to time, usually run by Angel of Death 007, Skeetergod, Adamscurr or myself (well moreso on the other boss's parts), including special scenario games, building/painting competitions, and fiction competitions.  Usually even if you don't place highly, there is still a nice reward granted, but if you're good (and lucky) enough to place at the top you'll get a good sized crate of teef.

More than just events though each month Adamscurr runs a Unit of the Month thread which besides being a place to discuss various units and strategies also is a good goldmine for teef, particularly if you happen to be heavy on the tactical mindset with great pics of your minis.  Other good ways of earning teef are writing up Batreps, fiction, and tactica for the greater forum (as such I mean putting these up in the appropriate areas such as the Batrep and Fiction boards, then letting us here at the WotW know).

Now I'm not going to say that those are the only ways to earn teef (although that's a lot of different ways if you think about it!), but they are the most common.  From time to time and really on a whim I've been known to gift a couple teef here and there, and I believe that AoD, Skeetergod and Adamscurr do the same.  But that's a rarity and isn't usually done in the public.

Ultimately though teef are just a bonus to the WotW, as are titles within the WotW.  They aren't really given, they have to be earned, so if you want to get off that minefield, the best (and really only) way is to participate.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Yellow

• - Insert awesome personal text here -
  • Armies: Orks
« Reply #755 on: October 31, 2012, 11:34:14 PM »
Thanks for all the advice, although i did know most or all of the stuff already as i can read (i think it's in one of the stickies, well i know i read it somewhere)  ;D

Yeah most of my minis are gray colorscheme, so not much teef to get with pictures of awesome battles. And in the nearly two years i've been collecting i've only played a hand full of games so no awesome batreps either  :-\

But i'm big on converting stuff so next Gitz it done or similar event i'm going to get myself some teef =)

already got 2 manz converted from AoBR Nobz in the last week :) (would have put them up for last month event but i was too lazy to paint them)

I did read about fiction event and i might try my luck there but i have absolutely no idea what to write about and i have only like 10 painted minis and since it's linked to one i might have to pass up on that one :(

but anyways it's great to be welcomed into the community :)

Yellow

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #756 on: November 1, 2012, 03:36:19 AM »
Welcome Yellow!  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #757 on: November 1, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »
Welcome aboard Kommando Un'Toof and Yellow.   Lets see if you can make it thru mine clearing duty to earn your t-shirt. 

Sorry to everyone, my new job duties have made me very much out of time as of recently.   I am going to try and catch up over the next few days.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #758 on: November 2, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
Welcome Yellow, your name has been added to the Bank Account, and you will see it there on the next update (Mondays).

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

I hope to see you improving your orkishness, and by being a member of this community I hope to see you get some stuff done. Again, Welcome to The Way of The Waagh.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #759 on: November 12, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE has been updated, and those who earned teef from the Gitz it done event will see them there.

Some good stuff going on this month, make sure you get stuck in to earn some teef, and once you earn some teef make sure to get some kit, as all you naked orks out there are looking at some serious minefield duty soon. Those with kit will just wait and watch while those without kit clear the minefield for us.  :D

So go to the Nano Orko or the Unit of the Month and get stuck in for this months toof earning activities.