News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153848 times)

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
  • If we don't end WAAGH, WAAGH will end us!
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #560 on: January 7, 2012, 01:09:41 PM »
Anyone know what the next modelling contest is? I had so much fun with saint snik and can't wait to do more!
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #561 on: January 9, 2012, 08:29:59 AM »
The Bank Account is updated, you can see it HERE

Some good stuff, and I see everyone is returning from their winter holiday adventure, so the board is waking up. Figures the weekend I have to go away and there is lots of posting going on... ::)

@CheeseyRobMan, did you put the pictures of your dread mob in your Faces of The Waagh post? (I didn't see them there last time I looked).
@Cheesey RobMan:  Freaking beautiful.    It must strike terror in your opponents just seeing all those walkers.   I wish I could get inspired to finish my mega dread.   I have slowed up after painting every month for the last year.   I took a month off.  I bet Skeetergod's knees started to shake at the sight of another dread bash type army.   *evil laugh*. 

Now that AOD has finally digested his holiday meal and woke up from his nap, I will see about those favoritism teef for your dread bash.

Anyone know what the next modelling contest is? I had so much fun with saint snik and can't wait to do more!

Yes, in FebuWAAAGHry we always have something going on. You will see some stirrings about this a little later in the month (tries to look sneaky, Hint; we will have to build something and play some games)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #562 on: January 13, 2012, 09:00:15 PM »
Ok had one hetic month with moving and the holidays, now that's it's all over it'll back to the grind of finishing up this army, commissions are almost done too (a year later) but welcome to all the new members post up and ask questions this is the most knowlegable ork group I've found to date

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
  • Don't botha me! I'm workin' on sumfin'!
« Reply #563 on: January 14, 2012, 12:11:28 AM »
Yes, in FebuWAAAGHry we always have something going on. You will see some stirrings about this a little later in the month (tries to look sneaky, Hint; we will have to build something and play some games)

Damn SKEETERGOD, you leave us in such suspense, I think it is great to have these sorts of competitions and community involvement here. Sign me up! Any way we can start before Febuwaaaaaaaghry? The Mek inside me is itching to tinker with da boyz !

Ok had one hetic month with moving and the holidays, now that's it's all over it'll back to the grind of finishing up this army, commissions are almost done too (a year later) but welcome to all the new members post up and ask questions this is the most knowlegable ork group I've found to date

Welcome back, I hate moving =/

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #564 on: January 14, 2012, 01:44:33 PM »
Any way we can start before Febuwaaaaaaaghry?

I'll second that. Something that rolls till the end of Feb?
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #565 on: January 14, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
OK, starting to feel some peer pressure here...

I will get with the other bosses and see if we can start the phase 1 a bit earlier.
(However I can hint that you will need about 2k worth of stuff near the end of Febuwaaghry, so if your army isn't quite that big yet you might want to get started on building it now.)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #566 on: January 14, 2012, 07:00:11 PM »

I will get with the other bosses and see if we can start the phase 1 a bit earlier.
(However I can hint that you will need about 2k worth of stuff near the end of Febuwaaghry, so if your army isn't quite that big yet you might want to get started on building it now.)

They always go after the easiest of the nutz to crack.   Don't fret my fellow green skins.  Skeeter and I put our heads together and came up with something that should be fun for everyone.   Think Skeetergod's ability to plan (and organize) and combine it with my tendency for craziness and I think you might get some idea where this is heading.   

Oh yes all my holiday food is well digested.  I had the Dok reconnect my brain pan.  I licked a light socket (gives me my shocking personality) and well you will see what happened soon enough....   LOL.   I think I might have even made Skeetergod roll off his chair.  I just know I would love to have seen his face when I sent him that PM.   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:03:39 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
« Reply #567 on: January 14, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »

I am currently still building my army, should I hold off on some units? I think I still have a lot of boyz to convert up still. Perhaps we should have an Ork board organised Monthly Konversion Komp not unlike the painting one where you vow to unleash your inner Mek?

They always go after the easiest of the nutz to crack.   Don't fret my fellow green skins.  Skeeter and I put our heads together and came up with something that should be fun for everyone.   Think Skeetergod's ability to plan (and organize) and combine it with my tendency for craziness and I think you might get some idea where this is heading.   

Oh yes all my holiday food is well digested.  I had the Dok reconnect my brain pan.  I licked a light socket (gives me my shocking personality) and well you will see what happened soon enough....   LOL.   I think I might have even made Skeetergod roll off his chair.  I just know I would love to have seen his face when I sent him that PM.   

Well I am all up for painting and converting. I working through  it on my own, but sharing the experience with others is a lot more motivating and enjoyable with a goal in mind. Very keen to hear what the both of you have cooked up !

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #568 on: January 14, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »
I am currently still building my army, should I hold off on some units?

Quite the opposite, build your army up to 2000 points (or more) now, that way you will have what you need for the Febuwaaghry campaign. A good ork general always needs more orks, so go get more orks.

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
« Reply #569 on: January 14, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »
I am currently still building my army, should I hold off on some units?

Quite the opposite, build your army up to 2000 points (or more) now, that way you will have what you need for the Febuwaaghry campaign. A good ork general always needs more orks, so go get more orks.

I meant I have the points, but they are in multiple stages of construction  ;D

Remember how I had that idea to convert every single boy?

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #570 on: January 14, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »
I am currently still building my army, should I hold off on some units? I think I still have a lot of boyz to convert up still. Perhaps we should have an Ork board organised Monthly Konversion Komp not unlike the painting one where you vow to unleash your inner Mek?

Well I am all up for painting and converting. I working through  it on my own, but sharing the experience with others is a lot more motivating and enjoyable with a goal in mind. Very keen to hear what the both of you have cooked up !

Nope keep building.   The event is going to center toward a "single" model (LOL in all aspects of the word)

as far as an ork board montly konversion komp.   We kinda did that, it was called The Scrapyard Buildoff.   It worked out well but got a bit out of control and away from the path it was intended to initially go.   (got overly abused a bit) 

We have discussed monthly events before, but between organizing, judging, and keeping activity high, it is a very hard scale to balance.  "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail".  Which with run-on events easily happens.   Luckily most of our events are planned out a month or more prior to being launched.  This allows us to figure out what all we need, run it by the council, and try to smooth out any potential rough spots.   For orks you would be surprised just how much planning we do.   There is a lot that goes on behind the curtain so to say.  Your bosses all work very hard behind the scenes.   We constantly bounce ideas off of each other (and off the wall). 

We learn as we go, and from our past adventures we have learned a lot about what does and does not work.   Luckily we have a very motivated council backed up by very motivated members.  This all adds to having some great events and experiences.   

Don't worry, the bosses always have something in the works.   As far as what we cooked up, well you will just have to wait and see.   We almost got all the details ironed out.   I think even sooner than myself or Skeetergod intended initially. 

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #571 on: January 14, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
Well I'm excited for another contest. I have a new batch of paints and models for the works. Hopefully one of my experiments works out fairly well. Maybe it will be the encouragement I need to work on "Groks kustom Trukk" it's just a pile of bitz right now.

O well. We are a very fortunate group of orks, probably the only ones on the web with such a dedicated group of bosses. Even a few dedicated boyz. Makes you want to "Waaagh!" ;)

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
« Reply #572 on: January 15, 2012, 02:05:31 AM »
The next contest is going to be interesting for me. I have a classic metal deff dread for me to build and a box of classic space orks (although I was planning on using them to make tank bustas). The deff dread would be an interesting konversion and as I write this post I remember that I have a brand new battlewagon on it's way. Shiny.
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
« Reply #573 on: January 15, 2012, 02:25:40 AM »
Well I'm excited for another contest. I have a new batch of paints and models for the works. Hopefully one of my experiments works out fairly well. Maybe it will be the encouragement I need to work on "Groks kustom Trukk" it's just a pile of bitz right now.

O well. We are a very fortunate group of orks, probably the only ones on the web with such a dedicated group of bosses. Even a few dedicated boyz. Makes you want to "Waaagh!" ;)

Yes, we are definitely dedicated to the WAAAAAGH ! I get more and more motivated to keep working on my army everyday thanks to the small, yet dedicated community we have here! A big thanks to the Ork Kommanderz for lookin' out fer us.

The next contest is going to be interesting for me. I have a classic metal deff dread for me to build and a box of classic space orks (although I was planning on using them to make tank bustas). The deff dread would be an interesting konversion and as I write this post I remember that I have a brand new battlewagon on it's way. Shiny.

Classic orks ! I do have a soft spot for OOP models, they had a lot more flair and character way back when. I am jealous of your new battlewagon. The only one I have is one I got in a trade, it is built all funny and undercoated BLACK  :o ( I use white undercoat for the colours to show better ). It is good that you found a use for your metal Deff Dread now  ;)

Ps:  I think we need some title rewards thrown into the competition as prizes so we can be proud of our achievements  ;)

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #574 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »
If you want to be proud of your achievement you could do what I did. I have an award spot on my faces of the Waaagh post.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #575 on: January 16, 2012, 09:04:31 AM »
Well, the bank account is updated, you can see it HERE

As for the Febuwaaghry stuff coming up, pick yourself an HQ unit, it can be a boss, a named character, a big mek, or even a meka dread, anything that the orks can choose as an HQ (even from IA). This will be your boss for all the games in Febuwaaghry. If you choose to build a new one, go for it and take pictures.

This is just to give you all a head start. DO NOT post your entries in this thread. I will start a thread for the "boss" entry later this week (just to keep you chomping at the bit), so wait for it.

** I was just caving into pressure and giving all you loyal readers a head start... ::)  Don't let me down**
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:21:51 AM by SKEETERGOD »

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
« Reply #576 on: January 16, 2012, 10:01:28 AM »
I just picked up a new "boss" just this past week!

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #577 on: January 16, 2012, 10:39:17 AM »
Hmmmm. Either I should finish Grok, or I could use the Boss I made for Orktober... So many choices!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #578 on: January 19, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »
Alllllrighty then, I have caved in to the pressure. Phase one of the Febuwaaghry contest and campaign can be found HERE

Since you all have PM'd me for some details and hints, I expect to see some awesome "boss" entries.     

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #579 on: January 23, 2012, 07:46:54 AM »
Well then, the Bank Account is updated, and it was easy this week due to a lack of teef earning it was just a copy and paste of last week, sigh... I guess it is the calm before the storm.  :o

Febuwaaghry is just around the corner, if you want a head start make sure you check it out at this link   ;D

Good stuff going on over there so make sure to stop by and get stuck in.