News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 170308 times)

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #360 on: August 4, 2011, 05:58:31 PM »
Welcome to the Green Tide!! ;)

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #361 on: August 5, 2011, 12:51:43 AM »
nawari you have been added to the Prospects.  We have a very active and knowledgable group here, so enjoy.   Make sure to read the articles in the boot camp as there is a lot of advice here.   Also on our front page you can find out about different tactics.  Just make sure to follow the rules of 40konline (especially when viewing older posts).

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #362 on: August 5, 2011, 08:04:39 AM »
nawari, Your name has been added to the Bank Account. Welcome to the Green Side
You will see your name there on the next update (Mondays).

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Make sure to read the first page of this thread as it has the all important FAQ, not the GW FAQ, the actual FAQ from people on this ork forum, so it might save you later when you ask a question and everyone tells you to read the FAQ.  ;)

Again, Welcome to the best ork forum on the WWW!
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #363 on: August 5, 2011, 09:30:10 AM »
Well I was going to wait awhile before I tried to join, but I just got an invitation. So hello bigger boyz, Im your newest recruit. ;D Thanks for the invite.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #364 on: August 5, 2011, 09:38:05 AM »
Nightwalker, . Welcome to the Green Side Your name has been added to the Bank Account and you will see it there on the next update (Mondays).

Now for the standard reply that you all must suffer through:
In the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Make sure to read the first page of this thread as it has the all important FAQ, and please make sure to read the forum rules and etiquette stuff too.

Again, Welcome to the best ork forum on the internet.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline m3talh3llth

• Ork Boy
  • Lando was a narc!
« Reply #365 on: August 5, 2011, 05:57:09 PM »
Hello! I've been playing 40k since 4th edition and I've finally gotten around to starting the greenest meanest army around, and would like to join the WotW.
Nothing to lose, everything to gain

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #366 on: August 5, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »
Welcome to M3tal, Nightwalker and nawari!  If I can help, I will - so feel free to ask  :)

okay, break is over.  back to building!
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #367 on: August 6, 2011, 07:33:53 AM »
m3talh3llth,  Welcome to the Green Side
Your name has been added to the Bank Account, and you will see your name there on the next update (Mondays).

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Make sure to read the first page of this thread as it has the all important FAQ, and of course be familiar with the forum rules and regulations.

Again, Welcome to the best ork forum on the WWW! (we will take over the world very soon, so get your waagh ready  :) )

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #368 on: August 6, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »
Well I was going to wait awhile before I tried to join, but I just got an invitation.

Greetings and welcome aboard.  Have you ever heard the Snikers commercial "Hungry why wait?"  Same applies for joining the WotW.  Why wait to join such an awesome group of fellow orks.  ;)

m3talh3llth I also wanna welcome you to the WotW as well.   

You are both added as official prospects for the WotW.  We have a really large ork community that seems to be growing more and more.   We also have a very knowledgable group of orks so feel free to ask whatever questions you may have, either on the forum or in PM to any of your bosses.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #369 on: August 6, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »
Hey thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :) I think I will enjoy being apart of this. All the help from you more experienced boyz will gladly be appreciated to.

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
« Reply #370 on: August 8, 2011, 07:19:08 AM »
thanks everyone for welcoming me in. im not much of a computer person so if i ever ask things that seem simple and stupid to others about 40k online and making posts..etc. im sorry in advance lol. currently im planning on getting a weirdboy for my ork army. i love the randomness of his powers and i read the tatica for him. deffinatley gonna throw him with 30 shoota boys haha.

i look forward to being apart of WotW!!
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #371 on: August 8, 2011, 08:47:15 AM »
The Bank Account has been updated, boy is there a lot of rich orks now!!!

Lots of good stuff, and we are up to 78 members now. The Waagh is growing, soon the safety of the of the other races will be in danger, as we are getting strong enough to take over the universe! (that means more good stuff)

As always, if I missed any toof earning activity, feel free to PM me or post it here, and I will get the account updated tootie sweetie.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »
I ended up taking 3rd this year for Ard Boyz at my LGS.    How did everyone else do?

Here was a short write up I did
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=216659.0

I ended up squaring off against
Blood Angels (mechanized)
Grey Knights (paladin heavy)
Mech Eldar

Hope to see everyone at Semi's (or maybe a few of you from FL)

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2011, 11:35:10 PM »
I did play, but unfortunately my orks aren't completely built and as it's WYSIWYG so I couldn't field them, so I played my Blood Angels and placed 9th

I played against

Eldar (Wraith Guard/Lord list)
Mech Imperial Guard
Mech Tau with 10 rail guns

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
  • To er is 'umie, to WaaaaaaagH! is divine.
Oil Leaks painting How To
« Reply #374 on: August 14, 2011, 07:19:14 AM »
OI GITZ! iz youz trukks all clean and spangly like a stinkin Pointy Earz flimzy flyer? Want to mess it up some? Even if you know how ta dirt it, LEARN HOW TA OIL IT 'ERE!

Hey guys just thought I'd let you in on a Painting how-to I've just posted on how to achieve a good and simple oil leak effect on vehicles.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=216668.msg2637049#new Just click here.... I'd put some gloves on first though ;)

Perfect for you Orky needs
Blood Axe Orks W/D/L - 12/3/1

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #375 on: August 15, 2011, 08:45:22 AM »
The Bank Account is updated HERE

I think this is the first time we had a whole week go by without a new member or someone earning teef. Have we leveled out just shy of a full green tide?

Anyways, congrats to all who placed in the Ard Boys, I will read AOD's Ard boy thread and all who took their orks to the tourney and post there, will get a toof, even if you finished 8th. Of course you will not see your bonus toof untile next week, but at least it is a toof.

As always; if I missed any toof earning activity feel free to PM me, or post it here.

PS: Zognuts, your teef are still in escrow, let us know when you get that fighter painted.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:09:36 AM by SKEETERGOD »

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
  • To er is 'umie, to WaaaaaaagH! is divine.
« Reply #376 on: August 15, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
Yes I will, thanks for the teef in advance anyway. Didn't think I was getting any since I missed the deadline so it's all a bonus :)

So far I've completed maybe 20% of the painting, progress is being recorded in my Plog [here - http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=214433.msg2637181#new]. Got swamped at work recently and I'm moving house next month so times a bit of a luxury atm.

Regards, Zog
Blood Axe Orks W/D/L - 12/3/1

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2011, 01:04:36 AM »
Everyone welcome Zangolas who is now an official Yoof of the WotW.   Here's your t-shirt now get to krumping.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2011, 03:10:43 AM »
We are giving out T-shirts now?  By Gork and Mork how are we going to be able to afford that, you do know that the teef system isn't a real form of currency right?

Jokes aside, we should all welcome another Ork into the fold, and Zangolas is more than deserving of that.  Besides you should be sure to butter him up as he is one of the Judges in the Bosspole month event (Remember kids bribery won't necessarily get you his vote, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt)

On a side note (in case no one noticed the past month or so), I am back on the boards on a somewhat regular status again, and rest assured those of you Yoofs that have joined up in my absence (or absent-minded-ness) who don't know me will shortly.  The WotW has grown into a fairly nice adolescence if you ask me, and we currently have a couple good things going at the moment, namely the continuing Scrapyard Build Off and the Bosspole Month Fiction event.

And if those don't pique your interest, just stay tuned, me and the rest of the WotW leaders will be cooking up more events for you all to participate in the coming months.

Peace
~OD

Post Script: don't attempt to bribe any of the bosspole judges, any such mention of such a thing was only an illusion *waves hand like a Jedi*
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »
My internet has been off the last week but found out my phone is a mobile wi-fi so that's good, times been rough as of late with bills and such and trying to support me and my aunt & uncle, just givin ya'll a head's up is all.

I ended up selling the old dark eldar raider so new trukk forth coming from that, but I did get my hands on a skaven doomwheel and will convert that up as a warboss on a bike (just fer you skeet) and am looking at the new fantasy goblin giant spider as a battle wagon. Also I'm happy to report that even though my orks are 5-1 (locally) I'm still the only ork here some players have models but refuse to play them even looking at my success, might be the BS of 2 that turns them away *evil chuckle* but orks are an "In Your Face" army and coming from blood angels and worldeaters plays right into my style!

Anyways, sorry for the delay in posts

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting