News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153885 times)

Offline Mercutioh

• Ork Yoof
  • Chaos and Orks, Making things go squish
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2011, 09:05:18 AM »
I don't think the error was on your end, Skeeter and I didn't by any means, intend to cause trouble. So for both counts mea culpa.

Offline pheonix lord slinjak

• Ork Yoof
  • Farseer,daemon prince
« Reply #301 on: July 13, 2011, 08:05:50 AM »
i would like to join the wotw and become a greeen skin
"you have slain millions of innocent eldar and have waged war against the galaxy why should we show you mercy" Farseer Corru-shala

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #302 on: July 13, 2011, 08:25:27 AM »
Welcome to the Green Side

Your name has been added to the bank account and you will see it there on the next update (Mondays) make sure you read the first page of this thread as it has lots of good stuff and the all important FAQ. (not like the GW FAQ, but the actually frequently asked questions of this forum)

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Again welcome to the Way of the Waagh, Angel of Death 007 should be along shortly to add you to the roster.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #303 on: July 13, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »
pheonix lord slinjak welcome aboard.   I hope you enjoy the greenside.   

It looks as though we have a great turn out this month in the Scrapyard build off with many of the projects taking shape.   

The battle of the bosses is nearing in under a week now myself and Skeetergod will be going to battle.

starstrider has moved on from yoof-hood and is now officially a boy.   Congrats.

Next week I will be out of town for a bit for my trip up to Pensacola and I will not have access to a computer at that time.  So if anyone tries to contact me they might not hear anything back for a few days.  Don't worry I didn't run away with the circus and I will be back. 

• Ork Yoof
  • Farseer,daemon prince
« Reply #304 on: July 13, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »
for a project i was thinking about converting an eldar grav tank into a green skined machine of destruction what do u think

p.s it is going to be a hard conversion but ill do it anyway as long as i get some good advice and for my guinea pig im thinking about using a fire prism
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:32:49 PM by pheonix lord slinjak »
"you have slain millions of innocent eldar and have waged war against the galaxy why should we show you mercy" Farseer Corru-shala

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #305 on: July 13, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »
for a project i was thinking about converting an eldar grav tank into a green skined machine of destruction what do u think

p.s it is going to be a hard conversion but ill do it anyway as long as i get some good advice and for my guinea pig im thinking about using a fire prism

Fire prism would work good for a looted wagon with a boom gun and ard case.   Give it some wheels and maybe swap or modify the top gun.  I like it.

• Ork Yoof
  • Farseer,daemon prince
« Reply #306 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:54 AM »
i wasnt sure eether to add on some weels or create the very first green skined grav tank

p.s i dnt knw were to get the ork guns and i dnt want to scratch build them thats only for the armour and stuff but maybe a custom deffrola
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:17:28 AM by pheonix lord slinjak »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #307 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »
Alrighty everyone, I must draw your attention to The Battle of The Bosses

AOD and I are going to play a 5.3k apoc battle. AOD is driving to Panama City with army, and I have reserved the store and tables, (not sure about pre-ordering pizza) and we are asking nicely for your assistance.

This game will be decided on personal and hidden/secret objectives. Both myself and AOD need you all to PM us a hidden objective (or two). Make sure to only PM me with objectives you want me to meet, but don’t tell AOD, instead send him an objective you want him to meet, but don’t tell me.

As for personal objectives I choose the “shoot the squiggoth in the beehynde". To count as objective met, it has to be a shot from the rear arc of the squiggoth, and must cause a wound. If the shot does not cause a wound (insufficient strength, armor save etc.) then the objective has not been met.

Hope to hear from you all very soon! Only 4 days before AOD hits the road, and its game on.

That link again is The Battle of The Bosses
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #308 on: July 14, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »
Betting is now open for the Battle of the Bosses.... 

For details make sure to check out the Battle of the Bosses post....   remember choose your model and place your bets...   and / or choose your boss and place your bets......

The model betting is on a first come first serve basis.............. ..  and go!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=215512.0

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • I think, therefore I win
« Reply #309 on: July 14, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
5 teef on whoever is playing kanwall!
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

Offline Zangolas

• Ork Boy
  • DO YOU her DA TuNNDaaaaaa
« Reply #310 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
Hello fellow green skins

Ive been playing orcs since 4thed and playing since 3rd but ive never really got into the full swing of thing do to the remote location I live at. ( 3hours from closest store that sold gw stuff) no longer a problem I wish to get back in full swing with everything again and I thought the best way to do that was to find a decent group to talk with about it and i think i may have found it.  8) right here on 40kO. ill be around
BLU TUNNDDAA

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #311 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:22 PM »
I'm the best here, don't let anyone tell you different.

I mean um.....welcome...sk eetergod will be around shortly...(thinks to self, "oh now i stepped in it")

JK, I obviously am one of the higher "ranked" orks here due to my previous attempts at a taktika...(by the way when are those gonna get added to the boot camp..I CANT WAIT ;D) But I am actually still learning some of the taktiks myself(run at the enemy and waagh...so complicated LOL)

As you can tell from my example stated here...while you may get the hang of using one squad one way, you never get the strategies of all the squads mastered...at least....before GW releases the next edition.

ANYWAY! welcome to the dark er i mean green side....May the WAAAAGH be with you....always. ;)
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #312 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:33 PM »
Welcome!

As you can tell from my example stated here...while you may get the hang of using one squad one way, you never get the strategies of all the squads mastered...at least....before GW releases the next edition.

Lol well if it goes like the previous codex....we''ll get to master all the units before a new codex is out.

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2011, 12:33:39 AM »
5 teef on whoever is playing kanwall!

That would be yours truly.   make sure u make it over to the battle of the bosses thread.   All betting will be handled there...

Zilverscale though our latest codex was a long time in the making.  I really think our new codex did Orks justice.  Not to mention made some decent options for different types of lists.  You don't get to see that too often with newer codexes...  As many of the newer codex's tend to favor certain must have units / builds.    I do however must say that after 5th edition was released my two favorite codexes were orks and dark eldar.   Though orks was technicallly released at the tail end of 4th edition (but wrote with 5th edition in mind).    Both gave a lot of options and allowed for different types of army builds... without having to go for powerbuilds.  Very balanced codexes...

Zangolas:  thank you for your interest in the WotW.  You have been added as a prospect.  Remember you have 30 days to follow the rules and show us just the type of ork you are.   I hope for you to join our ranks soon.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:23:12 AM by angel of death 007 »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:19 AM »
Zangolas; welcome to the Green Side

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Also, make sure you read through the rules that you can find HERE

When boss Angel of Death 007 tells me that you have survived probation, I will add you to the bank account where you can start earning teef for the great things that we expect you will do.

Welcome, and may you have many happy days of krumping  :)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2011, 09:43:34 AM »
The Bank Account is updated as of today (7-18-11) you can find it HERE

One new member and we are now at 72 members, getting close to the 3/4 mark for a full green tide.  :)

As always, if you did any teef earning activity and I missed it, feel free to PM me, or post it here in this thread (like your supposed to in the first place) and I will get it entered into your account right quick. (see, I didn't say tootie sweetie again)  ::)

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2011, 12:50:39 PM »
I did a Ghazghkull tactica, just wanted to do as I am supposed to to get my teef!
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2011, 07:39:08 AM »
I did a Ghazghkull tactica, just wanted to do as I am supposed to to get my teef!

Make sure you go to the bank account and read the part about earning teef again. You get teef for tacticas when your tactica gets on the project board. Hint; you can find it here

So, make any corrections as recommended by the members of the forum and then post it on the ork project board, that is when the teef are awarded. It kinda has to be that way otherwise everyone would be posting one line tacticas just to earn teef.

"Tactica: Run towards the enemy and krump him good. Now where is my teef?...."

See what I mean? After a reasonable time for people to reply, and you make any corrections, then move it to the project board. That is when you should post your tactica link here, (so we can find it) and that is when you earn your teef.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2011, 09:03:08 AM »
And the only problem with getting tactica's posted is that us ork players are so awesome that we have more tacticas than the other races and are waiting for them to post so the Mods can keep a proper rotation and not have the front board ork central! lol  ;)

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »
And the only problem with getting tactica's posted is that us ork players are so awesome that we have more tacticas than the other races and are waiting for them to post so the Mods can keep a proper rotation and not have the front board ork central! lol  ;)

Adam

SSSSHHHHH!!!! You are almost revealing our secret plans for taking over the world one forum at a time....

While it does take a while, it is well worth it, as almost every third article is still ork!!! Don't believe me? Check it out here