News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153830 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2011, 06:12:35 AM »
Nice, thank you very much I modified the above post but can you learn me the ways of posting link like Skeet does where it says HERE and it's a link?

This thread explains how to put words in your links in the opening post.  You can also see how to do it by quoting my post as though you were going to reply, and looking at the formating.

In short, what you have to do is to put = after the first URL inside the square brackets, then add the link between the brackets, and type the name of your link between the two url tags.  It's difficult to show, because the board automatically converts the code into a link, unless you put spaces in it, which is why I suggest that you look at the thread I've linked you to, and try quoting this post.  You can also add other coding to make the link stand out more, but you can read more about that in the thread I linked you to above  :).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:15:38 AM by Irisado »
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »
Nice, thank you very much I modified the above post but can you learn me the ways of posting link like Skeet does where it says HERE and it's a link?

This thread explains how to put words in your links in the opening post.  You can also see how to do it by quoting my post as though you were going to reply, and looking at the formating.

In short, what you have to do is to put = after the first URL inside the square brackets, then add the link between the brackets, and type the name of your link between the two url tags.  It's difficult to show, because the board automatically converts the code into a link, unless you put spaces in it, which is why I suggest that you look at the thread I've linked you to, and try quoting this post.  You can also add other coding to make the link stand out more, but you can read more about that in the thread I linked you to above  :).

Took a little looking at and toying around but I got it now. Thanks, I've modified my links post here

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • I think, therefore I win
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »
BATREP!!!

got a game in last night against one of my buddies who plays an IG leafblower style list.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=213345.0
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »
Good job, and two teef for you. I left a comment on you batrep thread, so I won't get too carried away here.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
BATREP!!!

got a game in last night against one of my buddies who plays an IG leafblower style list.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=213345.0

A very well played game.  Though you could classify your opponents army as a mechanized or hybrid guard list it is not exactly a leafblower style list.  It lacked the psychic battle squad(s) and the sheer amount of ordinance that most leafblower style lists have.  (basically the point of a leafblower list is to wipe out and cause units to run off the board fairly early in the game)  Between the psychic battle squads ability to lower a units leadership and the sheer amount of fire power the ordinances can put down it is sure to break squads and cause them to be "blown" (run) off the board.  Atleast that is how typical leafblower lists I have seen work. 

Leafblower lists are extremely effective against armies without psychic defensive capabilities and even more so against armies with low leadership to start with.

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2011, 04:01:05 PM »
 He had one of those psyker units, that's that 5 man robed unit in a chimera that I want sure what they were.

Edit: typo for the word "psyker"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 02:39:10 AM by incredibleskulk »
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

Offline Mercutioh

• Ork Yoof
  • Chaos and Orks, Making things go squish
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
A semi Batrep detailing Da TerreVerte Tides first outing
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=213379.0

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »

Offline Emperors Fists

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2011, 05:22:04 AM »
hey i was told that this thread is the right place for ork players and my newbie self  :)

basically im having problems deciding on a 1500pts ork army while im just starting out, going along the themed death skulls route. my real problem is that i get carried away with my elites and fast attack which im guessing many would think is wired when im trying to go for a death skulls army but there are lots of things that a really like in the ork book, so i suppose i dont really know what i want.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »
A semi Batrep detailing Da TerreVerte Tides first outing
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=213379.0

BATREP!!!!

Orks VS. Grey Knights
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=213391.0

It is good to see the orks are once again taking over the universe, (or at least your LGS) I left comments on your threads and both of you have 2 more teef in your accounts.

hey i was told that this thread is the right place for ork players and my newbie self  :)

basically im having problems deciding on a 1500pts ork army while im just starting out, going along the themed death skulls route. my real problem is that i get carried away with my elites and fast attack which im guessing many would think is wired when im trying to go for a death skulls army but there are lots of things that a really like in the ork book, so i suppose i dont really know what i want.

Welcome to the green side. There is a plethora of info here. I suggust you go to the top of this forum and peruse the stickies. Look at the armies posted in the faces of the waagh thread, maybe you might like a few of their armies. Then look through the boot camp, you might decide on a few "must have" units. Then go to the first page of this thread for the FAQ and some more good stuff.

This shoud help you to decide what kind of army you would like. Now, I am a speed freak, if you want my recommendation, then I will tell you to get trucks, more trucks, buggies, more buggies, bikers more bikers, and battle wagons. (oh and some boys to ride in them all) But hey, thats just me, you have to decide what fits you. When you are ready just repost in this thread that you would like to join the waagh and we will add you to our list.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2011, 11:59:33 AM »
You know, Skeet you remind of a hira krishna at the airport with the speed freeks but it's all good I've converted perhaps a tactica on the different orky armies might be in order?

Welcome Emperors Fists, I've gone through all the stickies of the different boards and I have to say this is the most active and updated one of them all. The boot camp area has loads of info for you to help you along the way of krumpiness. As for the list all I can say is are you going for fluff, damage, fun, catch-all? The beautiful thing about orks is there's no right or wrong, either way you have fun regardless, take me for example I have a Bad Moon army, it like yellow orks but it's a speed freak list which are normally red, Angel has the goffs and I believe is horde which is accordance to the fluff Skeed knows only how to paint red now a days so naturally he's a freak list, best I can say is post up a 1500 list, let us do our thing to it with info and such you take it with a grain of salt, proxy models get a game in and you done, orks will grab you and that's where you'll stay. I swear, Skeet warned me and sluffed it off like "whatever, ok" but I got hooked after painting the first mob and playing the first game. It was nuts. But I ramble I get so excited about orks go through the boot camp area, bat reps, army lists, conversions and have fun

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »
I just think it will be easier for me to post here cuz I have been getting a lot of pm.s.  I am about 1400 miles away from my computer til may 1st and only have my cellphone.just so everyone knows I am not ignoring them and will be back to regular business on the 1st of may.

hope all is well
aod 007

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
The bank account is updated, HERE some good stuff this week, lots of batreps and other good stuff.

As always if I missed anybody, send me a PM with the link of your work, or post it in this thread, and I will get your teeth credited to your account tootie sweetie.

Offline Chaplain Swordwind

• Infinity Circuit | Painboy
  • Faith is my shield, the Wailing Doom is my sword!
    • Click here for generic Math-Hammer tool.
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »
Wow, my teef account is remaining very... consistent.

Well, I just received an awesome Deff Dread in the mail today (I tried to get a pair, but I got outbid on e-bay in the final seconds on the second auction); and its motivating me to get my green on... so to speak.  ;)

I've been thinking about some orky ideas; probably nothing exceptionally good.  Awhile back Gutstikk posted an "Unconventional Eldar Tactics" article, where he explored the non-standard, highly situational but potentially devestating tactics available to the Eldar.  I'm thinking of trying something simlar for Orks.  I've got a few crazy ideas floating through my noggin right now; I'll try to get something posted that's worth a few teef.  ;)
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the unprepared.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Chaplain Swordwind is right about, ehm...everything.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2011, 10:02:39 AM »
I've got a few crazy ideas floating through my noggin right now; I'll try to get something posted that's worth a few teef.  ;)

Something that I have been meaning to do for a while is make a "Ork Army Build" article/tactica for all our visitors and yoofs. In other words orks army lists that seem to work well. Some examples:

The Speed Freaks (you know I would have to list them first), as many vehicles as you can, nothing walks, everyone rides or is painted red to go faster (even bikes) that drive accross the board and are usually in assault on turn 2.

The Kan Wall, two KFF meks providing cover for two deffdreads and 9 killa kans, that provide cover and fire support for 4 to 6 large units of boys, that walk accross the board and kill everything as there is nowhere for the enemy to run.

The Rolling Thunder, 6 battle wagons (or maybe 8 if the nob squads are small) 3 with 20 boys, 3 (or 5) with nobs, all with death rollers, that cruise accross the board and what doesn't die under the rollers gets chopped up by the nobs or boys.

Of course there are other klans that may have some interesting mixed lists, that haven't been named, or don't have a name, that might need to be listed. ;)

If you want, we can co-write this article/tactica on the "Types of Ork Armies" (or whatever we decide on for a title) and get this posted so that all those wandering ork players can see in one spot the many good ways to build and play an ork army. Of course this means I may not immediatly jump on new posters and prothelize for the kult, (well maybe I still will) I can just post a link to where the army build post is and maybe influence them to read the speed freak army list first.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
Ooo I like that rolling thunder idea, that never even occurred to me and I play bad moons seems very viable in the fluff as well. I've heard of this army called "bad moon list" but haven't seen one yet

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »
I would be happy to help write the kan wall tactica. It haas become my favorite build. I have fallen deeply in love with it!

Offline Chaplain Swordwind

• Infinity Circuit | Painboy
  • Faith is my shield, the Wailing Doom is my sword!
    • Click here for generic Math-Hammer tool.
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2011, 09:58:37 PM »
If you want, we can co-write this article/tactica on the "Types of Ork Armies" (or whatever we decide on for a title) and get this posted so that all those wandering ork players can see in one spot the many good ways to build and play an ork army.

I'd be happy to help out with such a project, but I must confess I don't know enough about any particular "archtype" to write with any real authority.  I'm pretty good with how individual units function, and even with the interactions between some units, but I'm still exploring the Orks as an army and I haven't spent a great deal of time working on any particular type.  I substitute stuff all the time, since the actual models I have on hand are relatively few right now and I'm still proxying quite a bit.
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the unprepared.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Chaplain Swordwind is right about, ehm...everything.

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »
Konversion for deff kopta to buggy!

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=213503.0